Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Isn't brad a pretty religious person as well? I remember hearing that he didn't want any angel or demon mobs in EQ

Found it:
I am a Christian so this probably goes back to me seeing 'Deities and Demigods' and kind of being bummed about that even though I still play [D&D]. It would have made me feel better if they had not used - or rather, had other creatures that weren't demons.
f13.net: I'm going to do a 180 here. Apologies. But you're a religious person. You've said that angels and demons not being in EQ while you were there isn't just because of your religious beliefs. What was the core reason?

Brad McQuaid: There are different symbols, beings, supernatural beliefs - belief systems that people have that are active today in this world. Gods, demons, angels, others. I guess, in a textbook, would be world religions. You can't avoid offending everyone. Let's take angels. Christians generally believe that angels are real. Many other people don't. That they're mythological beings. Most people don't believe that dragons are real. Or that a griffin is real. Putting a griffin in your game though, versus an angel - is much less a problem. What we decided to do was to avoid anything that's from a major religion. There's some fundamentalist Christian that won't let their kid play period. Dragons, dungeons, death. Whatever. There's also going to be more moderate Christians who are going to let them play EQ or DAoC because there aren't demons or angels or something. We're creative enough people, why not just use the plentiful fantasy out there and not elements of major religions. I also wanted to not use symbols, even from dead religions. While I definitely think it would be great to take themes from mythologies like East-Asian, Norse, Egyptian and things like that - let's avoid using an ankh or whatever. Let's come up with our own religion and our own symbol that means life. This is a different world. Maybe we don't have the time or creativity of Tolkien - who borrowed from mythologies. We're not going to make our own huge religion, but at least come up with our own pantheon of gods and symbols and whatnot. That was just one of the things I wanted to do early on - by simply avoiding offending people if we can. To an atheist sure, an angel is no different than a griffin. But Johnny's mom will let him play our game.
Bezüglich Vanguard, SOE Brad McQuaid - Part II

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This made me chuckle. Cana's on a warpath

fU2WVbM.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, man. Canadina is a voice of dissent now? That's really saying something.

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
i feel sorry for anybody who put serious money into this game, money misallocation allegations aside . being as diplomatic as possible, but all the screens I've seen are horrible. they are not on par with what would make a successful kickstarter reboot. as long as Sparkling and her family have this project scissor locked, this game has no hope of achieving much, if any of Brad's Vision

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Couple more things I learned today. Both Canadina and Monty left their position because they could no longer stand Sparkling. The consensus is that, as I put it a few months ago, she's bat shit crazy. Very controlling and quickly threw out ideas that had been with the project almost since the beginning. Sparkling and her crew are now in complete control over the project and even own and run all but one of their servers for testing. I only spent 2 weeks with sparkling, but I knew from the first time I spoke with her on teamspeak that she was in way over her head. There are legit mental issues going on in that dome and the poor volunteers who had hope for this... Well Brad done fucked ya again!

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
In top secret news, there seems to be a new associate producer for the project. This could turn it around for Pantheon!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how even Brad himself stands some of this crap? Surely he misses the days of some level of professionalism and sophistication... you know, walking around in offices with cubicles, selling hundreds of thousands of boxes, having teams work on expansions while other troubleshoot and patch. I don't know, this is a huge fall and it was months ago he was walking the halls of SoE as something with Everquest.... you know, the game he "founded and created". Why leave that for this disaster.... The bigger they are the harder the fall.

I honestly think, Brad just wasn't smart enough to ride a good thing. He could have shielded himself from people realizing his true self and just sat back and took a huge chunk of credit for Everquest and slept on a pile of money. Hindsight I guess...

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
New top secret info- One of the concept artist and lore designers is Sparkles 13 year old daughter. Official MMO team member at 13! Very impressive.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
New top secret info- One of the concept artist and lore designers is Sparkles 13 year old daughter. Official MMO team member at 13! Very impressive.
Now that terrible fish looking character sketch makes more sense. A kid literally drew it!

Ceder_sl

shitlord
Well I'd said a long while back that everyone from the family was going to be used as the youngest was the only one not officially named to work on it. Knowing that she's now on it just reaffirms how woo woo and shyster oriented this whole thing is.

Oh, man. Canadina is a voice of dissent now? That's really saying something.
I just noticed too that Canad has jumped up in their forum's "thanked" rankings to number 1 beating out lil brad by over 200 thanks. (She's also number 1 for posts there lol).

It's sad too when you see Vhalen still in the top 3 after having jumped from this sinking dingy months ago.

Sparkling, aptly, hasn't even made the list. Though Im sure if there was a rerolled metric being used she'd be in double digit negatives by now. Let's see if her cult family starts heaping thanks onto Sparkling(or they just "modify" it) and she jumps into the list or even #1.

Is it true that they're not including factions in Pantheon?
Thought there were going to be 2: the baptized and the heathens. :p