Parent Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
NY schools out for the year? We’re putting 0-5th grade back in school in eurocuckistan next week.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
after playing tag today with some fast and fit five year olds, there's something to be said about overfeeding children with mcdonalds so they're fat and slow...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
after playing tag today with some fast and fit five year olds, there's something to be said about overfeeding children with mcdonalds so they're fat and slow...
played baseball with my kids yesterday, took about 4 line drives near the face before I said "fuck it" and pitched overhand. I liked it when they weren't so fit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Yeah my 3 year old is getting too fast for me to run after on his bike, its literally a flat out sprint when he decides to go for it. I'm knackered!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, this is a FaceBook thing, but I thought there were people here who would appreciate it.

91324713_2796724267048876_3441698156327206912_n.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Son turns 5 Friday. Kind of sucks he can t see anyone on his birthday. We tried to go a bit above and beyond for gifts and stuff, but it still kind of depresses me. He said something like "we can't have a birthday because of the virus" with this sad face, and it's really something a 5 year old shouldn't have to worry about.

We got him a bunch of toys but also his first real bike.

And I also ordered this monstrosity...

Mountaineer+Clubhouse+Swing+Set+with+Wood+Roof.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My middle kid turns 7 on saturday, and we're having a bunch of people drive by to wish him happy birthday. The local PD/FD are also doing "drive by parades" and sounding the sirens/horns if they aren't on emergency calls, so you can look into that.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife had a bunch of people send her videos telling my son happy birthday and he appreciated that. He still got presents so he wasn't that upset over no birthday.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Son turns 5 Friday. Kind of sucks he can t see anyone on his birthday. We tried to go a bit above and beyond for gifts and stuff, but it still kind of depresses me. He said something like "we can't have a birthday because of the virus" with this sad face, and it's really something a 5 year old shouldn't have to worry about.

View attachment 262293

Send us pictures of the progress on you putting that together. We can compare what you build vs this picture.

Definitely call the local police. I bet they will get you some sirens.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are you guys dealing with kids who are old enough to be aware of corona virus and its implications? My 6 year old has had 3 or 4 just absolute sob sessions the past month. We have set up some zoom calls with family and she either refuses to participate or else she'll be happy and talk to everyone but then just completely break down as soon as we hang up. Lots of missing nana, grandma and grandpa, friends, I don't understand why we can't just go the store, etc. It hasn't happened that often but really breaks my heart no matter how much we explain things to her she just get devastated. Luckily my 4 year old doesn't really care so it's only 1 kid to worry about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How are you guys dealing with kids who are old enough to be aware of corona virus and its implications? My 6 year old has had 3 or 4 just absolute sob sessions the past month. We have set up some zoom calls with family and she either refuses to participate or else she'll be happy and talk to everyone but then just completely break down as soon as we hang up. Lots of missing nana, grandma and grandpa, friends, I don't understand why we can't just go the store, etc. It hasn't happened that often but really breaks my heart no matter how much we explain things to her she just get devastated. Luckily my 4 year old doesn't really care so it's only 1 kid to worry about.
My 7yo uses her ipad and ipod ‘round the clock to ft wth her other classmates. Worked well for the last 3-4 weeks. 3yo is just happy to have lots of mommy time. School started here today for 0-2nd grade, 3-5th next. Eurocuckistan ofc.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
e-Learning "officially" started this week meaning they are trying to stick to the curriculum and collect assignments weekly, etc. so hopefully that helps. Her class has a weekly zoom call with her teacher and she loves that. We're probably going to let them go to grandparents house starting this weekend because everyone has been self isolating going on 4 weeks now. We've gone to the grocery store maybe 3 times since the first week of March, my parents and her parents haven't even done that.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Behind on dishes, so I put cereal in a cup and hand to child. His deadass tries to drink the spoon like a straw. About killed me, lol. small things.

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
How are you guys dealing with kids who are old enough to be aware of corona virus and its implications?

As soon as they started asking questions we had a family discussion, explained the pandemic and why we're isolating as best we could, and said that the future was going to be uncertain. I've been lucky that my 8 year old is a massive introvert. He's read 15 books in the last month and I have to force him to come up for air and eat. My 5 year old seems content to ride her bike on the back patio, play with the dog, and work on some phonics.

Whenever they get on my nerves I make them do chores. A this point they can already manage the washer, dryer, and sorting laundry. I'll be ecstatic if this lasts long enough that I can teach them to vacuum, do dishes, and clean the bathrooms. I'll save a bundle on the housekeeper.

Last edited:

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My 5 year old keeps asking if the doctors have figured out how China got the flu. I don't want to tell him its cause they eat bat shit soup. For the most part he is aware things are different but doesn't ask a whole lot. Helps that we go outside for walks and play on a swing set.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is an excellent question. I have two college age, two in high school, and one in middle school. They're all old enough to grasp (on some level) the severity of what is going on, and the entire family has heightened anxiety. One thing my wife and I do is to try very hard to be a non-anxious presence to the kids. Answer their questions calmly and honestly. We have had a lot of discussions over dinner about what is going on. My kids are quite empathetic, and they all know people whose parents have lost their jobs, or can't leave the house because they're high risk, or something of the sort. That bothers them more than anything else, and I think it is because they feel powerless to help. So we've tried to find some things to help others. We are producing a lot of eggs right now, so we're carefully sanitizing and delivering eggs to people who are high risk. We have e-learning to work on with all of them, so that takes up time. We are doing a lot of physical things in the afternoons/evenings, and that seems to help, too. Going for walks, playing hockey, climbing trees (literally). The physical activity seems to help settle everyone. We are also all helping to make dinner ready. It keeps the occupied, off a screen, and more invested in dinner than they normally are.

Everyone is going to find something different to help them cope. The one constant I've been hearing is the physical activity. Find ways to burn calories.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 262293

Neighbor kid turned four this weekend. Had a bunch of people pull into the cul de sac and sing happy birthday from their cars holding up big signs. He loved it ran out all excited, posed by his happy birthday sign.

Sad for us as parents but he’s young enough he loved it. I think my five year old would be sad or pissed off.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

My five year old son went through different stages. We just didn’t tell him about it and he went a couple weeks at home just thinking it was awesome he was getting stay home from daycare days.

At some point he picked up the word Coronavirus from before daycare let out, then he started hearing it on the news or from us talking about it and asked what it was. So we told him it’s a virus like the flu or cold, makes you sick, etc.

Then the warm weather came and the whole neighborhood wanted to congregate outside, kids playing etc. we pulled him away from it early and he had a fucking meltdown screaming closed fist at the ceiling he hated the Coronavirus and he just wants to go play.

Now that the weather is back to cold he doesn’t really care as much but he says he’s ready to go see his friends again, he’s tired of being home all day with us (we’re both working at home this entire time).

We do FaceTime with one or two family members a day so he stays in contact, try to do a wide variety of activities to keep him busy but we’re basically out of new stuff and it’s tough working from home when he wants attention. We’ve never been ones to plop him in front of a TV or iPad but he’s getting a few hours of that a day now. We print out worksheets from ABC mouse and those are pretty helpful for about an hour. He’s getting close to doing the second grade level stuff and he’s still in preschool, so some of it doesn’t work as well cause we have to keep stopping work to explain the directions for each worksheet.

Anyways. Variety of activities like worksheets, sidewalk chalk, painting windows, Perler beads, coloring book, TV. Honestly he’s probably dealing with it better than we are. We’re both stressed and snapping at each other, short tempered. I’m ready to go back to work and gtfo out of the house.

Oh also, physical activity every day has seemed to help all of us. Walks, playing with the dogs, riding bikes, kickball in the back yard. We also do these exercises with him every day. You spell your name, or words, whatever. Then do the exercises for each letter. He likes picking his friends names and stuff.

76E8C092-BDE7-447A-B4B7-D7699D852553.jpeg