Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got an email saying that my account was approved. I'm still IP banned and now they are emailing me about an account that doesn't exist lol. Can't tell if troll or stupidity.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I feel like I can speak for myself and some devs on this one... It's pretty sad to see the state at which Brad is in.. He's lost his fucking mind and anyone who truly knows the guy sees it. Being a Philly boy who has done enough dirt to atleast use this analogy.. Brad reminds me of that old head that hangs while the young punks use him for beer. He may have been the man back in the day but now he's just the runner. He just thinks he's the shit bc they need him for beer.
except for the fact that brad's still getting money from idiots. i dont know any "old head" who gets money for nothing basically! lol He scammed 45K very very recently. I think thats a bad analogy. People are still fucking donating too i bet. maybe not like they used too, but at least dinner money. lol

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
except for the fact that brad's still getting money from idiots. i dont know any "old head" who gets money for nothing basically! lol He scammed 45K very very recently. I think thats a bad analogy. People are still fucking donating too i bet. maybe not like they used too, but at least dinner money. lol
Yea I was drunk...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
honest to god, brad is my hero. he literally made a pretty decent year's salary for doing absolutely nothing. well done, sir. well done.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
honest to god, brad is my hero. he literally made a pretty decent year's salary for doing absolutely nothing. well done, sir. well done.
Yea but still 45k isnt all that really. Been watching American Greed Scams recently and man Brad is in the wrong line of business. He should try and pretend to be a financial adviser. With the faithful followers he has, he could probably afford the lifestyle he wants.

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
I offered Brad some Pro Bono marketing work for a limited period of time, I gave him references that includedTHE FUCKING GOVERNOR OF NEW MEXICOand showed him papers proving I raised $1.2M in an election cycle for candidates; so I'm not some srub when it comes to selling bullshit to people (if it's not my own bullshit).

But he hired on some woman PR rep to do the work because I demanded a Chair position as Chief-Media Officer; which of course big Brad wouldn't agree to that, because I'd literally tell his goblin like moderators on the board to curb their fanaticism...

Oh well.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just received 4 more emails saying that my account is approved lol. Anyone else getting spammed by them? That makes 6 emails this week.

blank_sl

shitlord
Would you idiots stop talking about royalties? No one in their right mind was paid a royalty for developing EQ, and in the .0001% chance that they were, the royalty would have ceased after they were 100% acquired.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Would you idiots stop talking about royalties? No one in their right mind was paid a royalty for developing EQ, and in the .0001% chance that they were, the royalty would have ceased after they were 100% acquired.
SOE pays out royalties as a bonus program to each developer on a project. So if you worked on a game or expansion you would get paid royalties off of it. Once you leave the project though, that cut goes back into the pool for people who still qualify for it. At least that is how it worked in the past. In any case, it's highly unlikely he's is getting any money from SOE.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
ZmFAXQ1.jpg

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Come on, this is THE Brad McQuaid we are talking about. I am sure he had a "Gaming God" clause in his contract that entitled him to royalties for life. I mean without Brad we would probably still all be playing Zork, I mean we really owe the guy.

blank_sl

shitlord
SOE pays out royalties as a bonus program to each developer on a project. So if you worked on a game or expansion you would get paid royalties off of it. Once you leave the project though, that cut goes back into the pool for people who still qualify for it. At least that is how it worked in the past. In any case, it's highly unlikely he's is getting any money from SOE.
Is this standard practice among AAA creators? Small dev shops too? Was this a thing of the past or is it still the working business model? If what you're saying is true, what is the reasoning? It's like a hybrid attempt of giving equity in a startup, but the value of startups grow, so you get smaller shares of a bigger pie - but with this model when you have a project that may cost 100 million with dev+marketing, so they give royalties to incentivize down the road? Is there a vesting schedule? Is there a threshold that box sales have to reach before you start earning your royalty? What would a royalty payout structure look like? 1% for the CEO, .01% for a junior developer? I can't believe this would be standard practice.

Also how would this be taxed, just like a yearly bonus? Do developers get yearly bonuses ontop of the royalty as well?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this standard practice among AAA creators? Small dev shops too? Was this a thing of the past or is it still the working business model? If what you're saying is true, what is the reasoning? It's like a hybrid attempt of giving equity in a startup, but the value of startups grow, so you get smaller shares of a bigger pie - but with this model when you have a project that may cost 100 million with dev+marketing, so they give royalties to incentivize down the road? Is there a vesting schedule? Is there a threshold that box sales have to reach before you start earning your royalty? What would a royalty payout structure look like? 1% for the CEO, .01% for a junior developer? I can't believe this would be standard practice.

Also how would this be taxed, just like a one time yearly bonus? Do developers get yearly bonuses ontop of the royalty as well?
I would think the standard practice for royalties in this case would be people making up shit and not knowing anything about what happened.