Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think ToR, GW2, and Rift were all high quality releases as far as working as intended and design aside. Fuck, wow xpacs have been close to flawless on release since wotlk.

I think that's the bar. Maybe slightly below would be ok.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not really sure what that bar is either, for the hopelessly devoted it probably doesn't matter, he put out anything and they'll praise it like its eq reborn. For most people, I'd be shocked if this ever saw the light of day, at least in a somewhat playable form. If by some miracle he can get enough funding, I think its more likely to expect quality like mortal online instead of something like rift or even some others like Tera or aion .

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Full release as in STEAM/GMG and other major sites allow it to be sold as a full retail client? No beta or alpha tag and not only sold through his own site ?

I'd say 90/10 never happens. Unfortunate too , as for all the shit I give him for the stupid business decisions , I'd enjoy a game like this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
He should of tucked tail, accepted defeat, came back in 6 mos with something to show and kickstart this thing again. I honestly dont blame them though. People gotta make money and its either this fail or they go and get real jobs again, which is probably whats gonna happen anyway.

They should honestly rethink this "forum" strategy. Once you accept peoples money, there is no turning back....

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Noticed 4 of the alpha 45.00 slots are opened up again on the KS site. Backlash on the forum sub thing or just pulling out before KS ends ? I would think that KS trolling would have been done at higher dollar amounts (those 45 dollar tiers have been gone a bit).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Noticed 4 of the alpha 45.00 slots are opened up again on the KS site. Backlash on the forum sub thing or just pulling out before KS ends ? I would think that KS trolling would have been done at higher dollar amounts (those 45 dollar tiers have been gone a bit).
The only trolling that has happened on this kickstarter is from Brad.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keeping my $45 pledge in till the end because I'm not a huge drama queen.

Obviously this Ks has failed on an epic level.

It surprises me that with all their experience, they seem to make mistake after mistake. I wish I could be positive like convo but if they had put in some real effort before this ks started it would be looking really good now. Such rookie mistakes. I just shake my head day after day.

I, like most here will not subscribe to a website. Being a venture capitalist at heart, it was very hard even getting onboard with a KS and by no means will I give money away in such a juvenile manner.

All I can do is hope the people that are paying for the forum access tell brad and co that they should do a KS round 2 when/if they get some REAL shit together.

If it looks good in KS round 2 and they can prove they have something up and running I would again pledge.

I doubt most are as forgiving as me though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ks comment section has devolved to 5-6 people doing the circle jerk praising everything Brad.

Keep the faith guys lol.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
This might be a KS that gets no huge push the last two days , the ones behind it have basically given up and far more effort into the website with sub forums is being spent atm.

(and the backer total is going backwards today it seems, back under 3000)

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
To be fair the subsciption for the website thing was suggested by several people in the kickstarter comments before they decided to go that route. Just looking at the members list on the website and it becomes clear that they already have dozens of people subscribing to their champion level access. I can't fault Visionary Realms for taking money from people that are literally asking for their money to be taken. Honestly it's probably one of the smartest moves the team has made during this whole campaign.

Dahkoht, I was under the impression that Kickstarter sends out emails when a campaign has 48 hours left; which tends to lead people that had pledged but not closely followed it to come back and reexamine their pledge and try and convince more friends to pledge. I've look at the kicktraq for many kickstarters and I actually can't find a single one that didn't get at least a 10% boost in the final 48 hours.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bad thing is, the ones that have already setup to subscribe to their forums are probably the one group of people you want to listen to the least when it comes to development.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Bad thing is, the ones that have already setup to subscribe to their forums are probably the one group of people you want to listen to the least when it comes to development.
That's assuming the team listens to them during development. If we go by how much the team has listened to suggestions on how to manage their kickstarter page over the last two weeks I don't think there is much to worry about.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
But that's it , it might get a 10% boost at best, that's not all that spectacular. It's not all the fans sitting on the sidelines waiting to dump money into it at the last minute like we've heard for weeks now.

Most Kickstarter owners don't abandon it and move on to a private site for funding before the KS ends either. I keep seeing folks say look at Roberts and Jacobs and all the post KS donations they have gotten directly.

If I'm not mistaken all those post KS donations have come after a successful KS campaign they both pushed until the very end.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
But that's it , it might get a 10% boost at best, that's not all that spectacular. It's not all the fans sitting on the sidelines waiting to dump money into it at the last minute like we've heard for weeks now.

Most Kickstarter owners don't abandon it and move on to a private site for funding before the KS ends either. I keep seeing folks say like at Roberts and Jacobs and all the post KS donations they have gotten directly.

If I'm not mistaken all those post KS donations have come after a successful KS campaign they both pushed until the very end.
That's exactly the problem. During the first three weeks I actually didn't mind so much that they didn't have a good Kickstarter page to start with since they were actively trying to improve it and were listening to feedback. What happened in the 4th week where they pretty much gave up on it and changed all focus to their private website was unacceptable. Changing to plan B when plan A is still in effect was by far the worst decision they made during this entire campaign. Having an improved website was needed but they should have waited until the kickstarter was over before revealing their pay-to-access plans.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To be fair the subsciption for the website thing was suggested by several people in the kickstarter comments before they decided to go that route. Just looking at the members list on the website and it becomes clear that they already have dozens of people subscribing to their champion level access. I can't fault Visionary Realms for taking money from people .
And dozens is members at 15 bucks is what? $400-$1000 a month. Hmm

I cancelled mine today. Even if the game somehow gets funded and they get their 800K I have 0 faith the game will actually get released. $45 isn't much but I am not giving away money to such a gong show.

I have nothing against Brad, but he obviously still thinks him and his team are king shit and cannot fail.. thus the complete lazyness of the kickstart and the retarded screen shots (the ones that show a few trees) are somehow supposed to convince me to fund this game?

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
And dozens is members at 15 bucks is what? $400-$1000 a month. Hmm
It's not nearly enough to make the game but $1000/month is pretty good "free money" from a website that really doesn't deserve it. Best part is taking their money seems to keep these people happy; can't really fault the team for taking the money.

I think I'll actually take the time to go through all 340ish members to see how many of them have paid for champion access so we can get a better count.