Parent Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah labor for my 3 kids was: 23 hours, 6 hours, 34 minutes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want something she can use for whatever she wants, with my and her parents guidance.
UTMA/UGMA , depending on state, you are correct, can be used for anything that they want, however after they reach the age of majority, it's theirs, and you have no control over that money anymore. The account is registered in the childs SSN, and it's reported on their taxes, if necessary.

Crone

Have 3 kids ages 6, 4, and 2 now and traveling so much for work over the last couple years has been really tough. At first it was cool, now I'm sick of it, and think it's dumb. Don't really have another option, other than another job, but anyway. I think the hardest part about missing out on things with the kids is figuring out how much their eating habits have changed.

Basically being clueless when I get home on the minor details related to my kids. It's 10am and they are starving apparently after feeding them breakfast at 7am. Or how the 3 of them can demolish a Digorno's pizza now, where there used to be a slice or 2 left for Daddy. hehe.

Basically another cliche` post about how fast they grow up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now imagine having 2 fucking 6' 2" teenage monsters that devour food at an alarming pace. Im up to $200-$250 per week for grocery bill and still have to pick up shit at the end of the week.

Crone

Now imagine having 2 fucking 6' 2" teenage monsters that devour food at an alarming pace. Im up to $200-$250 per week for grocery bill and still have to pick up shit at the end of the week.
Yea, I feel we're gonna be doomed in a few more years. 1 boy, 2 girls, but still.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My 6yr old is constantly saying he's hungry, even after eating a meal with seconds. I've tested him a few times and offer him something like carrots to make sure he isn't after a dessert. He downs the vegetables too. My 3 year old girl has slowed down a lot, frequently not cleaning her plate. Which is fine with me because she used to eat everything in sight including food of my wife and my plates.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My 6yr old is constantly saying he's hungry... 3 year old girl has slowed down a lot

Mine are 7 and 4. Neither one ate much between 3.5 and 5. Once my son hit his second growth spurt he turned into a disposal unit. Seconds at every meal, plus he's asking to bring a snack to school. My daughter sometimes skips dinner voluntarily for lack of being hungry.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Baby's first birthday in a couple weeks. Jesus Christ, that went by fast.
Hasn't been nearly the tortuous, life-ending & apocalyptic scenario I was expecting. I may have even enjoyed a tiny bit of it. ;)

Been adamantly opposed to having kids my entire life, so all my friends & family are constantly telling me "Told ya you'd love it....".

Edit - I was just going to post one picture, but, well....I don't have Facebook or Instagram.:)

6566.jpeg

6935.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Aannnnnd one more from tonight. We're just making sure our outfits are ready for the best holiday.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So today was a pool day for one of our friend's daughter's birthday (she turned 6). It was a great afternoon, and I got way too much sun. Anyway, I had another experience at just how different Asian parents are (in this case, my wife) than White. So we just finished lunch, and I was telling my daughter not to go in the pool yet because "something could happen". She turns around and asks my wife (who wasn't paying attention to our conversation), and she says "No. You'll drown and die." Very matter of fact.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice man. Our second kid was like that. The first had collic and we we're worried the second would. Congrats!!

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The swimming after eating this is a myth
Not entirely, digesting does take a lot of energy, and you kinda need a lot of energy if you have to swin against the current. But if you're swimming in a controled environment, it sure isn't an issue at all. Even worse, the "taking a bath after eating is dangerous"....