Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Too many "More on this later" responses.

Achievement system sounds like it could be a reconfigured quest grind (wildly speculating here, but it's what I come to expect). Ie, normal exping isn't great, but if you go to all these areas and do all these things, you'll get great exp. Which sucks, because then you run into "Well, I've already done area X, don't want to group there. I need the achievement for area Y."
Fuck fuck fuckity fuck, while we have zero idea on actually how this works , I wanted to just be able to experience grind where-ever I wanted and how ever. This is a rail that will kill it for me if not explained better.........

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
[-]AraduneMithara 5 points 8 minutes ago

Blowing through content legitimately is part of the game. Power leveling by killing the same mob over and over again will be difficult. You don't level JUST by earning exp in this game. More on the Achievement System later.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Do you think Brad honestly believes everything he says? Like, does he really truly think he's really prepared, like he says? Or does he know he's bullshitting everyone?

Lysis

N00b
"MSFT..." "..dark place..." "know myself better"

should be:

"I deeply regret launching Vanguard prematurely. It was not ready. I apologize for misleading my customers prior to and after launch. I understand how frustrating it was. I recognize I let my team and fans down. I learned.. This won't happen again because... "

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Anti-Pantheon/Brad Circlejeck has gone full retard over the past day it seems.

Yes Brad should have had more info at the KS launch. But you can't expect every fucking detail for a game that is 3 years out.

I would imagine with most KS you are funding the team/company making the game project as well as the project itself. The two things tend to be inseparable. Why this is causing so much rustling for people like boozecube is something I don't understand.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck fuck fuckity fuck, while we have zero idea on actually how this works , I wanted to just be able to experience grind where-ever I wanted and how ever. This is a rail that will kill it for me if not explained better.........
[-]AraduneMithara 5 points 8 minutes ago

Blowing through content legitimately is part of the game. Power leveling by killing the same mob over and over again will be difficult. You don't level JUST by earning exp in this game. More on the Achievement System later.
Sounds like you are screwed :p

Like said, seems like questing, but instead of the ! and quest log, its all done via achievement window with no NPC needed(ie like GW2 and hearts). Still will move from zone to zone, finishing off that "Zone" then moving to the next.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
The Anti-Pantheon/Brad Circlejeck has gone full retard over the past day it seems.

Yes Brad should have had more info at the KS launch. But you can't expect every fucking detail for a game that is 3 years out.
Agreed, but when you do release details, they should be complete. Release the race info with a little blurb is a 2 minute job and really does nothing. Release the race info with the blurb, some concept art and available classes and you've got a complete picture.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>

I would imagine with most KS you are funding the team/company making the game project as well as the project itself. The two things tend to be inseparable. Why this is causing so much rustling for people like boozecube is something I don't understand.
If that's the case then they really shouldn't be making shit up as they go along as if they do have all of the details for a game that is three years out. It makes them look desperate (which they are).

Really the whole pitch is shit and that's why we're here. If they had nothing, which is increasingly appearing to be the truth of it, then they should have presented themselves as such. They should have made it clear that this round of funding was merely to get things started. Since Kickstarter requires a product, maybe say the funding is for a design document and working prototype. That way they could come back to Kickstarter in six months or a year with something concrete and do the real pitch for the actual game.

They got way ahead of themselves and aren't being honest with their potential customers.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

They are just schills for the mainstream.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hi Brad would love to hear more about the dynamic weather system you plan to incorporate and the possible effects on characters as they adventure.

[-]AraduneMithara 1 point 1 minute ago

We'd like to see things like Call Lightning. We'd like to see some abilities or spells work differently depending on weather; some worse, some better.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
"the amount you raise and the number of people who pledged is what is important to investors, even if we didn't make the $800k (and I think we will).
It would buy us plenty of time to reach out to investors, publishers. It would allow us to continue building the game and have more tangible assets to show off, etc. "

From the AMA

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
[-]AraduneMithara 1 point 424 milliseconds ago

I am a HUGE M:TG player. Some of the ideas behind the combat system and the essence system, where you find rare abilities and spells while out exploring were influenced by M:TG. For example, an experienced M:TG player will have cards in his deck not just based on his deck theme, but also as answers to what the other player(s) might do. Having 'answers' in Pantheon's combat will also be very important.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Sounds like you are screwed :p

Like said, seems like questing, but instead of the ! and quest log, its all done via achievement window with no NPC needed(ie like GW2 and hearts). Still will move from zone to zone, finishing off that "Zone" then moving to the next.
Yeah , I have no problem with encouraging exploration , I've thrown out the idea to make mobs that haven't been killed for a while dbl experience or something, but I don't want to be punished if I find a zone , say an undead atmosphere one I like , and want to grind there for a while. Completely fine if its slightly better to move around more , but if I'm getting hit heavy for mob grinding , not up for that .

Achievements really are dangerously close to a quest grind to me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I should of changed my name. I think he does not like me anymore and not answering my questions hehe.

Graye_sl

shitlord
Yeah , I have no problem with encouraging exploration , I've thrown out the idea to make mobs that haven't been killed for a while dbl experience or something, but I don't want to be punished if I find a zone , say an undead atmosphere one I like , and want to grind there for a while. Completely fine if its slightly better to move around more , but if I'm getting hit heavy for mob grinding , not up for that .

Achievements really are dangerously close to a quest grind to me.
I'm with Dahkoht on this. Not that I prefer "grinding" so much as.. sitting for 1-6 hours at a camp, with a group of people... filling in slots from a waiting list (HHK gobbies ALWAYS had a waiting list)... That is what they say they're trying to promote. That group aspect. That community building. I really hope they don't go overboard on "achievements."