Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ah , my entertainment continues. The KS forum never fails to disappoint.

10 secs of scanning it and I've already seen multiple "SOE likely is shutting down VG because they are scared of Pantheon" type posts.

I am relieved the delusional levels there are still climbing.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I better be able to unlock quad-wield shields upon max level, or they've lost me. I want to wear one on my back and hang one from my neck.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ah , my entertainment continues. The KS forum never fails to disappoint.

10 secs of scanning it and I've already seen multiple "SOE likely is shutting down VG because they are scared of Pantheon" type posts.

I am relieved the delusional levels there are still climbing.
From the AMA

Why are you shutting down Vanguard?
Smed:

We no longer have the resources to dedicate to maintaining the code base such that it can stay in sync with our platform and our security needs. We've been running it at a loss for a long time. We haven't told the players that but we felt it was the right thing to do to keep it running. We've done it for 7 years and it's just time to shut it down.

I'm Sure he lying and just trying to prop up his good buddy Brad.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I don't like the you were a hero bs. Why not just start as a regular Joe? And the PoP Planescape aspect is unnecessary as well. Start in a new fantasy world is enough for now.
I'm with you man. The planes colliding to form a new world part is kind of cool, but fucking christ, I really hate the "you're a chosen hero who fell is now resurrected and immortal" thing. It really cheapens the stakes for me and makes the entire world feel less real.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
VG closing can only help the KS.. I'm not sure how many active people are there tho?
Yeah, I didn't meant to imply that I thought it would be a huge bonus , but I think the positives of it shutting down outweigh any negatives for Brad/Pantheon. Maybe he really did know it "unofficially" and timed it accordingly , who knows though.

Ok , now I see an argument about there will be no item camping in Pantheon , this revealed today by Ben or something ? I never can tell by the KS forums due to the lack of reality.

Scayre_sl

shitlord
I don't like the you were a hero bs. Why not just start as a regular Joe? And the PoP Planescape aspect is unnecessary as well. Start in a new fantasy world is enough for now.
I have to admit I dislike the fallen hero bit, but I could overlook that as long as they don't have what Rift had, a single starting zone where people are cheering you on for being a newly arisen special snowflake.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I have to admit I dislike the fallen hero bit, but I could overlook that as long as they don't have what Rift had, a single starting zone where people are cheering you on for being a newly arisen special snowflake.
Hated that stuff in Rift. Really cheapened every NPC in the game as they were "mere mortals" and made the whole conflict seem kind of pointless to me.

K13R

Fuck that fallen Hero shit that the lazy mans lore...

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm with you man. The planes colliding to form a new world part is kind of cool, but fucking christ, I really hate the "you're a chosen hero who fell is now resurrected and immortal" thing. It really cheapens the stakes for me and makes the entire world feel less real.
Way cooler if they'd have gone with the route of you're a nobody, but somebody has to try to save the world, so have at it, champ. And on the way, good for you, you'll be able to rob the graves of actual heroes and might have a chance at making something of yourself.

Fallen hero rising up is shit. Even more shit because they're trying to spin it into meta-lore where the ghosts of your past games and characters are your past fallen hero lives, and now you're a new hero in a new game.

Like I've said, they need a writer on staff, and quick.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Way cooler if they'd have gone with the route of you're a nobody, but somebody has to try to save the world, so have at it, champ. And on the way, good for you, you'll be able to rob the graves of actual heroes and might have a chance at making something of yourself.

Fallen hero rising up is shit. Even more shit because they're trying to spin it into meta-lore where the ghosts of your past games and characters are your past fallen hero lives, and now you're a new hero in a new game.

Man... all of this
frown.png

Starting to get depressed about this project. I think I should bail out on discussions about it for a little bit...

Orsenfelt_sl

shitlord
I better be able to unlock quad-wield shields upon max level, or they've lost me. I want to wear one on my back and hang one from my neck.
You know mudflation is going to mean you totally turtle up. One on the top of your helmet, one on each knee, feet shields for the ground monsters.

K13R

Or what if I don't want to save maybe I say fuck it and want to help blow that shit up or maybe I'm totally apathetic and I want to use my shields as sleds for me and my fuck up squire to bomb down a mountain with or make sand castles.. Build the world and back story I'm cool with but what I become in it should be my choice

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Anyone linking this to Vanguard is wrong. Anyone thinking there aren't 1,200 policies in place to prevent Vanguard code being sold to some random person is wrong.

Now let me go watch that new Q&A video. Today has been hectic and all I can recall is dick tags, dual shielding and Telon crumbling.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Anyone linking this to Vanguard is wrong. Anyone thinking there aren't 1,200 policies in place to prevent Vanguard code being sold to some random person is wrong.

Now let me go watch that new Q&A video. Today has been hectic and all I can recall is dick tags, dual shielding and Telon crumbling.
Mine definitely was in zero way any code or assets or anything, my post about Brad maybe being given a heads up on it was purely about timing reasons.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
1000! I want this game to become a reality just so this thread can be a treasured relic from the past, like the old eq threads.

or hall of shamed.

either or.