Parent Thread

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah well I've taken a shit while my infant son was strapped to me. You do desperate things when you're going to shit your pants.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've never gotten this. My kids don't bother us in the bathroom, never have. Perhaps the shout of "GO AWAY' while the door was locked had something to do with that.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
4 Year old knows and respects privacy when pooping. The two year old knocks on the door or yells DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDYYYYY over and over like the guy in The Warriors.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My daughter likes to poop in privacy. She always asks us to close the door and says, "daddy no see me".

so when I am pooping I say the same to her but she thinks it's a game so she just runs in and out of be bathroom non stop laughing her head off.

If I lock the door it's 50/50 that she'll sit there banging on it until I come out or just leave me alone.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't even know how to handle this shit. I made plans with my sisters bf to go fishing Friday with the little guy. My wife is so stressed out about the idea that we had a retarded argument about it. She's so concerned he's going to fall in the water and drown or if I keep him in his stroller I'm just going to ignore him or some shit. So pissed about this bullshit.
Last week he and I were in the inflatable pool we bought. She was sitting in a chair next to the pool. He's walking and tripped and fell in. I was in him and had him out in a second. Later she rips into me how I should have been right next to him and I let him sit in the water facedown for a few seconds. I told her fuck that I am NOT going to hoover over him and catch him every time he falls. She's going to have a heart attack before he's even in school.
Clearly not something we can rationally discuss. I absolutely be making a call and making a counseling appointment for the both of us. Her stress is getting out of control.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife hovers over the kid and I tried to explain he will never learn if someone is constantly catching him. She don't listen. Not as bad as yours though. I

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My kid had a bloody nose this morning. Why? No idea, he seemed fine, fuck it.
Ever given your kid a bloody nose? That little bop you give back to try and teach them that hitting is not acceptable? Yeah... She got ice cream out of the deal...

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Miraculously we just managed to have a 45 minute level headed conversation. Didn't resolve everything hut the situation is at least disarmed.
I had to laugh at when I said he's only a year and she's worried about just fishing. What about sports or when he starts to drive? "Thank you for giving me16 years of things to worry about." I didn't even. Lol

I'm a huge supporter of the CTFD method and plan to share that link with her but I haven't found the right time to do it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Had some difficult news today. Our youngest is going to be evaluated for autism. The dr wants to get her thyroid checked first, she said a lot of the symptoms can actually be caused by hyperthyroidism and she sees some other issues that may indicate that. But she literally spent like 20 minutes with her and was like "yup, high functioning but likely autistic." I guess if the thyroid thing comes back negative, we do some kind of screen, I have no idea.

I've read about parents of autistic kids, and if she is then we're really lucky because I realize it could be pretty bad. She's a more or less normal kid, just had a speech delay and her emotions are pretty extreme.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Had some difficult news today. Our youngest is going to be evaluated for autism. The dr wants to get her thyroid checked first, she said a lot of the symptoms can actually be caused by hyperthyroidism and she sees some other issues that may indicate that. But she literally spent like 20 minutes with her and was like "yup, high functioning but likely autistic." I guess if the thyroid thing comes back negative, we do some kind of screen, I have no idea.

I've read about parents of autistic kids, and if she is then we're really lucky because I realize it could be pretty bad. She's a more or less normal kid, just had a speech delay and her emotions are pretty extreme.
Jeeze. Sorry, man. Hope test results come back with the best possible outcome. Don't let this change your relationship with her. Nothing has changed there.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, it's weird, because I'm not concerned for her. She makes friends at school, is super affectionate and friendly, she's smart, really I just don't have a clear idea of what this means for her. I worry of course, that's what we do right, but the whole thing is confusing. At least with my other daughter there was an obvious problem, this time it isn't like that.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's probably why like autism numbers are going through the roof, everyone has it! Sorry about the news man but at least it sounds like she's normal and healthy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Honestly, it's weird, because I'm not concerned for her. She makes friends at school, is super affectionate and friendly, she's smart, really I just don't have a clear idea of what this means for her. I worry of course, that's what we do right, but the whole thing is confusing. At least with my other daughter there was an obvious problem, this time it isn't like that.
Could just be speech delay... high emotions are just kids.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe its very mild compared to like rainman autism, and they'll just advise new coping strategies for you guys and for her. If you're dealing with her ok right now after the ADD meds, then it's not like anything is going to get worse now that she has a diagnosis.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Different daughter, if you can believe it. My middle girl has ADD, which she is doing well with. Except for her weight and this weird side effect of dilated pupils. My youngest is the one they think may have autism. Which, every time I think of it I just can't understand how, but I've seen the symptom list and yeah, I guess it does fit her. I think I just had a very specific idea of what I thought autism was.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just noticed a couple of days ago that one of be kiddos has two bottom teeth already through. Never got fussy at all or anything, not sure what you guys were all complaining about.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a total proud papa moment tonight. My 3 year old son walks into my room bare arse points it my way rips a big one giggles and goes back to bed. The best part is he had clothes on when we put him down.