Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
And if Kari Byron suddenly shows up on my doorstep nude and demands that I become a vegetarian, I'll do it.

My scenario is quite a bit more likely.
Ya gotta believe, man.

rrr_img_78358.jpg

Edit: Can someone please shoop Brad's face on Terry Fox for me? If his shirt said 'Bradtheon', it wouldn't hurt.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
More power to you, keep plugging away. If you want to shut people up, show good progress and avoid fuzzy troll art. I say that as sort of a joke, but when you let every person who wants in through the door, shit like fuzzy troll is going to slip. And to reiterate, SPARKLING IS A DISASTER THAT WILL CONTINUE TO BE A DETRIMENT TO YOUR GAME. Caps for emphasis.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
And if Kari Byron suddenly shows up on my doorstep nude and demands that I become a vegetarian, I'll do it.

My scenario is quite a bit more likely.
Dude, Kari Byron? Really? That's the first name that came into your head for a hot chick showing up at your door? I am disappointed.

Tiv_sl

shitlord
If the skeptics would just give us a chance, we can do it.
'Skeptics' should have no influence on your ability to accomplish anything.

Gogo is spot on and has posted a lot of valid questions and points. A lot of us were strong backers but subsequently duped. If you read the early Pantheon threads, you'll see lots of enthusiasm and assistance. We're not helping now, but take a step back and be objective, maybe you'll see why.

I don't know you so I won't make assumptions, but what I can see is it's clear you're missing the big picture. I mean no disrespect, I'm just going by your posts. You seem to be extremely emotional and against using logic to see the situation as it really is.

The simplest way I can put it - you're rallying around the wrong leader. He's made that abundantly clear, from Sigil+VG to this especially insane series of debacles with Pantheon.

I won't drag out the big list of ethical, management, financial 'waste', and recruitment concerns. Do a little reading with your eyes open and you'll see for yourself.

If you really want an interesting conversation, you should try your 'ama' during normal hours. I'm sure you'll get that experience you seem to be looking for in your apparent drunken state.

I loved EQ1, it was one of my top 3 gaming experiences. But, as has been pointed out already, your team lacks in leadership, direction and talent, on top of the myriad of other concerns mentioned above.

And fwiw, I've never neg'd anyone.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Melvin, it sounds to me like you know exactly what the old school experience is, which is what we are trying to recapture. Where is the support? I mean I know its fun to poke fun at people and shit but damn we are trying to accomplish just what you are saying you miss.
Dude, I promise you that the things I liked about EQ don't have anything to do with "old school experience", and if anyone ever manages to squeeze out a turd that I personally would consider an "old school experience" then nobody in their right mind will play it. Will you please throw that utterly worn out phrase away already? Those words don't mean a goddamn thing any more. Your feeble attempts at stirring up nostalgia with trite cliches won't convince anyone that you have actual ideas about actual gameplay around here.

P.S. I didn't even say what I miss. And I won't either. So don't try to troll me into helping you brainstorm for the ideas you can't come up with yourself. Lazy bastard.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm not even talking about money, I'm just talking moral support. I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity to have someone standing next to you yelling in your ear that you suck and are going to fail, but I assure you, it doesn't help whatsoever.
I'm pretty far on the side of leaving people the hell alone and get pretty disgusted with pulling people's personal info with locations or death threats. There's history here though and while I still think there's a very clear line that shouldn't be crossed with actual people, this product that's been in constant turmoil, has all sorts of shady shit going on with it (money continues to be a fun topic) and has an evangelical leader that continues to force her beliefs on the team and the game.

But lack of experience or questioning how this game is going to get made, beyond just wishing it were true? These are legit questions you guys will have to prove wrong.

As far as general gaming news coverage, Brad will invoke anger and rage with every article at Massively or MMORPG.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I just realized that sasquatch is spelled incorrectly in the thread title. What the fuck is going on around here?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Is it that hard to throw your support our way rather than insults? How are we retards for trying to build the game that you all want?
My man... have you seen how your team behaves? It's retarded.

You have a fucking LEAD DEVELOPER signing off forum posts with 'God Bless You' on community content, and posting hateful garbage on social media. Then Brad who seems very adept at destroying whatever he touches. Canadina and this Nirrtix seem wildly unstable, yet were focal points in the community.

Do you honestly believe you will EVER get ANY funding for this game? Pantheon might as well be being made by the fucking Adams family. Far more likeable, and far less strange. There is no 'getting this to an alpha state and then hitting crowdsourcing again' for the rest of the development costs. NOBODY is going to touch this project with a 10 foot pole. You are going to have to grind this out until the day it hits Steam... and even then it's gonna have to be SPECTACULAR to get favourable reviews at this point.

Tiv_sl

shitlord
And yet more good points by Quaid.

Can you really not see that your team is the equivalent of a really bad family/casual guild?

I'm not even talking about the ones that managed to zerg Naggy during Velious-era with the outside help of epic geared 60's. I'm talking about the ones that would team up with 1-2 other guilds just to try getting to the bottom of the Hole.
tongue.png

And off you go.. further proving all the points that were made by the few that were here for your "AMA".