Parent Thread

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I can easily see putting a dog down for injuring a child, it really depends on the situation though, the extent of the injury, the intention of the dog, the circumstances around it, etc. I could also easily just see teaching the child how to behave around animals.

There's your logical way to look at this argument.

You should find your dog a new home if you worry about it harming your kids in a significant way.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Will somebody please think of the children?

I mean, if your dog seriously bites your kid (not a playtime scratch but an attack), would you keep the dog around, knowing that your kid may well be terrified shitless when the dog is around?

Second, I've said this on each iteration of this board I think, if an animal or person hurts my family, their ass is grass.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Will somebody please think of the children?

I mean, if your dog seriously bites your kid (not a playtime scratch but an attack), would you keep the dog around, knowing that your kid may well be terrified shitless when the dog is around?

Second, I've said this on each iteration of this board I think, if an animal or person hurts my family, their ass is grass.

We will save another 20 pages of neck snapping savagery and just say yes. We all agree that if the dog is seriously attacking kids (or anyone) it has to go. The disagreement came in over the vague definition of "breaking skin." I proposed that if "breaking skin" is all it takes, then maybe you could just skip getting a dog altogether. Retardation and faggotry ensued.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
We will save another 20 pages of neck snapping savagery and just say yes. We all agree that if the dog is seriously attacking kids (or anyone) it has to go. The disagreement came in over the vague definition of "breaking skin." I proposed that if "breaking skin" is all it takes, then maybe you could just skip getting a dog altogether. Retardation and faggotry ensued.
By you and other. Guy brings up that a dog bit his son's face and had to get stiches, lets son go back near the dog.

Dumb fucking faggot

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
By you and other. Guy brings up that a dog bit his son's face and had to get stiches, lets son go back near the dog.

Dumb fucking faggot

You didn't even reply to that guy, and I don't think it was his son that got bit... It was definitely his duty though to snap the neck.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You didn't even reply to that guy, and I don't think it was his son that got bit... It was definitely his duty though to snap the neck.
One of my kids was at a friends house when he was 4. He took a flying leap, and landed on a sleeping dog. The dog bit the shit out of his face. Had to get stitches, it was ugly.
The next day, my son went back to the same place and played with the dog.

The dog was totally not at fault, he was reacting like a dog in that situation. My son learned a valuable lesson, and has way more respect for animals now, though not fear. Just more healthy respect.

This will pass, man.

If it's a constant issue then yeah I'd get rid of the pet. But it really pisses me off when people get rid of their animals because of one or two little incidents. Actually I think what really pisses me off is that people can't seem to commit to owning pets and have no problem dumping them the first time they're an inconvenience because they didn't hold up their end of the responsibility and properly socialize them.

It was his kid and this was your reply after someone said they don't know how they keep a pet after that. I replied to you, who would clearly endanger a child for the sake of "being a responsible pet owner"

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Keeping pets and little kids is hard. Little kids don't know when to stop pestering the dog, sometimes the dog can get jealous over the lack of attention.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
It was his kid and this was your reply after someone said they don't know how they keep a pet after that. I replied to you, who would clearly endanger a child for the sake of "being a responsible pet owner"

My comment wasn't in response to anyone in particular (I quoted Cad though) just a comment. I don't even think I mentioned biting in my original response.

Maybe it was his kid, I read it as the son's friend got bit and his son played with the dog the next day. Doesn't really matter, neck should have been snapped either way.

Last edited:

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I read most of it but must have missed the part where people are worried about the kid living in constant fear, necks being snapped or not.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My comment wasn't in response to anyone in particular (I quoted Cad though) just a comment. I don't even think I mentioned biting in my original response.

Maybe it was his kid, I read it as the son's friend got bit and his son played with the dog the next day. Doesn't really matter, neck should have been snapped either way.

I mean, if a dog viciously attacks ANYONE, it needs to be put down..

But a dog doing dog things does not immediately mean "KILL DA DOG"...

I guess I'm a bit sensitive about this. As a kid, I was playing tug of war with my dog. The dog accidentally got my hand instead of the toy and "broke skin"..My parents had that dog put down because they said it was vicious. That dog was my best friend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm a bit sensitive about this. As a kid, I was playing tug of war with my dog. The dog accidentally got my hand instead of the toy and "broke skin"..My parents had that dog put down because they said it was vicious. That dog was my best friend.

They like to get as close as possible to the handle. They don't do it out of malice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Two things

6 month old tot a low grade fever. Very cranky all night, kept waking up. 2.5 year old is having night terrors. Spent until 4am with them waking each other up nonstop. Fucking sucked. 6 month old woke up at 6. Now the older one has diarrhea... Fuck

Brother in law's girlfriend brought her pitbull to my in laws house. It attacked my other brother in law and now is being put down. It actually attacked him though and he's lucky it didn't kill him. Also if my kids were there I would've killed the dog myself. This happened just today

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Two things

6 month old tot a low grade fever. Very cranky all night, kept waking up. 2.5 year old is having night terrors. Spent until 4am with them waking each other up nonstop. Fucking sucked. 6 month old woke up at 6. Now the older one has diarrhea... Fuck

Brother in law's girlfriend brought her pitbull to my in laws house. It attacked my other brother in law and now is being put down. It actually attacked him though and he's lucky it didn't kill him. Also if my kids were there I would've killed the dog myself. This happened just today

Yeah, after killing the dog, I would likely have killed the brother in law. What the fuck was he thinking bringing that animal to that situation? He'll say it's a sweet dog unless provoked, but he knows better.

SeanDoe1z1

Probably a man thing, but I have an irrational hatred for people that cannot control their dogs and personify them. Major disservice to the animal.

Sister in law was aghast I asked her to cage or garage her energetic small dog when we were at a family holiday party with our newborn (brought dog up with her for a cpl days). Was causing problems immediately. The alternative is I discipline the dog myself when trying to get to the baby, I really didn't get it, like it was something up for debate. This coming from a dog guy too, fucking own ferrets now though. Pretty sure I was pretty high when I said okay to that.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, after killing the dog, I would likely have killed the brother in law. What the fuck was he thinking bringing that animal to that situation? He'll say it's a sweet dog unless provoked, but he knows better.
It's a weird situation

He's 34 and dating this 45 year old woman from the trashiest city in the state - it's low income and filled with high crime. Now if she was banging I could understand, but she is a grandmother and looks like a linebacker with tiny chicken legs. It's so fucked up. And of course she has a pitbull. It's like the calling card of white trash. She's actually homeless now because her dog got her kicked out and not many places rent to pit owners around here. It's so fuckin weird man. But that's for another thread

• 1Picard