Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never understood why warriors had to give up all utility to be the best at something. I think a cool idea for a warrior would be a hybrid of fighter, rogue and ranger. Basically a warrior with good ranged backup abilities and a lot of melee tricks to debuff enemies.
Yeah almost like a warrior who could switch between Defensive, Berserker, and Battle stance.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
If he gets as far as making a beta state game that can actually ship, SOE will publish it. But if he cannot even get 800k in funding, SOE won't be putting anything behind it. This shouldn't be hard to understand. I also know you are trolling to get things fired up in this thread again.
smile.png
try less.

And it is close to the same thing. Vanguard was in shit shape when it launched. SOE didn't care. They had a desperate company with a game that could ship and for SOE it's a fairly easy business decision to collect royalties and profits with minimal support without funding the game. Fairly easy decision. The same concept would have applied here, except insert the general public in place of Microsoft.
Watch out guys, this guy might blow. He might unleash his fury of inside info. LOL! Oh wait, he got rolled already and told to sit down and shut up.

Mur_sl

shitlord
This almost over anything else. It feels like someone, who never did PR/marketing before, is aping what a major studio's marketing campaign is 6 months prior to launch after 5 years of development.
That's because Brad and Co. are still stuck in that paradigm. It's the reason the KS is so woefully lacking, and it's the reason the for the lack of transparency. They just don't get that the era of studios leaving people in the dark, and having weekly reveals, is over and dead; especially when you add a KS to the equation. They don't seem to get that what they need to do is show us the basics, the rough draft if you will, of the games major components. We need to know classes, races, death penalty, etc etc. No, we don't need the fleshed out final draft, but we do need more than Brads name, and some napkins with scribbles on them.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
Weeeee...the KS broke 180k....again. I must say, this KS is hard to watch. I really had a ton of hope for this game, still do but I now have some major reservations. Brad has only posted here once today. Maybe he is feeling defeated, this board has been quite harsh. Some of it is warranted and some of it is super nit picky but he does need to just pull himself up from his bootstraps and continue on. I hope all of the negativity isn't making him lose focus.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I never understood why warriors had to give up all utility to be the best at something. I think a cool idea for a warrior would be a hybrid of fighter, rogue and ranger. Basically a warrior with good ranged backup abilities and a lot of melee tricks to debuff enemies.
Then why not play a Shadow Knight? The appeal of playing the warrior in EverQuest was precisely because we didn't have 50 different buttons; all we needed was auto attack, bash, kick, taunt and a few discs. Warriors, did have decent DPS in EverQuest, not as good as DPS class but better than just about all non-DPS classes so they were well rounded in that regard.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weeeee...the KS broke 180k....again. I must say, this KS is hard to watch. I really had a ton of hope for this game, still do but I now have some major reservations. Brad has only posted here once today. Maybe he is feeling defeated, this board has been quite harsh. Some of it is warranted and some of it is super nit picky but he does need to just pull himself up from his bootstraps and continue on. I hope all of the negativity isn't making him lose focus.
I don't think he's remotely close to giving up. The guy wants this, bad. They will bounce back.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
They wouldn't. You would think with so many people saying the same thing Brad could at least acknowledge the elephant in the room. Just a "hey guys I hear the feedback, I appreciate everyone's passion and we're working hard to correct some of the mistakes we had with this projects rocky start" would go fucking miles to easy some of the concerns here, but this arrogant mother fucker can't even do that.
Pretty sure they have said similar things multiple times.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I don't think he's remotely close to giving up. The guy wants this, bad. They will bounce back.
Yeah, there is still plenty of time for them to turn it around. Just because he's not posting here doesn't mean he's not working elsewhere and personally I think posting here is a poor use of his time since everyone in this thread already knows about the project. He needs to focus his attention elsewhere, improve his campaign, release more information and get the word out to those who don't yet know about it.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Trathos_sl said:
Ok man. I had to respond to this. First off, no one is trying to "show up on your doorstep and take over." The fact that you see a literal virtual internet forum as "your doorstep" is a bit worrisome...(I'm just being honest). Perhaps you saw the last bit as acting like a child. On the contrary, if you look at all my postings leading up to that point, I tried to give as much respect as was given back in my posts, acknowledging people's points and if I generally thought it was a good idea, I'd say so. Your completely entitled to make these forums "your home" so to speak...but generally when your in a forum, and you post on a thread, you want the thread to stay on topic. I almost felt as if I had to be the moderator, because the same people kept saying the same shit over and over, and the mod (as far as I could tell...maybe I missed it somewhere) never said anything about it. So I ask some questions, then people jump on me because I joined a virtual forum recently?! Is that really me acting like a child? Sadly, up to that point, I felt like the grownup. (Again, go through my history).

Anyways, good luck on all your future posting endeavors. (It's sad, but even if this game gets made...I honestly don't think that same "Community" from the old days is even there anymore...everyone is more about "ME" first it seems and/or just wanting to "one-up" another).

Take it easy man.
Trathos mad.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Weird how all the following Kickstarters were not only funded in days, but in many cases massively over-funded, but this one doesn't seem on track.
frown.png

- Wasteland 2 (Wasteland/Fallout successor)
- Torment (Planescape successor)
- Elite Dangerous (Elite successor)
- Double Fine Adventure (a frikkin point-n-click game)
- Project Eternity (Baldur's Gate successor)
- Camelot Unchained (DAOC successor)
- Shroud of the Avatar (Ultima I-X successor)
- Shadowrun Returns (pnp game + Super NES/Genesis game)
- Planetary Annihilation (Total Annihilation successor)

All those games have similar nostalgia factor to EQ. Has the "free money by Kickstarting an old-school game" train finally run out? I'd take spiritiual EQ successor over any of those (except maybe Wasteland).
tongue.png
If Pantheon end up not getting funded. This list would be the best troll to Brad.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
One of the better tiers, Consultant's Pledge, is 25/25 and there are only 161 left of the $45 pledge. Pathfinder's Pledge is pretty decent too but other than those 3, I don't think there is a tier worth pledging...perhaps the internal tester one.