Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Project: Gorgon ??" An Indie MMORPG by Industry Veterans by EricHeimburg Kickstarter
tongue.png
Sounds generic and like any other MMO that's come along promising groupy group content for groups to group-play.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oooooh snap tad whatcha gonna do now son?...
I know Tad pledged......so did I. I still follow it from time to time, I think it is great how this guy keeps trucking along. Btw, he had a working pre-alpha during his KS. (still does)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sorry... What information of they not been forthcoming about? Other than what are potentially sensitive and confidential strategic goals of their overall business plan, that is. Why would they divulge Visionary Realms sources of secondary funding (possibly against said person/group's will) to pledgers whom they have no financial responsibility to?

I think you are confusing the fact that we aren't funding Visionary Realms as a company, and instead are funding a project of theirs.

Or maybe I'm still misunderstanding.
Yes, you are misunderstanding me. I agree nobody needs to know their business partners but it would be nice to know the actual scope of this project. We all know 800k wont cut it but what are they really after 10mil, 20mil, 100mil? What can they accomplish on what they are asking for now, again is the goal to develop a small demo they can shop around, or it is just initial funding to build out the rest of their team, or is it merely an effort to show proof of concept. Or a combination of all three, that's why I said I would like to know what "success" from this kickstarter means in their eyes.

You seem to think I am asking for their financials, who their potential backers are, a detailed business plan, or some other information that I am not sure were you pulled the idea from. This is not what I have ever mentioned or wanted.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yes, you are misunderstanding me. I agree nobody needs to know their business partners but it would be nice to know the actual scope of this project. We all know 800k wont cut it but what are they really after 10mil, 20mil, 100mil?
Brad thinks 8 million can make the game he wants to make, so that's the ultimate goal I think. He posted it somewhere on this thread.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Sounds generic and like any other MMO that's come along promising groupy group content for groups to group-play.
It has a playable alpha google project gorgon. It's pretty fun for a weekend, but there isn't much there. Edit: Treesong beat me too it.

@TragedyAnn LoL post that shit on reddit/r/mmorpg. If you don't I will.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yes, you are misunderstanding me. I agree nobody needs to know their business partners but it would be nice to know the actual scope of this project. We all know 800k wont cut it but what are they really after 10mil, 20mil, 100mil? What can they accomplish on what they are asking for now, again is the goal to develop a small demo they can shop around, or it is just initial funding to build out the rest of their team, or is it merely an effort to show proof of concept. Or a combination of all three, that's why I said I would like to know what "success" from this kickstarter means in their eyes.

You seem to think I am asking for their financials, who their potential backers are, a detailed business plan, or some other information that I am not sure were you pulled the idea from. This is not what I have ever mentioned or wanted.
My mistake for taking your original post like that.

Honestly I should have been clearer as my post was more of going off yours assuming you did want names because others think we should have this info now. Should have clarified that myself. Anyone who thinks they haven't had some unofficial back room talks of possible future funding from real money is delusional (not referring to you or your post Booze here). Just some accept that but think he's going to give those details out publicly (or even directly confirm it)which is just as silly.

Of course if I hadn't been "snide" to you we wouldn't have the new tranny drama either so was worth it right there
biggrin.png

jilena_sl

shitlord
Which is what I said, the only classes that could solo effectively in EQ were because of fuck-ups. Which is why they constantly tried to nerf soloing after they realized they fucked up, with dot on moving mobs nerf, with summoning, with mage pet nerfs etc. So saying soloing will be like EQ is saying soloing will be in because we might fuck up and make your abilities OP, which is misleading.

And fuck you with the fungi tunic, retarded example, it was an end game item from one of the hardest group camps in an expansion pack, it has no place being in a discussion about whether solo was viable in EQ.
I'm pretty sure I said bandaids and then LATER a fungi tunic. I wasn't trying to imply that week 2 of Kunark the entire rogue population was out and about soloing happily away. Hell even with a fungi tunic rogue soloing was pretty shit. My point was just that it was POSSIBLE to solo albeit slowly and painfully for some with every class.

Also I don't know if I'd say soloing for every class was a fuckup. People soloing Ghoul Lord at 50 was probably an unintended consequence but really all of the casting classes could solo fairly effectively. Boring and dangerous for some of course (oh shit mr. wizard your root just broke time to gtfo). A bit tedious for others (yay cleric soloing). I don't know how you can look at the near perfectly synergistic necromancer abilities though and think that class wasn't built to be a badass. How much of a badass was probably unintentional for sure. It's not even like they were even one trick ponies. Like I'm sure mages chaining pets to kill something big might be unintentional. But necros can do that too. They can also let their pet beat something to death while they use bond of death and pact of shadow to keep it healed up. They can root dot shit to death. They can aggro kite. They can fear kite. They can charm kite. etc etc. I'm sure some of those are unintended but all of them?

*shrug*

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Pantheon101 site needs non-FB/Twitter accounts. I hate linking my FB to anything. Of course I hate FB... but that's another topic for another thread.