Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Flex's post on the comment thread for the KS was a bit unlucky but their reaction is hilarious. Not knowing what FoH was is now some kind of badge of honor? Yeah, congrats, you were nothing back in EQ.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Flex's post on the comment thread for the KS was a bit unlucky but their reaction is hilarious. Not knowing what FoH was is now some kind of badge of honor? Yeah, congrats, you were nothing back in EQ.
Not knowing about FoH says a lot more than that. It would be like a WoW player not knowing what EJ was. You aren't a gamer bro, you're just a nerd who likes to roleplay.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a rerolled exclusive coming from Ben on the VR team.. give me a sec and I'll post the email.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I basically sent him an email about the lack of details on the KS and how it is turning away backers.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback.

I think what we're seeing here is an unfortunate side effect of Kickstarter. There's really nothing being held back - all the info we have is out there, and the team is working around the clock to produce more. We'll keep adding to the page as we have it, but I think that's something that many may not still understand. A kickstarter, particularly one for a game that's currently being made by 10 guys in their own homes at a time when it's just starting, isn't going to have a ton of fleshed out content. The alternative would have been to put all our resources into making a single demo video, which we could have done, but then we'd only have the video and nothing else. Add to it that it's not a game for mass appeal, it makes for a very specific backer type.

It is a tough balance, but I'm certain if we cast a large enough net we can still reach the people who are interested in this type of game and who understand we don't currently have a studio working on releasing assets. Still a lot more coming as it gets completed, and lots of exposure through various networks coming up. We're still feeling quite positive about the game and where we're headed.
Also, I asked him about combat and class details. Sounds like they have the combat post almost ready to go up. As for classes, seems like they are still talking about it. They have some interviews logged where they basically say all this. Ben, was pretty clear on wanting this process to be transparent.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Hey man, thanks for the feedback.

I think what we're seeing here is an unfortunate side effect of Kickstarter. There's really nothing being held back - all the info we have is out there, and the team is working around the clock to produce more.
Pretty much what I figured. I'm not even pissed off about it anymore because its so obvious. They were totally unprepared basically. I still have hope for this game, but this isn't the best start for Brad considering what happened with Vanguard.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I kinda figured it as well. It was pretty obvious. I wish them luck, but I think they went a bit too early and expecting Brads name be the thing that draws millions.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ugh, that KS comment thread is the worst. It's a neckbeard orgy.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I basically sent him an email about the lack of details on the KS and how it is turning away backers.
He might have good intentions but that excuse holds no backing really. I don't mean this to come across as cold but it doesn't matter the circumstances he has at home, what matters is what he is bringing to the table, that's it! We aren't his friends, his buddies, or pals. Nobody here has any reason to give McQuaid money if this is how is intends to manage it and is that far out of touch with reality. There are kids, college students, parents, poor people, rich people, celebrities, and unknowns who use Kickstarter for various means. That is one the beauty of Kickstarter everyone has a chance but you are judged by the quality of the content you bring and the impression that you leave on people. I said tongue in cheek that Brad is no better than a beggar outside of McDonalds because it's easy to rustle jimmies in this thread, but at least I know the bum has an actual plan of how to use that money. This money first, work later approach is bullshit and it isn't because of Vangaurd or any past transgressions it would be bullshit coming from anyone, ask yourself it it wasn't Brad's name on that Kickstarter would you fund it?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He might have good intentions but that excuse holds no backing really. I don't mean this to come across as cold but it doesn't matter the circumstances he has at home, what matters is what he is bringing to the table, that's it! We aren't his friends, his buddies, or pals. Nobody here has any reason to give McQuaid money if this is how is intends to manage it and is that far out of touch with reality. There are kids, college students, parents, poor people, rich people, celebrities, and unknowns who use Kickstarter for various means. That is one the beauty of Kickstarter everyone has a chance but you are judged by the quality of the content you bring and the impression that you leave on people. I said tongue in cheek that Brad is no better than a beggar outside of McDonalds because it's easy to rustle jimmies in this thread, but at least I know the bum has an actual plan of how to use that money. This money first, work later approach is bullshit and it isn't because of Vangaurd or any past transgressions it would be bullshit coming from anyone, ask yourself it it wasn't Brad's name on that Kickstarter would you fund it?
Probably, but I wouldn't throw as much $$ at it.. Only because, there isnt shit out there besides EQN that interest me.

This very much is a blind faith kind of thing. You shouldn't donate, if you don't feel comfortable.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
'There's really nothing being held back - all the info we have is out there'

well there you go.
How can anybody seriously give money to this KS based on that response? I will not touch this KS unless a real business model is revealed. Yes it would only be $45.00 but it is still $45.00. I would rather go out to dinner with my wife and use the money towards that then just throw money away. I understand wanting a game, but this game is not going to happen this way. The fanatics that apparently exist both here and on the KS I feel are friends or relatives of the people who are trying to start this game. Nobody with any kind of logical sense and I guess some people do not have that sense, would give to this KS, unless they enjoy throwing money away.

I get more enjoyment watching this thread, then I get with any update so far revealed.