Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
While I agree that referencing personal drug problems isn't classy, my outrage never surfaced because Brad is also a con artist. Many people never wanted him to run this company and it wasn't his past drug use that destroyed the last two projects he's lead. It's his other problems like an aversion to real work. His lies in that interview sounded just like his lies at the end of the KS. At least he's consistent?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Yeah, right. The game is nearly finished, but they are waiting just for the right moment to show it to us!

Why would I believe anything they say? If they are not showing it, they dont have it as far as I am concerned.

Edit: Bah, this post is in reference to the mysterious demo, they supposedly have.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Agreed. While the occasional one-liner being snorted can be funny, why hold one alleged aspect of Brad's character against him from so many years ago? That shows a flaw in the person not able to forgive or move on. And it's pointless when there are scores of other more relevant things one can hold against Brad. Why hang him over personal problems of the past when you can just watch him hang himself over professional failures of the present.
indeed mr popscicle. He has delivered plenty of new material !

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Serious question: how did Brad ever get EQ off the ground? I mean, that seems to be the only useful line on his resume. Was it luck that EQ took off (right place at right time)? Did he have a stronger team supporting him?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Serious question: how did Brad ever get EQ off the ground? I mean, that seems to be the only useful line on his resume. Was it luck that EQ took off (right place at right time)? Did he have a stronger team supporting him?
Vanguard was a pretty kick ass game from a design perspective, so the dood has done good stuff... however, obviously having him run the acquire funding part of these things seems pretty fail. I think that was pretty much the consensus Brad needs someone to manage the business and he to simply be the lead design guy..

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Vanguard was a pretty kick ass game from a design perspective, so the dood has done good stuff... however, obviously having him run the acquire funding part of these things seems pretty fail. I think that was pretty much the consensus Brad needs someone to manage the business and he to simply be the lead design guy..
Isn't the common wisdom that Brad pretty much did fuck all as far as game design was concerned for Vanguard?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
John Smedley.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"In the past few months we have seen some of the most passion bubble up from the Internet than we have in some time; all for an idea of a game we all want to see happen. It has been an exciting time for all of us.

Over the first month of development through crowdfunding, we've been able to achieve what was needed to be done in order to gain investor interest. That is, we've shown there is interest in a game like Pantheon, we've built the term sheets and business plan, and now have a prototype we can show to potential investors.

The downside now is that our initial resources have depleted, which regrettably means that development is going to slow down until finances can be secured. It's not something we want to do by any means, but as we cannot guarantee paychecks to the team, they each need to be able to spend time on other things to pay the bills.

Once we're able to get that level of funding we can then secure much-needed studio space and be able to pick up the pace of production dramatically. We are deeply thankful to this community for getting Pantheon to this critical point, where we have been able to put together an attractive package to present to potential investors.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase, and not towards development."

I cant comprehend whats going on in Brads head. They have no more money, they have pretty much nothing to show for all the "effort" the put into the project, and all he can think about is securing funds the get studio space.... fucking crazy!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Salim isn't lying. They did have a combat prototype during the KS. Brad even mentioned it a few times, which led us to ask to see it. I think the issue regarding the demo is after the KS, they stopped working on it and shifted to game development.

Personally, I think they switched to demo instead of full production when the angel investor pulled out or they realized the crowd fund wasn't going to happen. If I had to guess, they have a polished visual demo with basic combat. This part isn't sitting well with the members. I still think we are missing part of the story as well. We went from Ogre week to hibernation mode.
Have you seen any evidence of this prototype or this 'polished visual demo'? Here is what I don't get. The goal is to raise money, in any way you can. How is not putting that stuff out, no matter how simple or alpha it was, worse than the situation they found themselves in where they have been openly questioned from day one as not having anything tangible?

You're missing part of the story because these people don't even communicate with each other as to what's going on and obviously the one who's supposed to manage that communication (Brad) isn't around because he's begging people for money. At the end of the day, these guys have been operating like they've never been in the game business before (including Brad).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you seen any evidence of this prototype or this 'polished visual demo'? Here is what I don't get. The goal is to raise money, in any way you can. How is not putting that stuff out, no matter how simple or alpha it was, worse than the situation they found themselves in where they have been openly questioned from day one as not having anything tangible?

You're missing part of the story because these people don't even communicate with each other as to what's going on and obviously the one who's supposed to manage that communication (Brad) isn't around because he's begging people for money. At the end of the day, these guys have been operating like they've never been in the game business before (including Brad).
Vu posted some screens of it.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Blog View - More Polish on the New Sunken Sanctum Entrance

I know the layout of it and how much it shows. At this point. it's really not worth it because unless they show it, nobody will believe them. But I really have no problem saying it exist. I just don't think it was completed to the level of some of the teams satisfaction. Just my opinion..

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The part of the story that is missing is the truth. They did not have a demo before, or during the KS. There is absolutely no way that someone with a working demo is going to sit back and watch $460,000 walk out the door without showing off everything they have.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Vu posted some screens of it.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - Blog View - More Polish on the New Sunken Sanctum Entrance

I know the layout of it and how much it shows. At this point. it's really not worth it because unless they show it, nobody will believe them. But I really have no problem saying it exist. I just don't think it was completed to the level of some of the teams satisfaction. Just my opinion..
That's not a demo, just some screenshots of a zone. A demo will include game systems that they in no way have had time to create yet.

Merlin_sl

shitlord

Come on convo. You can't seriously believe they have this functioning demo they have been hiding and just not showing anyone. They have lied about everything else, what makes you believe this isn't just another lie?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Come on convo. You can't seriously believe they have this functioning demo they have been hiding and just not showing anyone. They have lied about everything else, what makes you believe this isn't just another lie?
Yea, I do believe they were working on polishing an area to show off. I confirmed with 3 people on the team I really trust privately and the details were pretty consistent.

Skanda-The combat wont be anything special. As you're right, the core features were not even developed yet.

I just know there is a polished outside area, with a mini dungeon that leads to a boss room. Those screens you see are the entrance to the mini dungeon.

I'm going to see what I can find out about it being released

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What are we talking about? A real prototype (a small zone where you can run around with a char an fight some monsters, loot some stuff, etc..)? Or a visual demo (one button press in Unity and your scene gets compiled an you can fly around in it...)?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've got more dedication to promoting this garbage than the creator of the game. You should be getting paid.
just reporting what I know and passing to the folks here. I could easily bail out of this thread as well with the info, but that's not what we do here.

People may disagree with what I'm saying, but I'm pretty confident it's true.