Parent Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tell the boy about the PC Master Race, and tell the other boy too so that he can take -that- back to his parents.

And tell him noodle is what we call a console mexican.
I told him simply that he was incorrect and we don't live that way in our house.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean he's 5. he has no real concept of what he's saying. He wouldn't understand PC Master race either, but it would be funny as shit when he drops that on his folks. Because they do know what he's saying. Their trained little monkey!

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Daughter just received her official acceptance letter from Georgia! Now she has to decide between the Tigers and the Bulldogs. Well that and pass her organic chemistry II this last semester...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife's estranged brother of 3 years was suddenly homeless yesterday. He shunned the family very dramatically, cut off all ties with the family. They all dropped everything to bring him home yesterday.

Then they had the gall to ask if we could host a family dinner and invite him. Like I'm supposed to forget explaining to a 2 year old why his uncle disappeared. Or my now 3 year old who has never even met the dude.

Like, there's gotta be a process. I can't just forget and pretend nothing happened. Yet to them im the crazy one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
All my kids are home. For at least two weeks. I forgot just how full our house feels when they are all home. And now I have two 19 year olds who have lived at college for half a year. Weird dynamics.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
We picked a hell of a time to have another kid, but my son is finally here. 7lbs 9oz

20200320_230159.jpg

• 17Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Wife's estranged brother of 3 years was suddenly homeless yesterday. He shunned the family very dramatically, cut off all ties with the family. They all dropped everything to bring him home yesterday.

Then they had the gall to ask if we could host a family dinner and invite him. Like I'm supposed to forget explaining to a 2 year old why his uncle disappeared. Or my now 3 year old who has never even met the dude.

Like, there's gotta be a process. I can't just forget and pretend nothing happened. Yet to them im the crazy one.
I have a brother who cut off all ties to the family about three years ago and the good thing is that I'm the only family he has left so if he chooses to just appear out of thin air one day I can tell him to just fuck straight off.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Like, there's gotta be a process. I can't just forget and pretend nothing happened. Yet im the crazy one.

To welcome him back to the family you should invite him over then let him babysit your kids for four hours while you go have a nice dinner and movie with the wife. No better way to reintroduce him to you kids then leaving them alone with him for four hours. “Have fun with uncle Tommy kids, bye!”

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well he explained himself. He's in a really really bad spot. I mean, my sympathy is basically at 0, but I feel for him a little. She was emotionally abusive, shut him off sex, didn't work and spent his money. He owes her grandparents $8000 (long story, but it was a loan just for him) and now they're suing him for it. He has a contract for repayment, so not sure what lawyer would take that case but whatever.

Also fuck letting him watch my kids

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe i'm just a dick, but I am also naturally suspicious of stories like that.

Why's it on you to host the dinner anyway. I guess that's part of the whole marriage thing. Still, seems like it would be your wifes affair and you would just be in attendance. Maybe it's more respectful to ask it of you directly. I can see that.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially family. That situation sucks, he doesn't sound like a villain just a run of bad luck/bad decisions. I've been there when I was young, it feels like you can't get your shit together because you're always just responding to the next thing.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well he explained himself. He's in a really really bad spot. I mean, my sympathy is basically at 0, but I feel for him a little. She was emotionally abusive, shut him off sex, didn't work and spent his money. He owes her grandparents $8000 (long story, but it was a loan just for him) and now they're suing him for it. He has a contract for repayment, so not sure what lawyer would take that case but whatever.

Also fuck letting him watch my kids
If we weren't all in prison world I would say just tell your wife you're taking the kids out that night and when he's gone you will all come home. If assholebro has reformed and all that and proves himself you will tolerate his presence and let him be an uncle.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe i'm just a dick, but I am also naturally suspicious of stories like that.

Why's it on you to host the dinner anyway. I guess that's part of the whole marriage thing. Still, seems like it would be your wifes affair and you would just be in attendance. Maybe it's more respectful to ask it of you directly. I can see that.
We do a monthly family dinner with each side of our family, so that weekend we were hosting one at our house. It was just coincidence he came home at that time.

By the way, he showed up anyways...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got my five year old son to act upset and go tell my wife he pooped his pants. It’s happened in the past and I shame him pretty hard so he’s terrified of doing it. He even added that into his story “Can you help me I don’t want daddy to know, I pooped my pants” He did a great job, and when she got up to help he yelled APRIL FOOLS!

Proud of my future shitlord.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday I bought my boys (9 & 10) their own laptops (set to arrive next weekend).

I have to say I am giddy like a school girl, I have been looking forward to the day we could all game together on the PC for some time. I was just talking to them about how we will set up voice and play games together etc. Then I decided to tell them about Poop Socking and they almost pissed their pants.

Side note we watched The Goonies on Saturday Night and both boys said it was the greatest movie ever made. So awesome my kids are getting to the age where I can share semi-inappropriate things with them and they are mature enough to handle it. I know that is a silly thing to be excited about, but it is the truth, I love hanging out with my lil dudes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
IMG_20200411_072103_453.jpg

Number 2 arrived this week, slap bang in the middle of this corona virus bullshit. Yet to see any of our family, grandparents especially upset about it, and could be a couple months until they do.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users