Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Some good atypical races that keep in the fantasy feeling, only the amphibians bug me.

Why is it always Amphibiansish/Fish-like races that are the zealots?

Is that some trace of Lovecrafts influence on people? It isn't even in fantasy, it's worse in Sci-Fi. Randomly pick a game set in space that has some form of water dwelling species and they'll be a pack of genocidal fanatics.

It's as fucking bad as insects or pacifist plants.

rrr_img_65686.gif
It's more about the feelings that 'water' evokes. Constant and reliable, but forceful, unrelenting and uncaring. Constantly changing, and yet perfectly static.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
and a description

Aradune_sl said:
Still amassing video for the demo. In the meantime, it's easy for me to grab screenshots and post them. So that's what I'm going to do.

Caveats:

1. There are 7 different builds I'm going to pull from. Different things were being focused on depending upon the build. Early on it was combat functionality, later on it was visuals. So you're going to see all sorts of stuff.

2. I'm going to post a lot. For one thing, there's a lot of stuff I can take a picture of. Secondly, it shows that these really came from a working build.

3. They aren't competitive for the most part with modern MMOs. The later builds look pretty good, I think, but undoubtedly people will have their comments, especially when they migrate out of this forum.

4. The builds ARE good enough to show investors. What was accomplished with so few people, mostly working part time, in a matter of months is impressive. If someone doesn't think it is, I'd like to see what they can come up. Maybe they should join the games industry ASAP

5. For perspective, at 4-6 months in we couldn't have done this with EQ or Vanguard. Not even close. We didn't even really have a display. We certainly wouldn't have posted anything. We would have kept everything internal until the game was 6-9 months from release, then release some cherry shots, start a media blitz, and get the hype engine turned up to 11. What we have, rather, is pre-pre-alpha that shows (I hope to most -- at least people familiar with game design) that we were getting a lot of work done given the time we had and the money brought in.

6. I am not an artist. Judging these pics on angle or position or anything like that will be a waste of time. These are not hand picked cherry shots; rather, they are a bunch of shots from each build to show our crowdfunders that we were working and producing and on the way to a real game.

7. These do not replace the fact that I'm trying to get a movie together as well.

It is my mission with this thread to show you as many screens as I can from the different builds and to show you what we built in the time we had and with the budget we had. I don't mean that as an excuse or apology though in anyway. Rather, I am darn proud of what we accomplished. I just also believe you have a right to see what was being worked on, especially those of you who participated in the crowdfunding.

Comments are fine but please keep them concise.

Questions are fine.

Arguments and debates are not -- I'm sure they'll pop up elsewhere and you can argue to your heart's content 'over there'.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My management skills are what allowed EQ to be created and launched. I've made mistakes, but I've shipped two MMOs and intend to ship another (Pantheon) if at all possible.
This guy never fails to deliver.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't know... maybe i'm just too far gone. Looks like a bad take on Diablo's interface. I get it, it's a prototype. I just don't care much for the direction. Honestly though, I can be very forgiving for appearances and all the aesthetics but I don't have a lot of confidence this game will even feel right. They said a lot during the Kickstarter that made me feel they are willing to travel down the WoW road. I'm not saying WoW didn't do a lot of things right and that there are not a lot of "standards" or expectations to MMO's today but if Brad is going to make a MMO, I personally feel it needs to be as much of EQ as possible. Why else would I even care if he made a MMO if it wasn't going to be very EQ? I can get every other type of MMO from dozens of other people. Brad is only relevant to me, if he is going to bring back 1999. People have said, we would hate 1999 again. They're probably right but, again, it is the only thing Brad brings to the table to me.

The only thing this prototype tells me is some hard working people did some work and now he has to parade it around until he finds a buyer. He lost his team which takes a little bit of soul out of the game for me. It is all very unfortunate but I wasn't expecting me any way.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If there is impressive demo content, why wasn't it produced during the KS campaign? Were you just biding your time until all crowd funding collapsed to wow everyone? Did you have nothing to show until mid February, and then pounded out something when people finally started holding your feet to the fire via pulling pledges? Wtf are you trying to convince everyone of here?

And stop being a huge pussy and referring to rerolled without mentioning us by name. You sound like a fucking bitch.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Shoulda had that on the KS /beats dead horse

I love this recurring theme:Web site members: please discuss athttps://www.pantheonrotf.com/.../851...w/post_id/8486and not here unless you absolutely have to say something (positive)

Well I guess I better go subscribe so I can comment...wait for it...

Arguments and debates are not -- I'm sure they'll pop up elsewhere and you can argue to your heart's content'over there'.

Hey! Is he talking about... rerolled?
rolleyes.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Also.... maybe this gives hope for some people. However, I think this was done in a different time and that time has a lot to do with MMO's.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What exactly are we supposed to be looking at there? That doesn't look like anything I would call "hard work". The stock Unity shit they released on the KS looks way better than that garbage.

Shoulda had that on the KS /beats dead horse
I love this recurring theme:Web site members: please discuss athttps://www.pantheonrotf.com/.../851...w/post_id/8486and not here unless you absolutely have to say something (positive)
Well I guess I better go subscribe so I can comment...wait for it...

Arguments and debates are not -- I'm sure they'll pop up elsewhere and you can argue to your heart's content'over there'.

Hey! Is he talking about... rerolled?
rolleyes.png
He didn't put that god awful garbage on the KS because he knows it's shit. It literally looks worse and far more dated than the stock Unity screen they put up during the KS.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how he ever accomplished anything with the incredibly thin skin he has. Of course, he did basically run from any responsibility in the last 2 games he attempted. Imagine how good this would have went if most of the money actually went into the work instead of his pocket? Same old Brad.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't see pics... But I won't knock it anyway. By all accounts the prototype needed more time. Keep that in mind.