Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
What I want to know is, what elicited that response from Brad? Just skimming over it, it sounds like he's responding to general criticisms. Did he post that response on the Pantheon forums in regards to critical posts elsewhere? That alone makes me scratch my head a little bit.

As to what he posted...part of it seems little more than EQ1 era design with a few tweaks. Which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's like announcing that you designed a new computer but all you did was some casemods and swapped some components around. The underwater content can suck a dick...fuck, an entire barrel of dicks. Why they would even waste time on underwater content is beyond me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What I want to know is, what elicited that response from Brad? Just skimming over it, it sounds like he's responding to general criticisms. Did he post that response on the Pantheon forums in regards to critical posts elsewhere? That alone makes me scratch my head a little bit.

As to what he posted...part of it seems little more than EQ1 era design with a few tweaks. Which in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's like announcing that you designed a new computer but all you did was some casemods and swapped some components around. The underwater content can suck a dick...fuck, an entire barrel of dicks. Why they would even waste time on underwater content is beyond me.
Because every game has at least one water zone and one lava zone. Both suck usually, but it doesnt stop them from doing it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I beg your pardon. Water zones are awesome.

3b48ipF.jpg

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Super Mario 64 had amazing underwater levels. That fucking giant eel is terrifying and that music? So good.

These guys need to focus on making normal content before even mentioning underwater design. I can't even imagine the levels of fucked it'd be.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
shouldn't be able to fight underwater in anything more than shorts and a spear. fight on boats, shorelines, or wet caves/swamps.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
some razortooth piranha will try to eat my junk. that's not happening. i think oglaf had a comic on that. /shudder

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
part of it seems little more than EQ1 era design with a few tweaks.
I think that's the whole point. I don't think there's going to be one ounce of originality here. When we saw the looting of the phat lewt, meaning that mob where pre-generated with their loot - that's straight EQ1.

The whole point of Pantheon is redoing EQ1 with a different lore and setting and races. Because selling it on nostalgia's sake is the only path open to him. Wasn't that the whole selling point of the Kickstarter? He hasn't got a talented team, so an innovative design is far too risky. Better stick to known recipes.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think that's the whole point. I don't think there's going to be one ounce of originality here. When we saw the looting of the phat lewt, meaning that mob where pre-generated with their loot - that's straight EQ1.

The whole point of Pantheon is redoing EQ1 with a different lore and setting and races. Because selling it on nostalgia's sake is the only path open to him. Wasn't that the whole selling point of the Kickstarter? He hasn't got a talented team, so an innovative design is far too risky. Better stick to known recipes.
I know, it just irks me every time I see Brad play the role of the shuckster. Not to mention the larger issue of MMO design within the industry as a whole.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Considering the fact that you were the most useless person to have ever been on the team, you really shouldn't talk.
Or maybe its because Frenzic isn't fucking retarded? Anyone who invests more then 8 seconds in the so called "development" of this game needs serious counseling. Best case scenario, by some fucking MIRACLE Brad actually does find real funding for the game (I'm talking million of dollars, because that is just what it takes), all you idiot volunteers get shown the door and your contributions are most likely all axed for legal reasons. That is the best you can hope for. If you think what you are making now will ever see the light of day your most likely mentally unstable.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Frankly it was too easy. With your (ridiculous) previous support for the game, you shouldn't be bashing others too hard for doing the same.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny, I don't see you all over Frenzic in the same way. Seems more like you're just picking on Merlin because he's an easy target.

Basically, I'm saying you're Duppin.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Frankly it was too easy. With your (ridiculous) previous support for the game, you shouldn't be bashing others too hard for doing the same.
You are so right, because I was the only person defending the game prior to the kickstarter, so I deserve everything you throw my way. I hereby apologize to you for my ignorance.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Funny, I don't see you all over Frenzic in the same way. Seems more like you're just picking on Merlin because he's an easy target.

I'm the first to admit that donating 375 dollars was a mistake. I was hopeful and really liked what I saw and heard from VU at the time. Turned out poorly, but it's whatever. I hope my money bought him some good pills.

Oldbased

> Than U
Back in the day only about 150 Hydro from Canada.
Not sure since that all went away where and how much it would get now.
Probably not near as much.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Does Frenzic receive several forms of government assistance, talk mad shit about people who accept such assistance, and then offer up $1k to a computer game while on such assistance, and THEN on top of all that, talk mad shit about people who support the product? If Frenzic does all that - Frenzic you're a douche. But I don't think he does.

In sum, fuck off.