Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Plenty of lulz in the comments to that massively article like, "If only there was a Unity MMO Design Category in the Special Olympics, I think we might be seeing some silver medals here."

No idea why but I lost my shit at that one.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did you not get the memo? Brad personally took precious time out if his hectic coding schedule to name that skeleton as an homage to PROTF's #1 fansite. You should feel honored to be a part of this monumental occasion, even just as a mere bystander.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For whatever reason seeing that shiteating gnome knowing big salty is behind the keyboard makes me lose it

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Did you not get the memo? Brad personally took precious time out if his hectic coding schedule to name that skeleton as an homage to PROTF's #1 fansite. You should feel honored to be a part of this monumental occasion, even just as a mere bystander.
Damn it's been awhile since I thought about this shit. Which one of you donated for a named NPC, or does ReRolled get the same benefits as the $500+ pledge backers for free just by being awesome?

Also, I missed Nirtixx, wtf...

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh pantheon, I should hate you with a black rage... but I just can't stay mad at you.

It's way too much fun to watch people shit on you.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The unity asset store accepts ebt
If that's the case, we may see some new "placeholder" npc models like....

rrr_img_81915.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
every time i think of Brad i think of that Simpsons episode where Mr Burns and Abe were the last 2 survivors of the Flying Hellfish treasure. Brad is Grandpa Simpson
Burns: Oh, Simpson, can't you go five seconds without humiliating
yourself?
[Abe's pants go down with a "boing"]
Abe: How long was that?
-- About three seconds,
brad feeling spiritual tonight, quoting Tolkien on God.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
1 hr ? Edited ?

I've posted this before, but not in a while. Anyways, it's what drives me -- to sub-create, to myth-make, and living at the time I do, I think MMOs are the most suitable medium (at least for me (Brad)):

"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Indeed only by myth-making, only by becoming 'sub-creator' and inventing stories, can Man aspire to the state of perfection that he knew before the Fall. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."

? J.R.R. Tolkien

Im playing Pantheon if Brad keeps it as basic as it looks.

If he produces EQ version 2.0 with new zones, characters, npcs, quests etc... but conceptually the same game?

It's funny b/c his shit is so low budget, it's actually making me think he'll have to produce that beautifully simple game model... EQ

I'm definitely playing

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Brad update:

"Another great night - got 20 new mobs added to the db and encounter definitions. Populated the caves under the Weeping Isles, mostly with the new mobs. Added an NPC Behavior field to Encounter Definitions that will tell an NPC to stay stationary, wander about, patrol a point, or <secret for now>. You can also now clear both your offensive and defensive target by hitting ESC. You can also click on the upper left UI element to defensively target yourself -- makes it nice and quick. When we add grouping, they people in your group will stack vertically under that, and you'll be able to defensively target them by clicking on them as well (very much like Vanguard)."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Im playing Pantheon if Brad keeps it as basic as it looks.

If he produces EQ version 2.0 with new zones, characters, npcs, quests etc... but conceptually the same game?

It's funny b/c his shit is so low budget, it's actually making me think he'll have to produce that beautifully simple game model... EQ

I'm definitely playing
Except nobody else who worked on EQ is on this project.