Pappy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Fernet and Campari. We call it a Ferrari. It is... much better than it has any business being.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
im debating between a blantons and elijah craig i think? kind of overwhelmed now. i know he already has a buncha good japanese whiskeys so not gonan go there. it seems like from going thru most poeples mosts that blantons is comin up a lot. need to buy today as finally seeing 'em

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fernet and Campari. We call it a Ferrari. It is... much better than it has any business being.
This combination sounds like what we used to drink in college, jagermeister and goldschlager, aka starry nights. Google tells me you are supposed to put red bull in it too but that sounds disgusting.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im debating between a blantons and elijah craig i think? kind of overwhelmed now. i know he already has a buncha good japanese whiskeys so not gonan go there. it seems like from going thru most poeples mosts that blantons is comin up a lot. need to buy today as finally seeing 'em

Blanton's is really good, but you will not find it on any shelf. It's too popular. Elijah Craig is not in the same realm of quality. Yes, its overwhelming, sorry man. Pick a price point you are comfortable with and go to a quality liquor store and find something in that price range and ask for a little advice. You're unlikely to go wrong from a quality brand $60+

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
No, but I will have to check that out. Was on a black manhattan kick for awhile with standard Amaro.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Four roses small batch select is another nice bottle in the $60 range that is widely available.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
*edit
[NSFW image]
Maybe I got lucky but managed to find one in a store here. Thanks foh!
Nope. Post it in the SS area, not here - Amod

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Man, I really do like Campari as an aperitif drink, I read that they no longer use the cochineal for the red coloring! Oh well, I still enjoy my bitter as hell Campari after a nice family feast, to socialize with. Campari is a bitter beast!

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had a bottle of campari in the cabinet for quite a while. now that i picked up a bottle of fernet, both are going empty at an alarming rate. you very accurately described this, much better than it's parts.

Any other recommendations like this? I've been trying to expand my pallet beyond neat whiskey, but keep going back to it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is the ratio? I think I have some of both. Do you drink it neat or on the rocks?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I've had a bottle of campari in the cabinet for quite a while. now that i picked up a bottle of fernet, both are going empty at an alarming rate. you very accurately described this, much better than it's parts.

Any other recommendations like this? I've been trying to expand my pallet beyond neat whiskey, but keep going back to it.

image_1740.jpg

Dude, this is the shit if you want an aperitif. It's unbelievably tasty. Botanical, medicinal, magical. Drink it on the rocks, with a slice of orange. Or you can make the legendary paper plane cocktail with it.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
What is the ratio? I think I have some of both. Do you drink it neat or on the rocks?
Its a shot, and I think just 50/50. I dunno if it would be enjoyable for me to sip. Its far more enjoyable a few seconds to a minute after the shot. Initially its a bit .... unpleasant. The evolution is what keeps drawing me back to it.

I've been experimenting and I think I favor a bit more fernet than compari, but anything more than 60/40 feels like a different drink

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely can't stand fernet, but for some reason it's hugely popular among bartenders. Every-time I'm with some of my drink slinging friends, shots of fernet go around the joint. I don't understand the appeal. Compari on the other hand is fantastic!

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
View attachment 347670

Dude, this is the shit if you want an aperitif. It's unbelievably tasty. Botanical, medicinal, magical. Drink it on the rocks, with a slice of orange. Or you can make the legendary paper plane cocktail with it.

wow, way sweeter than i expected. it's like cointreau and cinnamon.

i tried a paper plane(buffalo trace), almost too sweet for me. I tried a reanimator (this stuff and rye(michters)), enjoyed it much more.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
This is what you need, then you can be a cool kid. IMHO Hennessy isn't even that great of a Cognac, some regular brandies are better than Hennessy IMHO. But if you have never had Hypnotiq(spelling) and Hennessy then you just a simp, so much better than all these scotches and whiskeys that have been listed. :p I hate trolling sometimes.

Incredible Hulk drink.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is what you need, then you can be a cool kid. IMHO Hennessy isn't even that great of a Cognac, some regular brandies are better than Hennessy IMHO. But if you have never had Hypnotiq(spelling) and Hennessy then you just a simp, so much better than all these scotches and whiskeys that have been listed. :p I hate trolling sometimes.

View attachment 348555
the incredible hulk shot?