Parent Thread

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Follow up brag from proud old dad - daughter got her official offer from Clemson’s doctoral program in biochemistry and genetics!

Now one more visit/interview and hopefully a tough choice to make. But either way, great opportunity for her and less strain on my wallet!

Great news for you in two ways - you get a new football team to support and the kiddo gets a great degree. Grats!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I made a third one. My wife's seeing the doctor next week for the first check.

I made a second one, wife doing same this week. Pretty stoked, as the 21 month old needs a distraction. Son of a gun is completely off the rails the past few months climbing on everything, "No No No No" to everything and generally just wreaking havoc around the house constantly. Pretty great being a dad, however.

1582643255216.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's great how much my two sons are best buddies. I hope it stays that way because the way my youngest has been progressively getting worse he's really good to need a best friend brother

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's great how much my two sons are best buddies. I hope it stays that way because the way my youngest has been progressively getting worse he's really good to need a best friend brother
Oh good, in a few years we can see Noodle post about how his sons are making a RL The Accountant.

• 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hoping my girls will keep going in this direction, but I think there's going to be a lot of fighting. The 9 month old already goes directly to what the 3 year old is playing with and tries to play too -- "Baby keeps touching!". Other than that, they get along great.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I wish I had a brother that was close my age growing up and even later. I barely remember my sister. She's 8 years older than me and was gone out of the house when I turned 9.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My wife spent like an hour cutting my kid's hair yesterday. It was the first haircut she ever gave him and she did a great job.

He just sprinted in here excited about his modification.

1583205586161.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My wife spent like an hour cutting my kid's hair yesterday. It was the first haircut she ever gave him and she did a great job.

He's just 40 years ahead of his middle-aged haircut.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 252079
You need to have a serious conversation with your wife, that kid looks nothing like you Avatar...

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My five year old can read just about anything but still has to just sound out a lot of words he’s never seen before.

Anyways, couple weeks ago in a drive through out of nowhere he says “Hey daddy, what’s a happy whore?” So I’m “uh what??” He repeats “What’s a happy whore? I don’t know what it means” so I ask where he heard that and he says “Happy whore, it’s right there on that sign, see, happy whore.”

I look over, to a small sign that says happy hour. Fun stuff.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
This is the first lesson the young man has in insane, ridiculous, overconfidence.

Coach him to tell all the other kids at school "Huh? No, this is cool now". But he has to really sell it.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
5yo neighbor kid race splained to me and my 6yo that we're inherently racist because we're white. My 6yo had never heard the word before. I shut it down and had a text discussion with child's parental unit.

But in other news,

20200308_205843.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
Tell the boy about the PC Master Race, and tell the other boy too so that he can take -that- back to his parents.

And tell him noodle is what we call a console mexican.