Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

So my kid got sucker punched in the mouth and it knocked him out for about 5 seconds. Busted his lip on the inside and outside of his mouth. He then got his head stomped on by the woman in cowboy boots; the heel hitting him square in the brow above his left eye. This was the greatest laceration. Then she kicked him in the side of the head behind the ear where the jaw meets the skull and then kicked him in the face to the right of the nose.

C3165FAD-04B5-4C4B-B0E0-092624484B46.jpeg

He has a concussion. He has no bleeding on the brain, but she said he is having short term memory issues and concentration issues. She said he has also said a few times “You’re talking too fast” when she hasn’t changed how she talks to him.

I want to murder these people. Especially the bitch.

The part that really blows me away: There were many witnesses. They did nothing to stop these people from escaping. Fucking cowards.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So my kid got sucker punched in the mouth and it knocked him out for about 5 seconds. Busted his lip on the inside and outside of his mouth. He then got his head stomped on by the woman in cowboy boots; the heel hitting him square in the brow above his left eye. This was the greatest laceration. Then she kicked him in the side of the head behind the ear where the jaw meets the skull and then kicked him in the face to the right of the nose.

View attachment 446400

He has a concussion. He has no bleeding on the brain, but she said he is having short term memory issues and concentration issues. She said he has also said a few times “You’re talking too fast” when she hasn’t changed how she talks to him.

I want to murder these people. Especially the bitch.

The part that really blows me away: There were many witnesses. They did nothing to stop these people from escaping. Fucking cowards.
Welcome to the current United States sadly. Helping someone gets you hurt, or sued, arrested, or canceled. That really sucks you have no recourse, hopefully he fully recovers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I got an email yesterday from the school my kids go to stating that nearly 15% of students were out sick yesterday due to the flu, covid, rsv and other illnesses. They also asked parents to keep their kids at home if they are sick. My younger one was already home sick (he missed 3 days last week) and my older one came home sick after lunch. This is the third time they have both been sick this school year. Each time they have been sick they have missed a minimum of five days.

We are the type of parents that keep our kids home until that are close to 100%, if not 100%. Mostly because we have flexible jobs/schedules that allow for it. I understand many parents don't have that flexibility and send their kids to school when they absolutely shouldn't. I also know of parents that have flexibility like my wife and I am still send their kids to school because "that is what you do in the real world, you tough it out." I am trying to stay away from a moral judgement here, but I would be lying if I didn't say it is frustrating. Even with my flexible schedule it has been a pain in the ass.

Since the beginning of the Summer I have been working twice as hard for about two thirds of the pay due to to the economy. Having to manage kids meals and medicine etc while working has been less than perfect and now for the cherry on top I am sick and my wife might be too. I had managed to stay healthy through the last two rounds, but round three has got me. I feel a little better today after a good night of NyQuil induced sleep.

Gonna stop my rant now and just ask if other parents are experiencing the same thing?

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My daughter is in preschool, so she gets sick fairly regularly. She has been fighting a cough for a few weeks. Finally getting better. Thankfully I can work from home, so if the kids are sick, we'll keep them home

My wife is a preschool teacher at my kids school, she tells me stories all the time of parents dosing their kids with meds to get them to school and it will usually wear off after lunch and the kids will pop a fever and be sent home. Some parents are just assholes.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Our kid can stay home if he has a fever, if not we send him. We don’t try hiding it with meds though, if he’s got a fever he’s actually sick enough we want him to actually rest and get better. I think he’s only missed one or two days total and he’s in 2nd grade now.

He was sick all the time in preschool and it was definitely shitty back then. I burned a lot of PTO days just staying home with him when he was sick. From what I’ve read kids are typically sick about the same amount of time total, it’s just either in pre school or grade school, depending on if you did preschool or stay at home.

It goes away eventually Oblio Oblio , just one of the joys of being a parent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The first year of COVID we had the kids do e-learning because we honestly thought the in person option was going to shut down. Between that and them being masked in school last year until after winter break, I wonder weakend their immune systems are. All through COVID my wife and I worked, while we both have home offices we both have field work so our immune systems stayed pretty strong. This is what I assume, but wtf do I know I ain't no Fauci.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The first year of COVID we had the kids do e-learning because we honestly thought the in person option was going to shut down. Between that and them being masked in school last year until after winter break, I wonder weakend their immune systems are. All through COVID my wife and I worked, while we both have home offices we both have field work so our immune systems stayed pretty strong. This is what I assume, but wtf do I know I ain't no Fauci.
They missed a year of getting the cold and shit, and masks didn’t really stop anyone from getting sick. I’m sure they will catch up and be fine, missing a year sitting at home isn’t a big deal or even a normal. Kids who are homeschooled or don’t go to preschool miss a lot more exposure than your kids did. Just don’t think about the past decisions, suffer through the sicknesses you’re getting through now, and everything will be fine before you know it. It’s just part of kids being around tons of other kids all the time is all. You’ll all get sick every year, it’s normal.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Many doctors did say that this would be the result of lockdowns and clean rooms with antiseptic dispensers in every corner. Let the sickness ensue!

My kids are older now but just like clockwork every year within a few weeks of summer vacation being over the little bastards always brought something home.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
They missed a year of getting the cold and shit, and masks didn’t really stop anyone from getting sick. I’m sure they will catch up and be fine, missing a year sitting at home isn’t a big deal or even a normal. Kids who are homeschooled or don’t go to preschool miss a lot more exposure than your kids did. Just don’t think about the past decisions, suffer through the sicknesses you’re getting through now, and everything will be fine before you know it. It’s just part of kids being around tons of other kids all the time is all. You’ll all get sick every year, it’s normal.
I totally understand they will get sick every year, this year has just been excessive.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My 10 year old hasn’t been sick this year but my 6 year old has been out 2 or 3 times. Some parents are just a-holes. My wife works at our school and a kid will get sent home, then the parents send them in the next day hoping nobody will notice. In one case last week, the mom didn’t answer the phone when the school called. The dad answered his phone, and the mom showed up 10 minutes later to get the kid.

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welcome to the current United States sadly. Helping someone gets you hurt, or sued, arrested, or canceled. That really sucks you have no recourse, hopefully he fully recovers.
Time to go full USA on their ass, find a lawyer to play up his injuries and sue them for their house.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My daughter is in preschool, so she gets sick fairly regularly. She has been fighting a cough for a few weeks. Finally getting better. Thankfully I can work from home, so if the kids are sick, we'll keep them home

My wife is a preschool teacher at my kids school, she tells me stories all the time of parents dosing their kids with meds to get them to school and it will usually wear off after lunch and the kids will pop a fever and be sent home. Some parents are just assholes.
I never missed a day of school no matter how sick I was. By the time I was 15 and got my first job I was so used to it that I worked like 7 years without missing a single day. First time I ever missed I stood up fast from the toilet and hit my head on the corner of the cabinet above it hard enough to knock myself out. Wake up a few seconds late with blood just going everywhere. But, by god, I wasn’t gonna be late for work. Drove in to work holding a rag to my head, and had a face and shirt covered in blood when I made it in the door. I was really confused when the manager tried to send me home and was like “I just need a minute in the bathroom to wash this off.”

• 1Galaxy Brain

Brad2770

Time to go full USA on their ass, find a lawyer to play up his injuries and sue them for their house.
I’m pretty mad, but my ex wife has been going scorched earth passive aggressive style. She is livid. Actually one of the things I really loved about her- “Don’t fuck with my family!”

Unless she is fucking around behind my back. Cunt.

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I’m pretty mad, but my ex wife has been going scorched earth passive aggressive style. She is livid. Actually one of the things I really loved about her- “Don’t fuck with my family!”

Unless she is fucking around behind my back. Cunt.
Story time, Uncle Brad2770 Brad2770 ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah good luck suing a bunch of feral Mexicans. Be lucky to even find them and charge them with anything.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My kids (7, 10) have been sick maybe three times each this year. We keep them out 24-48 hours after fevers stop or if they're coughing constantly, but otherwise send them in. If we kept them home for a slight runny nose or intermittent cough they'd be out for weeks at a time. I'm not sure my daughter has been "fully 100%" for more than a few weeks so far. Colds and other non-covid crud have been absolutely rampant.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My wife was stay at home when kids were younger but I dont hold it against parents that both have jobs and cant just keep their kid at home all the time when they are sick or say they are sick.

The worse for me was catching the roto virus or whatever the fuck it was in early 2Ks. I just got a new job so could not skip out but thank god I was like the only one in the office only one other dude there with me so I could shit and puke all I wanted. But it was the most miserable week of my life. The fucking place was like 45-1hr drive too so that didnt help either.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My wife was stay at home when kids were younger but I dont hold it against parents that both have jobs and cant just keep their kid at home all the time when they are sick or say they are sick.
Yeah we are very fortunate in that we have had one or both of us have had very flexible jobs since my son was born. I don’t know how else people with shit jobs that aren’t flexible would get by without just sending the kids to school sick if they don’t have the option.

• 1Like