Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Something about that lower guild tier selling 0 so far needs to be done. Maybe something as simple as change it to alpha access. Reasoning behind that is someone buying it for his guild solo , or 10 folks getting organized enough to do it together are going to want the alpha access and not beta.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't want to offend you either, but many people have already raised the same concerns as you and Brad has addressed them. Currently, Brad and team are working without pay. They are experts at making games, not doing kickstarter campaigns. They are listening and considering all of the good advise that people have been giving. The Kickstarter tiers have already improved, did you see the page on day one? Also, I have followed many Kickstarter campaigns and I've never seen so many updates in such a short period. They are extremely active all over the internet. It's not like they are sitting at a computer hitting F5 on the Kickstarter page. I see Brad posting to groups on Facebook, tweeting, posting regularly here, the team is responding to comments on the Kickstarter page, Reddit is going on...etc. They have articles out from all of the big MMO/gaming sites. They have another big article hitting likely Monday from PC Gamer.

The community is amazing, we're all out there beating the pavement to make this project happen. If you want to see the game made, pledge and tell those people you know about it! Also, look around, you will certainly find your answers.
It isn't like I haven't been following this thread, their Kickstarter, their post on Reddit ect, ect. I plan on donating a fair bit granted $500-1,000 isn't a lot of money but it's enough that I am going at at least think twice before I throw it away. Which is why I want to know what the long term plans are. On his Kickstarter page they talk about how this is only the start and they will continue to raise funds after this is over, and if you know Kickstarter you know you can run the same thing again if they don't hit their goal it isn't one shot or bust thing. But if they do plan on shopping it around later for some real funding I am very curious about it. You know as well as I depending on who funds it can have a very big effect on direction of the game, I can't help but want to know more about this game.

I do want to see it made which is why I am posting in the first place, I am happy to offer cash, time, feedback, and word of mouth, I just want to be sure of what to expect in return.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Something about that lower guild tier selling 0 so far needs to be done. Maybe something as simple as change it to alpha access. Reasoning behind that is someone buying it for his guild solo , or 10 folks getting organized enough to do it together are going to want the alpha access and not beta.
Brought that up to them. Basically they want to reserve the alpha for the higher guild tier. I know they were looking for suggestions.. 1 was a unique guild hall

tad10

Elisha Dushku
They will need additional funding to complete. There is no guarantee they will get it. All you can do is hope and help out if there is a second round of kickstarter.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
It isn't like I haven't been following this thread, their Kickstarter, their post on Reddit ect, ect. I plan on donating a fair bit granted $500-1,000 isn't a lot of money but it's enough that I am going at at least think twice before I throw it away. Which is why I want to know what the long term plans are. On his Kickstarter page they talk about how this is only the start and they will continue to raise funds after this is over, and if you know Kickstarter you know you can run the same thing again if they don't hit their goal it isn't one shot or bust thing. But if they do plan on shopping it around later for some real funding I am very curious about it. You know as well as I depending on who funds it can have a very big effect on direction of the game, I can't help but want to know more about this game.

I do want to see it made which is why I am posting in the first place, I am happy to offer cash, time, feedback, and word of mouth, I just want to be sure of what to expect in return.
From what I have read, it is their intent to get the 800k on Kickstarter to prove that there is an audience for this type of game. I am sure you are aware that if they initially take funding from a big publisher, the publisher will want to take control of many aspects, including the creative side and then we will just end up with another game that is exactly like the other MMOs that have launched and failed in the past 10 years. If they can prove that we wantTHISgame, they have a better chance of holding onto the creative integrity of their vision when they seek additional funding.

Edit* Bad spelling, fast typing

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
From what I have read, it is their intent to get the 800k on Kickstarter to prove that their is an audience for this type of game. I am sure you are aware that if they initially take funding from a big publisher, the publisher will want to take control of many aspects, including the creative side and then we will just end up with another game that is exactly like the other MMOs that have launched and failed in the past 10 years. If they can prove that we wantTHISgame, they have a better chance of holding onto the creative integrity of their vision when they seek additional funding.
Well that's almost exactly what I have been saying. Which is exactly why I am curious about this aspect. Would be nice to hear the plans from Brad directly, or at least some idea of what his plans are, and even with some initial funding a big publisher could still get their hands on many aspects of game which I also implied. So I would like to be reassured that their is some thoughts by Brad and Co. to prevent such a thing. Your post was pretty much repeating my thoughts back to me.

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
Well that's almost exactly what I have been saying. Which is exactly why I am curious about this aspect. Would be nice to hear the plans from Brad directly, or at least some idea of what his plans are, and even with some initial funding a big publisher could still get their hands on many aspects of game which I also implied. So I would like to be reassured that their is some thoughts by Brad and Co. to prevent such a thing. Your post was pretty much repeating my thoughts back to me.
It seems to depend on just how successful the Kickstarter is, the more money they get the less they need from someone else and therefor the less control that someone will have.

This is what he said on IGN, emphasis mine;

It's not. Our intent for this Kickstarter is first to prove that there's enough of a demand for a group focused game that believes in the experience of the game instead of handholding, and to get the ball rolling on development. If we can get to the goal we will have proved that and will have enough to get this game started and be able to get our studio set up and operational.If we only get to the goal and little more, then we will visit other funding opportunities but first and foremost we wanted to make it possible to be completely crowdfunded so that you, the players, have more to do with what goes into the game than other powers would should we need to turn to those options later.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
This is copied directly from the Kickstarter page. I am not sure if you have seen this yet.

"A Note on Post Kickstarter Funding

This has come up in a few places so we want to make sure we address this. Our project starts with Kickstarter but that is not the end of it. If we get funded the campaign will continue on our website while we continue game development. When we sat down to look at what we wanted in the game we first had to consider our resources and what we would do with the money you all donate. What we came up with is a list of features that we feel are required to produce the core experience while allowing you to continue to back us like so many other projects have.

We believe that there is room for this type of game in the industry and, while we would all love to get everything at the minimum fund price, we know it will take more to include all of them. So please do not fret over those stretch goals because the opportunity to get them is not going away and neither is our need for your support. So lets consider this a call to arms we need everyone, who is willing, to rise up and get the word out on every social front you can. Lets ring the bells and bang the drums, separate we are but a lowly design team and some backers, together we are the heroes of Pantheon and the time has come for us to rise and make Terminus real.

Salim Grant, Director of Development"

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Seriously , he's answered the funding question about it starting with KS and not ending there.

He's not going to name names and give specific details because random Joe on a message board asked it again for 50th time and said he needs to know.

Would we all like to know specific details and back room conversations already made and with who ? Sure.

Does anyone with a half a brain think those details are coming out because its asked again ? No.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
From what I have read, it is their intent to get the 800k on Kickstarter to prove that there is an audience for this type of game. I am sure you are aware that if they initially take funding from a big publisher, the publisher will want to take control of many aspects, including the creative side and then we will just end up with another game that is exactly like the other MMOs that have launched and failed in the past 10 years. If they can prove that we wantTHISgame, they have a better chance of holding onto the creative integrity of their vision when they seek additional funding.

Edit* Bad spelling, fast typing
This.