Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Pops

I see you guys bashing other games but give this pill popping lotto winner a pass.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I just wonder where all the "It will fund" and "This game is getting made with or without the kickstarter" posters disappeared to.
All indications currently show that the team does intend to continue development whether or not the kickstarter actually funds. Whether or not they can manage the project to completion however is a different story entirely.

We're heading into the last week so the numbers of pledges will probably go up significantly as we head into the final stretch; however an addition $400,000 is a tall order and they will have to really have wow people over the next week if they want to make it. I'm pretty skeptical that they can manage to pull it off but it should be entertaining nonetheless.

If you think it's unlikely that it will get a lot of extra backing in the last week go look at any other kickstarter that has finished or any other one currently in it's last days.

Unsung Story has less than 2 days left and pledges have picked up significantly after weeks of stagnation:Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians by Playdek :: Kicktraq

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
rrr_img_60014.jpg
rrr_img_60015.jpg
rrr_img_60016.jpg
rrr_img_60017.jpg
rrr_img_60018.jpg
uhhhh huh.

*tears*

bayr_sl

shitlord
All indications currently show that the team does intend to continue development whether or not the kickstarter actually funds. Whether or not they can manage the project to completion however is a different story entirely.

We're heading into the last week so the numbers of pledges will probably go up significantly as we head into the final stretch; however an addition $400,000 is a tall order and they will have to really have wow people over the next week if they want to make it. I'm pretty skeptical that they can manage to pull it off but it should be entertaining nonetheless.

If you think it's unlikely that it will get a lot of extra backing in the last week go look at any other kickstarter that has finished or any other one currently in it's last days.

Unsung Story has less than 2 days left and pledges have picked up significantly after weeks of stagnation:Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians by Playdek :: Kicktraq
No they intend to keep taking money from fucking idiots who still have faith in them. Once they go off kickstarter they are just going to charge you right away, and these retards are never going to make a game, ever.

Pops

He screwed you all over ala VG and now you blindly through more money? Be glad is fails.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Omg man there are so many differences between those two kickstarters it isn't even funny. Let's see they have a team who aren't embarrassed to put there name, pictures, and credentials on the goddamn thing. They have a plan and even take the time to point out some of the inherent risks involved in making the game. They have a foundation already in place and you can see what they are trying to make without random ass guesswork. The list goes on and fucking on.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Omg man there are so many differences between those two kickstarters it isn't even funny. Let's see they have a team who aren't embarrassed to put there name, pictures, and credentials on the goddamn thing. They have a plan and even take the time to point out some of the inherent risks involved in making the game. They have a foundation already in place and you can see what they are trying to make without random ass guesswork. The list goes on and fucking on.
I'm only pointing it out as an example that it's pretty typical for kickstarters to really pick up steam in the last week. It's an example that is not currently funded and hasn't looked like it was going to fund for a number of weeks but now is looking much better in the final hours. I chose this example specifically because it is not yet complete.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pick up steam, sure but show me one that was 1/2 way there and scored the other 1/2 in the last days. Not gonna happen. Took them 2 fucking weeks to get from 300-400K

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea there is always a big shift at the end of a KS project, in general.

I anticipate a similar shift with Pantheon but I would not be surprised if it does not; that last twitter blurp looks absolutely devastating as an investor or backer. I've been extremely cynical and wary from the get go, but even then, reading this stuff gives me a very arrested development awkward feel. "And the person who should leave the dorm is Dad..I mean Michael. Ohhhhhhh, I need to go wash some dishes."

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yea there is always a big shift at the end of a KS project, in general.

I anticipate a similar shift with Pantheon but I would not be surprised if it does not; that last twitter blurp looks absolutely devastating as an investor or backer. I've been extremely cynical and wary from the get go, but even then, reading this stuff gives me a very arrested development awkward feel. "And the person who should leave the dorm is Dad..I mean Michael. Ohhhhhhh, I need to go wash some dishes."
I kind of hope Brad and pals toss in $400k to defraud kickstarter and these guys out of their money. For um.. science or something.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hard to take you serious Arctic when you admitted you are already paying $15 a month just to read their sekret forums.