Parent Thread

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I wouldn't have chosen to do it this way, but I've definitely embraced it.

My wife gets discharged today so she is probably going to be a mess not being able to walk over to the NICU whenever she wants. All 3 of them are doing great really, the only problem we've had is one of the boys has Bradys but they don't last long and he recovers by himself. The other two have had their IVs our since yesterday and are getting everything through their stomach, and the one with the Bradys is getting his out today. It looks like they have all leveled out on their weight and should start gaining.
If you have any questions on what they are telling you feel free to PM me. My wife is a NICU Nurse Practitioner and I will read your questions to her.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
When the family was trick or treating this weekend we went out with our kids. One was 2.5 years old and doing her thing, the other was my 9 months old son in a stroller by mother was pushing. My wife just had to walk around with a pumpkin bag and trick or treat "for our son" with our daughter. She had to explain that she was getting candy for our son each house.

I had to make fun of her though and said she should just drop the pretense and just trick or treat for herself.

This probably belongs in the rustled jimmies thread.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had like 150+ kids last year, and for a lot of the night it was such a stream of kids we had to leave our door open. This year we got like 20.. and some weren't even dressed up, bogus. Oh well, more candy for me.

Kid slept through the night last night finally, definitely cherished that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
We had like 150+ kids last year, and for a lot of the night it was such a stream of kids we had to leave our door open. This year we got like 20.. and some weren't even dressed up, bogus. Oh well, more candy for me.

Kid slept through the night last night finally, definitely cherished that.
We had a lot of kids too. It was after 9pm and we got our last group which was a bunch of high schoolers coming around without costumes or bags for candy. Fucking lazy sacks of shit. I had to ridicule them.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My 6th grader still got dressed up this year and walked my 2 year old up and down the sidewalks to the houses. It was really cute and a great moment since he is really entering that shithead age. Sometimes kids surprise you.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
We had a lot of kids too. It was after 9pm and we got our last group which was a bunch of high schoolers coming around without costumes or bags for candy. Fucking lazy sacks of shit. I had to ridicule them.
95% chance your house is getting egged or TP'd within the next week

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been snacking on my kids' Halloween candy all day while they're at school/daycare.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
When the family was trick or treating this weekend we went out with our kids. One was 2.5 years old and doing her thing, the other was my 9 months old son in a stroller by mother was pushing. My wife just had to walk around with a pumpkin bag and trick or treat "for our son" with our daughter. She had to explain that she was getting candy for our son each house.

I had to make fun of her though and said she should just drop the pretense and just trick or treat for herself.

This probably belongs in the rustled jimmies thread.
We had a lot of groups with a parent who I just assumed was getting candy for their kids. I happily gave it to them but the inner shitlord in me thinks that if a kid can't get the candy themselves they don't deserve it. As in, is your 9 month old kid going to be eating reeses cups for the next month?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've been snacking on my kids' Halloween candy all day while they're at school/daycare.
You miserable shitlord. I only had one full sized chocolate bar from each of my children's stash.

wink.png

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Baptised the kid yesterday. Mostly to shut the grandparents up. Tired of hearing he's going straight to hell. Fucking 80+ year olds lol.
Had a nice big piece of cake at the reception and son of a bitch I had diarrhea all night and until a out 3pm today. I guess I was being made to pay for the few shits and f-bombs I dropped during the service. Haha

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We didn't baptize or anything and certainly not doing it for the elderly in the family. My mother gave me a hard time about it but she hasn't been to church in like 20 years.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife's grandmother did the same shit to us, I refuse to bow to their pressure. If my kids want to take part in arcane rituals when they grow up, they can, until then we're not doing it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, doing it for others is a bad idea. Don't deny your kid any opportunity, though. Man. This shit's easy to navigate, isn't it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The way I look at it is my parents never forced it on us and allowed us to figure out on our own what we believed it (and now we're all agnostic, go fucking figure right?), and I was grateful for that. So when it comes to my kids I'm doing the same

Sometimes in grade school when I heard other kids talking about Bible study I did at times feel left out, but looking back now it's OK. Only rough time was philosophy in college where I hadn't read the Bible yet everyone else had. But that's on me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My 6 year old asked me a few weeks ago if god was real. I just told her I don't know. She then proceeded to tell me that Myra from her class told her that if you say fuck it is saying you want to kill god and that's how George Washington died because he said fuck and god killed him. I told her yes, that is absolutely true.