Parent Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The amount of stress and emotion tied to breastfeeding is insane too. My wife went to a few of those lactation support groups to learn tips and talk and stuff. She didn’t have much problem with it but she said some of those moms were having breakdowns and shit cause they felt like failures.
Same here. And my wife's sisters and mom all struggled with it. *shrug* We went with the costco stuff, its' basically the same as either enfamil or similac, but 50% the cost.

My oldest was putting away like 9oz per bottle by 5 or 6 months

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The amount of stress and emotion tied to breastfeeding is insane too. My wife went to a few of those lactation support groups to learn tips and talk and stuff. She didn’t have much problem with it but she said some of those moms were having breakdowns and shit cause they felt like failures.
It really is insane. Our first was in the 10% percentile of birth weight and my wife struggled with breast feeding. She was a mess emotionally. She tried everything including domperidone which is now completely banned in the USA. I tried to talk her out of it since a potential side effect is death. Early postpartum (especially for the first baby) is absolutely brutal for women.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Being unable to breastfeed for more than a few weeks was pretty hard on my wife, she said basically what you said - she felt like a failure and it was her most dissapointing moment as a parent. She eventually realized its not her fault and doesnt beat herself up over it much anymore.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My wife was the same. Tried breastfeeding. Had to supplement before we left the hospital. Tried pumping at home and she got a little. It just turned into a miserable chore for her and she stopped.

We used baby's only organic formula. When looking at formulas the baby's only was the only forumla that got it's dha from eggs vs an acid washed algae.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
ok so not married, but you do live together? Was an honest question lol
I know. We are both divorced and own a house together. Yeah, we good. Been trying to get pregnant for the last year so not a surprise. I just wanted to keep the 2020 Surprise train going for y'all.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wait, you were both married to each other, got divorced but still tried to get pregnant, or you're both previous divorcees who live together now in a functional relationship?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My little dude just turned 2 and that terrible twos saying is no joke. He went from being sweet to a punk overnight.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Oy vey. How far along are you guys, weeks?
Got multi positive tests about 2 weeks after she missed her last period so we are guessing around 6-7 weeks? Full appointment setup for next week. Hopefully we aren't jumping the gun getting excited about it.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Got multi positive tests about 2 weeks after she missed her last period so we are guessing around 6-7 weeks? Full appointment setup for next week. Hopefully we aren't jumping the gun getting excited about it.
That’s awesome, man. Congratulations. Nature will runs its course regardless. Your first?