Parent Thread

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's not bad...

Neither would be a Thunderdome style competition. Can't they just create a LoL team so you can watch their stream and have all five of them covered at once?

I'm amazed anyone could raise five kids in this day and age and they still are more than just smombies glued to their phones btw.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Well, son commited to play football at the same college where my daughter is currently a junior, so I can make one trip to visit them and say bye to my money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday was Autism awareness day. For those of you struggling raising an autistic child. Here is a bro fist, just keep on going bros.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
No love for the poor autistic souls trying to raise normies?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Son's 4th birthday in a couple weeks. Turning into quite the charming little man. I hope he stays this cool forever, but I know in about 10 years he'll be a douche.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We just spent 5 days as a family at a cottage. We won't have a lot more of these opportunities, as my oldest are 18, so we took it. It was really a great time. I think my oldest two are realizing they are leaving in the fall, and they are going to miss their family. Everyone seemed to be on their best behaviour - not like it was being enforced, or it was forced behaviour, we all just had a really good time together. Lots of games, miles of walking, veeeery long meals that we prepared together. It was fanfuckingtastic.

So, for everyone who struggles with little kids right now, I can tell you that when they get older, there are really, really wonderful family times ahead. Not to say there aren't great family times when they are little, but having an hour long discussion about a relevant topic in which all your kids participate while you eat food together that everyone prepared? Plus, there's no fights about bed times, because everyone gets tired and goes when they want to/should? And having your kids ask to go for another walk on the beach or through the woods where you sing songs and laugh and throw footballs and frisbees?

That, my friends, is wonderful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
3 weeks until #2.

Any pro tips for 2 v 2?
Early on it was explaining to our oldest how fragile babies are. Even a two year old is pretty strong and can easily hurt a baby. At 4 and 2 now the 2 year old is way beefier than my 4 year old and beats the shit out of him all the time.

Biggest piece of advice. If you have to go anywhere, now add on the 20 minute dual kid time tax

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We just spent 5 days as a family at a cottage. We won't have a lot more of these opportunities, as my oldest are 18, so we took it. It was really a great time. I think my oldest two are realizing they are leaving in the fall, and they are going to miss their family. Everyone seemed to be on their best behaviour - not like it was being enforced, or it was forced behaviour, we all just had a really good time together. Lots of games, miles of walking, veeeery long meals that we prepared together. It was fanfuckingtastic.

So, for everyone who struggles with little kids right now, I can tell you that when they get older, there are really, really wonderful family times ahead. Not to say there aren't great family times when they are little, but having an hour long discussion about a relevant topic in which all your kids participate while you eat food together that everyone prepared? Plus, there's no fights about bed times, because everyone gets tired and goes when they want to/should? And having your kids ask to go for another walk on the beach or through the woods where you sing songs and laugh and throw footballs and frisbees?

That, my friends, is wonderful.
I dunno why but I pictured you being Tom bombadil

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This cutie turned 2 a couple weeks ago. Time is flying, man...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice man, couple months for my youngest to turn 2 - the demon that spawned in my bathroom.

Oldest turned 4 wednesday. It's cool seeing them grow up at this age because they definitely have full personalities and likes/dislikes. I wish he was a little less insane (literally bounces off the walls), but he's a cool dude still.

He's JUUUUST about to get into video games. His favorite thing now is Mario, but he can't play it. He can't move and push buttons at the same time yet so usually I'll steer while he accelerates.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He's JUUUUST about to get into video games. His favorite thing now is Mario, but he can't play it. He can't move and push buttons at the same time yet so usually I'll steer while he accelerates.

Mario Odyssey is great to play with smaller kids. You get simultaneous cooperative play, and the kid can bang into walls playing the hat without ruining the game while you control Mario. Genius design.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice man, couple months for my youngest to turn 2 - the demon that spawned in my bathroom.

Oldest turned 4 wednesday. It's cool seeing them grow up at this age because they definitely have full personalities and likes/dislikes. I wish he was a little less insane (literally bounces off the walls), but he's a cool dude still.

Nintendo Switch was a fantastic choice for my now 6 year old. He loves it, and has all but given up Ps4. His favorite before the Switch was beating up bad guys in Spider-man. Lol The problem now is my 4 year old daughter doesn't quite understand yet why he always wins in Mario Kart, and she never wins. :(

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been eyeing the switch. Right now I have a 3dsxl and he's just not grasping playing yet. He loves the idea of it though.

Tomorrow is his birthday party and it's Mario themed because that's what he wanted