Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

iannis

Musty Nester
He actually called up those guys and asked for the paychecks back? Is that a real thing? Did that actually happen?

It's not a new low or anything, it's just one of those things that would be funny if it were true. I mean that really can't be true. It just can't be.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got some more details for you fine people. Information is from an extremely credible mole in the system. At the time of the original money distribution there was 142,000 dollars. The money break down has been explained to me like this.

142k total-

72k paid to the 10 developers on the project
5k paid to Tom the webmaster
3k Paid to artist Dave

That leaves 62,000 dollars in Brad's account that to this day is unaccounted for.

Skip ahead to today, the website total is 151,514. Of that only a few hundred dollars were reported as being paid out to the current devs.

You guys do your own math and draw your own conclusions. This is worse than it originally seemed.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Got some more details for you fine people. Information is from an extremely credible mole in the system. At the time of the original money distribution there was 142,000 dollars. The money break down has been explained to me like this.

142k total-

72k paid to the 10 developers on the project
5k paid to Tom the webmaster
3k Paid to artist Dave

That leaves 62,000 dollars in Brad's account that to this day is unaccounted for.

Skip ahead to today, the website total is 151,514. Of that only a few hundred dollars were reported as being paid out to the current devs.

You guys do your own math and draw your own conclusions. This is worse than it originally seemed.
The documents that salim has on the debacle show its actually even worse than that. He'd said any person currently involved in the project can take a look at them and make their own decisions going on from there a while back. Whether he's still continuing to do so I dont know...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
The documents that salim has on the debacle show its actually even worse than that. He'd said any person currently involved in the project can take a look at them and make their own decisions going on from there a while back. Whether he's still continuing to do so I dont know...
I would not be so sure of that. We cross referenced said documents and are coming to the same conclusion. Unless you heard something more?

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I would not be so sure of that. We cross referenced said documents and are coming to the same conclusion. Unless you heard something more?
I may be misremembering but the 80k payroll tally is too high. The unaccounted for is closer to half the raised total at the time of the team exodus. But again I could be misremembering.

Originally it was 42k then stated up to 52k so even at the current considered 62k its interesting that it is going up in increments of 10k.

Also, some money collected wasn't via the donation route. Some gave money directly to Brad which wasn't accounted for except in with least one of those people getting said money back. Those don't show up on Salim's documentation.

Emotiv

Silver Squire
rrr_img_68502.jpg

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I may be misremembering but the 80k payroll tally is too high. The unaccounted for is closer to half the raised total at the time of the team exodus. But again I could be misremembering.

Originally it was 42k then stated up to 52k so even at the current considered 62k its interesting that it is going up in increments of 10k.
The payroll numbers are coming from the people who received the pay. They are rounded and might be off by a thousand here or there but the results are clear. The money trail doesn't lie and it looks pretty bad to me.

iannis

Musty Nester
come on, man. say what you want about this debacle, the one thing you can't say is that it was an intended fleecing. brad may be incompetent when it comes to actually running a company, but i do believe he wanted to make another MMO. there's a hell of a lot more money in making a successful game than there is to try and just steal a few thousand dollars.
We'll never know, and you can never prove it, but with how little work got put into that Kickstarter and the lack of absolutely anything related to the project after "months of pro-bono full on development" I don't see how it's anything else. He was just trying to cash in on the trend of early-access shovelware garbage. If you consider that an honest attempt made in good faith then sure, I guess. I consider it intentional scamming. It's not like he's the only one to have this idea. If you've looked at Steam lately it is just chock full of this crap. And all of them offer more than Brad offered.

It really is just the fact that he had nothing. And that's not hyperbole. He had a few pages long winded and meaningless concept text documents, probably self-plagiarized from older work. During the time the kickstarter was running they still produced nothing. None of this points to an intention of delivering any product at all, to me. At no point has he actually done anything except for ask for money.

Do you expect him to say, "This is a scam."? If he'd been producing something and it didn't work, that's incompetence. He didn't even meet that bar.

It's only a matter of time before this fully destructs and ends. They have these grand delusions of proving all of us wrong, so it's going to hurt over there. I still think Brad manages to get some random job offer and bails in the end. I bet he's been sending his resume out all over the place.
They're getting 2k per month. This could last a while.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't see how $2k/month is going to be able to keep Brad above water (assuming he actually got the full $2k) with the lifestyle he leads, and his wife is accustomed to.

Oh, and on the Unity license thing. You can download the full Unity program for free. You only have to pay the license fee when you go to put something on the market that used it. So I doubt anyone on the team paid the $1500 or so it costs. But he shouldn't even be worried about it yet.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck is up with the "like" display on their forum? That's got to be the most annoying board to read that I've yet come across.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Paying back money he "borrowed" from any source of crowdfunding is highly dubious, seems like a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. This thread seems legit for drama once again.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nirrtix replied to you so Im figuring it'll stay, unless canadina take issue with it which might happen as it seems canadina doesnt like nirrtix much.
Damn! I missed what nirrtix had to say. I'm sure it was pleasant

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Paying back money he "borrowed" from any source of crowdfunding is highly dubious, seems like a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. This thread seems legit for drama once again.
Only Brad McJesus could manage to come up with that idea.