Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Wystler_sl

shitlord
then why stake the connection with the fan base and thus the efficacy of the project launch on this person?

it costs $0.00 to send some emails to artists that churn out fantasy themed concepts on a daily basis

guaranteed that they could find several today, and have (rough) art by tomorrow.

it doesn't have to be the art that is used in the game, the splash screens, or even as final concept for the 3d models, textures, and skins,but ANYTHING is better than nothing...
Well... let's not get TOO hasty there: "Slash"

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Well... let's not get TOO hasty there: "Slash"
rrr_img_58395.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Curious ,what kind of voting load does it take to get something front page on Reddit ? I've got no idea of the numbers on that type of thing.
It might have a shot if every single Kickstarter backer upvoted it. It might. But people can downvote as well and I'd guess this would get downvoted by thousands more than it would be upvoted.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
I get the feeling that rerolled could throw up a kick starter in a week that would attract more money and attention than this. Then we could hire Brad as our idea man
smile.png

Lysis

N00b
The point is, you're right. They're out there, and they're all scrambling to give their talent away so that they can add to their resume and land the Big Project design/concept art job that they dream of.

It seems like they just haven't even tried.
IMO, this is because Brad lives in a 90s reality. That's why he has to setup a studio before starting on a game and calls shooting video expensive.

Column_sl

shitlord
I've seen art books that no ones heard of get 500k on Kickstarter. I have no fucking idea how Brad failed this miserably given he can pretty much ride on the EQ name.

He just needs to retire at this point imo, and just enjoy his money if he still has some.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
An art book is something that most people won't have a hard time imagining getting completed. An MMO, even from a major studio, is a risk.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
An art book is something that most people won't have a hard time imagining getting completed. An MMO, even from a major studio, is a risk.
Plan C: Free Razer Naga's with pledges over $150, then get Razer and Swifty to promote it...

delirium_sl

shitlord
Nope!

Summon Corpse was added with (the first) Splitpaw revamp after Verant realised that a shitty newbie dungeon in the middle of nowhere was anincrediblydumb idea. What kind of fucking newb doesn't know that?
Actually, i remember going in to splitpaw for the first time aroun level 12ish before the first revamp, was an interesting trek to make to SK at such a low level.