Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still nobody used summon corpse because who had 90pp to spare when you were lv 20? You basically did everything else to get it back and that was like your last resort. Rogues were the lifesaver most of the time.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Arallu your Tsoukalos avatar just gave me a profound moment of clarity which pretty much sums up our collective state of mind, though I didn't realize it until just now.

"I'm not saying we want an HD remake of EQ, but we want an HD remake of EQ."

Everything they reveal that goes against that deeply repressed and staunchly denied desire insights dissension and reignites the flame posts.

Everything that supports this latent lust for EQ redux increases the kickstarter pledges.

We may need therapy after this is all said and done.

Graye_sl

shitlord
If this thing gets like 5 backers and starts jumping 10's of thousands of dollars... I'll probably pull my pledge. That would be way too fishy.

I'll be watching like a hawk the last few days.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Who gives a shit long as it gets invested.
Everyone who wants to see their money actually result in a game. If it's getting artificially "pledged" so that the backer can just get paid back once the funds cycle through Kickstarter, that's bad.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Arallu your Tsoukalos avatar just gave me a profound moment of clarity which pretty much sums up our collective state of mind, though I didn't realize it until just now.
"I'm not saying we want an HD remake of EQ, but we want an HD remake of EQ."
Everything they reveal that goes against that deeply repressed and staunchly denied desire insights dissension and reignites the flame posts.
Everything that supports thislatent lust for EQ reduxincreases the kickstarter pledges.
We may need therapy after this is all said and done.
It's the latent anunnaki genes we have...

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Everyone who wants to see their money actually result in a game. If it's getting artificially "pledged" so that the backer can just get paid back once the funds cycle through Kickstarter, that's bad.
Why would Brad risk that knowing this is his last shot in the industry?

Graye_sl

shitlord
I do. Because that is some shady shit right there.

I've already offered a TON as far as contacts, merchandising, content, plan layouts, etc... Not counting the financial aspect alone.

Having someone swoop in and pledge 200k so they can grab 600k from the people backing this is.... Well it would be fucking wrong and immoral.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Why would Brad risk that knowing this is his last shot in the industry?
He may feel it's his last shot if it doesn't fund. All or nothing?

Not saying he'd do it. Just saying that's why people would get suspicious if it happens at the end, if these $50k or $100k backers come out of nowhere.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I do. Because that is some shady shit right there.

I've already offered a TON as far as contacts, merchandising, content, plan layouts, etc... Not counting the financial aspect alone.

Having someone swoop in and pledge 200k so they can grab 600k from the people backing this is.... Well it would be fucking wrong and immoral.
Your 3rd post here is speculating about some grand conspiracy by a random investor to rip off the kickstarter? Are you fucking serious right now?

Lysis

N00b
According to Kicktraq, there are 24 days and 2 mins remaining...

- current daily avg: $14,874
- required daily avg: $22,797
- past 7 days daily avg: $9,528
- 24 full days remaining
- $15,000*21 + $80,000*3 + $252,296 = $807,296

The project needs to avg $15K/day the next 21 days to be within range of a $240K miracle over the final 3 days.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
He may feel it's his last shot if it doesn't fund. All or nothing?

Not saying he'd do it. Just saying that's why people would get suspicious if it happens at the end, if these $50k or $100k backers come out of nowhere.
I agree. If this doesn't fund, the next time you see Brad McQuaid could be when you swing by your local starbucks to grab a coffee and see a Visionary Barista. There is no going back for 3rd or 4th attempts at a comeback with the baggage McQuaid has.

Graye_sl

shitlord
You say that as if the topic has never been brought up before. I assure you, it has, and in this very thread.

3rd post on the new rerolled forums.. Sure. Because I don't live my life in some online community (forum, game, whatever). I'm not a new kid on the block, I just choose to remain silent for the most part.

I've referenced this community many times in my design processes. I don't often get involved at this level.

Sorry if I'm not a hater or a fanboi. The only reason I continue to refer here is that both sides are generally self-balancing... And when you cut through the bullshit (which can be thick at times), there is a large amount of factual backing and logical reasoning here. (Fuck it is difficult to say that)

I have a concern, as do many others. I'm skeptical about KS in general. With Reddit and Boogie happening this week, I'll be even more skeptical if there is a large funding boost w/ few additional backers.

Greed does shit to people. You think there us no chance of a favor getting called in for them to hit a 600k payday with YOUR money?

I stand by what I said. It is my opinion. That is just how I feel on the matter. Sorry again if I'm not displaying starry-eyed fanboism or burning hatred of this.

I want it to succeed ( not just the KS.. The concept of the game). I'm not putting on blinders to make myself feel better though.

delirium_sl

shitlord
You say that as if the topic has never been brought up before. I assure you, it has, and in this very thread.

3rd post on the new rerolled forums.. Sure. Because I don't live my life in some online community (forum, game, whatever). I'm not a new kid on the block, I just choose to remain silent for the most part.

I've referenced this community many times in my design processes. I don't often get involved at this level.

Sorry if I'm not a hater or a fanboi. The only reason I continue to refer here is that both sides are generally self-balancing... And when you cut through the bullshit (which can be thick at times), there is a large amount of factual backing and logical reasoning here. (Fuck it is difficult to say that)

I have a concern, as do many others. I'm skeptical about KS in general. With Reddit and Boogie happening this week, I'll be even more skeptical if there is a large funding boost w/ few additional backers.

Greed does shit to people. You think there us no chance of a favor getting called in for them to hit a 600k payday with YOUR money?

I stand by what I said. It is my opinion. That is just how I feel on the matter. Sorry again if I'm not displaying starry-eyed fanboism or burning hatred of this.

I want it to succeed ( not just the KS.. The concept of the game). I'm not putting on blinders to make myself feel better though.
Just curious as to how this might be different than say the KS making it to $800k with out any angel backers, and then VR getting investors involved to fund the rest of the game. All seems kind of the same to me if the get investors involved at all. I think I would be more upset that this thing funds, they take our money and piss it away rather than some magic rich investors pushing it to fund. If we get a good game in the end, thats all that matters to me.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist

rrr_img_58398.jpg

alright then.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
I'll say this: If my $45 bucks helps attract a real backer then they can have it. If this was just some proof of concept type deal then fine.

If the whole things vaporizes however, well then I'll be pissed.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@Graye-That's a tough one because you just never know who will throw money at the project. If it's the team putting up money, I'd rather know for the transparency of it but if it's just a guy with a lot of money? That's a hard one.. Who knows, MYspace Tom could drop a Million on it..

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think it is a very real possibility that, if the Kickstarter looks like it won't hit, Brad and co will pledge the hundreds of thousands required to get over the hump just to release the funds. Let's say that we're at $400k with a day to go. Brad and his cohorts can drop the remaining 400k, pay the 8% in fees to Kickstarter/Amazon, and get to work. An 8% fee (off the top) is negligible to get $400k in working capital.

Sure it is kind of shady, but as a backer, I don't really care.