Parent Thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There it is, haha. We waited as long as I felt was reasonable (35 & 32 respectively), and even then we had to go through a pretty rough miscarriage before it finally took. I'm really selfish with my time, and know that there will be a ton of bumps in the road in the future but the timing finally felt right.

How old are you guys if you don't mind me asking? Have you done the big ultrasound yet?

Ryanz

<Banned>
Why the hell didn't anyone warn me about week 6 of having a newborn? :emoji_cold_sweat:

Aside from the stresses of this week earlier this week he started attempting to talk. He got really excited, started wiggling, acted like he was about to yawn and then let out this long "ohhhhhwwwwuuu". Was probably one of the cutest things I've seen, even caught it on video. :emoji_grinning:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
What do you do when your kid is an asshole?

We had a royal asshole of a child for awhile. She didn't start to change until we started mocking her by repeating what she said in the same tone at the same time she was saying it. It helped us by turning it into something funny, and it helped her by learning what it sounds like to act that way. She gets it now, thank fucking god. What do you do when you think about murdering your child in her stupid wrong face? That should have been the question.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There it is, haha. We waited as long as I felt was reasonable (35 & 32 respectively), and even then we had to go through a pretty rough miscarriage before it finally took. I'm really selfish with my time, and know that there will be a ton of bumps in the road in the future but the timing finally felt right.

How old are you guys if you don't mind me asking? Have you done the big ultrasound yet?
We're both 32.
We just did the big ultrasound last week. That's why I'm feeling like I have to start coming to terms with it now.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why the hell didn't anyone warn me about week 6 of having a newborn? :emoji_cold_sweat:

Aside from the stresses of this week earlier this week he started attempting to talk. He got really excited, started wiggling, acted like he was about to yawn and then let out this long "ohhhhhwwwwuuu". Was probably one of the cutest things I've seen, even caught it on video. :emoji_grinning:
Because you can't really tell the difference between weeks 3 through 8? :D

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

We were 33 when our son was born, 37 for the daughter. I think we waited the max amount of time. I'll be 39 next year and there is no way I'd want a kid at this age. I'm starting to feel 'old'

There is no way I'd have another but my neighbors have a 3 year old and they're 47/50......

• 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
34 & 37. Go go older parents.

The baby enjoys trying to talk to me almost on a daily basis now. He has his go to "Awwwuuu" noise he can make, with a few others that sneak out every so often. Mother is a bit jealous because he doesn't talk to her like that unfortunately.

Last edited:

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My toddler flat out says he doesn't like mommy. When I was reading Thanksgiving books to him he would say I'm not thankful for mommy. He's kind of a dick that way

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Angry parent post.
fucking kids
We now have four vehicles. Old truck I drive. 1996 volvo the twins drive. 2006 volvo suv my wife drives. Hyundai Sonata, fair game. One twin dinged the Sonata backing out of the garage. Sigh. Not a big deal. Fix garage and car is okay enough. Second twin just dinged 96 volvo. Drove into a pole. Not a big deal, but sigh.
Today, got a panicked call, "The steering wheel is taking over!!!!11!11!" It was the auto traction control.

Young drivers. I understand they don't have the experience to know all these things. It tries my patience. I need to be a better dad, because I find it easy to fly off the handle at such things.

SeanDoe1z1

Third and last kid coming next week. Excited like a schoolgirl because I missed other baby phases due to deployments. Had last kid in England and I really prefer their system (for privately insured individuals, not NHS). Was awesome.

We were gonna stop at 2 then I realized we gotta at least +1 America.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Angry parent post.
fucking kids
We now have four vehicles. Old truck I drive. 1996 volvo the twins drive. 2006 volvo suv my wife drives. Hyundai Sonata, fair game. One twin dinged the Sonata backing out of the garage. Sigh. Not a big deal. Fix garage and car is okay enough. Second twin just dinged 96 volvo. Drove into a pole. Not a big deal, but sigh.
Today, got a panicked call, "The steering wheel is taking over!!!!11!11!" It was the auto traction control.

Young drivers. I understand they don't have the experience to know all these things. It tries my patience. I need to be a better dad, because I find it easy to fly off the handle at such things.
Or you can pick them up where driving lessons dropped them off and take over from there. Some backcountry dirt roads for things like the ATC, empty parking lot full of snow to learn how the car handles winter conditions, that kind of stuff.

Had to teach myself too but I hope one day I can show my girls how it's done.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
34 & 37. Go go older parents.

The baby enjoys trying to talk to me almost on a daily basis now. He has his go to "Awwwuuu" noise he can make, with a few others that sneak out every so often. Mother is a bit jealous because he doesn't talk to her like that unfortunately.
I was 2 weeks shy of 39 for our first, the wife was 36.
For the 2nd, I was 2 months shy of 42, wife was 39.

I think we're too old for this shit, at least once per day. But then when you're older you don't take things for granted as much and I like to think that we're more appreciative of our two lovely girls.

And the next second I want to rip their heads off and shit down their necks because they can be so infuriating.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was a little younger than you guys. When my daughter was born, I was 30. My son was born almost 2 weeks after my 36th birthday. My wife was born in January of 84. She turned 28 the day after my daughter was born. We didn't plan this shit. It just happened (on both cases). Really strange how close our birthdays are.

Wife, January 9th, '84.
Daughter, January 8th, '12.
Me, August 22nd, '81.
Son, September 3rd, '17.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
We planned to have our current newborns birthday around Halloween. He ended up being born 2 days after my birthday (which is the 24th), so we figure we will have a large week long celebration for my birthday, my sons, and for Halloween.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We didn't plan anything but the little bastards both came two weeks early. First via induction and second via plooping out

• 1Worf