Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
What about spells?
Spells & classes are lame and unnecessary. They should all be attached to weaponry and gear. Ice wand, death magic staff, poison magic daggers, control magic crown, etc. They could come with clickie effects that you just drag to a hot bar. Developers try way too hard, and games are worse because of it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Spells & classes are lame and unnecessary. They should all be attached to weaponry and gear. Ice wand, death magic staff, poison magic daggers, control magic crown, etc. They could come with clickie effects that you just drag to a hot bar. Developers try way too hard, and games are worse because of it.
Would the spells attached to the weaponry have unlimited charges? If not, how would they recharge?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
So Vaseline blames us for Brad being incompetent and everyone else has realized this game just doesn't have the funding or leadership to actually get made. Good times! So, I'm wondering if SOE actually succeeds at making EQL a hub of player based creativity, who is going to build the next EQ? The old school one for everyone? Is that the next chance to see this kind of game get made? Are there any other options?
That is what I originally thought brad was doing.

Close to around the time SOE was talking about building an MMO inside eql I thought that brad and Co were doing that and it's a cool idea but killer is in details. .. how much control in eql is there for implementing classes and combat. ?. I don't buy that taking the combat from eqN gets us there but it will be something to look at. At the time I did not think there was combat in eqn yet.

If it does deliver as a platform to make an mmo I would love to be involved ... sounds like a great community project !

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
That is what I originally thought brad was doing.

Close to around the time SOE was talking about building an MMO inside eql I thought that brad and Co were doing that and it's a cool idea but killer is in details. .. how much control in eql is there for implementing classes and combat. ?. I don't buy that taking the combat from eqN gets us there but it will be something to look at. At the time I did not think there was combat in eqn yet.

If it does deliver as a platform to make an mmo I would love to be involved ... sounds like a great community project !
We can all hopefully make a Rerolled Sphere for EQL once the tools are completely released (AI , mob making , rules etc ), then we can all beChampion Apprentice Developers.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Its the same neckbeard crowd all laden with thousands of post count on an evil crusade to stop Brad. So funny. Carry on you fat fucks
That's exactly my point, it failed, yet you guys are still here. It's funny when you call people fat fucks and they start scurrying around angrily and actually burn calories.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
That's exactly my point, it failed, yet you guys are still here. It's funny when you call people fat fucks and they start scurrying around angrily and actually burn calories.
It failed and you're still here too genius. Its funny watching you try to act like you are somehow better then us when you're still playing white knight for a failed project. Same coin, different side.

Also, fat jokes? Are you fucking 12? Want to lay some of your sick momma jokes on us next hero?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
We can all hopefully make a Rerolled Sphere for EQL once the tools are completely released (AI , mob making , rules etc ), then we can all beChampion Apprentice Developers.
Wouldn't it be hot shit if there ARE the tools needed in eql to do this and we beat pantheon to market lol!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The KS was just a complete letdown and further cemented the notion that Brad & co. can't manage anything. But you'd all still come crawling back if they somehow pull it off in the end.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Would the spells attached to the weaponry have unlimited charges? If not, how would they recharge?
Ya, the way I imagine it is just inherent unlimited clickable abilities tied to gear, that draw on some kind of resource (mana/focus/whatever).

You limit the possible ability build combinations by only attaching certain ability types to certain gear slots. Like, all CC abilities are found on head and glove gear exclusively. Say for whatever reason the developers don't want players to be able to do big crazy nukes and CC at the same time... Just make the big nukes come from the same slot CCs come from. Then the really desirable items from the end game could be unique abilities found on off-slots. Like OMFG crowd control boots. Then it'd be possible for a high end character to have 3 CC abilities etc etc. Limit number of gear slots to something like 8-10, so your character only has access to that many potential abilities and has to make meaningful decisions.

Under this system you wouldn't need levels... Stats... AAs... Or any other form of character progression. The whole game would be acquiring these artifacts, and each one would be very meaningful and have huge impacts on your character's play experience. You'd be constantly evolving if that's what you wanted to do. You could have a broad scope of abilities, or be able to focus in and become a powerhouse in a given situation.

You could hand craft every single item in this system... Since there would only be a couple hundred in the whole world. They would be difficult to obtain, and you'd carry them for months, and in some cases, forever.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
From their facebook

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
Hi all,

In approximately 48 hours we've recouped about 25% of the Kickstarter money... meaning about 25% of you who pledged on KS have gone toPantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Landing Pageand re-pledged.

That's incredible!...
Lol, that is incredible! They have lost 75% of their paying support within just a few weeks! Can Brad work harder to make it 80% Go BRAD!! Go Vaseline! Go apprentice sorcerers, golden children, purple pansies or whatever.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I get them trying to be positive, but seriously , deep down do they expect many more to come over and donate to the private site ? Too many got a bad taste of how the KS was handled , while others will only donate through KS and not directly anyway.

I've given my load of shit to Brad for being a business moron (and still hold to this ), but really do wonder if they think many more will donate , or if they think the current flock will continue to miss rent payments to help keep the lights on.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Ya, the way I imagine it is just inherent unlimited clickable abilities tied to gear, that draw on some kind of resource (mana/focus/whatever).

You limit the possible ability build combinations by only attaching certain ability types to certain gear slots. Like, all CC abilities are found on head and glove gear exclusively. Say for whatever reason the developers don't want players to be able to do big crazy nukes and CC at the same time... Just make the big nukes come from the same slot CCs come from. Then the really desirable items from the end game could be unique abilities found on off-slots. Like OMFG crowd control boots. Then it'd be possible for a high end character to have 3 CC abilities etc etc. Limit number of gear slots to something like 8-10, so your character only has access to that many potential abilities and has to make meaningful decisions.

Under this system you wouldn't need levels... Stats... AAs... Or any other form of character progression. The whole game would be acquiring these artifacts, and each one would be very meaningful and have huge impacts on your character's play experience. You'd be constantly evolving if that's what you wanted to do. You could have a broad scope of abilities, or be able to focus in and become a powerhouse in a given situation.

You could hand craft every single item in this system... Since there would only be a couple hundred in the whole world. They would be difficult to obtain, and you'd carry them for months, and in some cases, forever.
This is quite a bit like DDO or dd 3.5 in general with the difference being caster's can mem spells directly and others have to rely on gear items with clickie but everything is based off 2 sets of magic. arcane and Devine.. The more caster levels u have the more u get to mem.. 3.5 being quite a multi- classing sandbox. . And very fun

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This is quite a bit like DDO or dd 3.5 in general with the difference being caster's can mem spells directly and others have to rely on gear items with clickie but everything is based off 2 sets of magic. arcane and Devine.. The more caster levels u have the more u get to mem.. 3.5 being quite a multi- classing sandbox. . And very fun
Really? DDO is one of the few mainstream MMO I have never played. Maybe I should give it a shot.

I've been McQuaiding an MMORPG on napkins for a while that is basically RUST in a non-traditional fantasy setting combined with elements of Shadow of the Colossus. It's actually pretty neat.