Parent Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At 2, you might now have any other choice. You have to protect your 5 year old, as well. You'll figure out stuff that works for you. Sure, locking the 2 year old away isn't ideal but whatever, as a parent you make decisions in the moment and you have to protect everyone.

My 5 year old had a problem with hitting, she's mostly gone beyond that now. She sees a therapist for stff I've talked about in this thread before, that just started recently, and one of the things they are trying to get us to do with her is have her vocalize her feelings. Instead of hitting her sister for X reason, explain how she is feeling and why she is feeling that way. Another trick they gave us a long time ago, which was very helpful, was teaching her to stomp her feet when she's mad. It's annoying as fuck but it helps her get some of that anger out.
Daniel Tiger will tell you to stomp your feet when your mad or frustrated. Come on man! Step yo educational cartoon game up! Hehe

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you're feelin mad and you wanna roar, take a deep breath.... and count to four. Bro, I'm up on my Daniel Tiger, and you know this. However, my daughter gave zero fucks about that shit. Feet stomping worked though

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Caillou can drown in piss. Fuck him.

My kids are all about youtube bullshit now. I make them watch Adventure Time and Steven Universe and Star Wrs Rebels, other than that they don't really do tv.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
If you're feelin mad and you wanna roar, take a deep breath.... and count to four. Bro, I'm up on my Daniel Tiger, and you know this. However, my daughter gave zero fucks about that shit. Feet stomping worked though
Daniel goddamn Tiger. That's all this kid wants to watch. And remember even when they go away grown-ups come back!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Fuck Caillou and the horse he rode in on. He sounds like the special needs kid.

Timeout - yeah I heard about that, problem is, Emma probably won't have any of that shit. What do you do if you put her on timeout for two minutes, she won't stay, you increase the time but she still gives zero fucks?

She told grandma about the incident the next day "daddy locked me in my room" in tears so something seems to have stuck. If that's good or if she'll end up a serial killer, we may never know.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck Caillou and the horse he rode in on. He sounds like the special needs kid.

Timeout - yeah I heard about that, problem is, Emma probably won't have any of that shit. What do you do if you put her on timeout for two minutes, she won't stay, you increase the time but she still gives zero fucks?

She told grandma about the incident the next day "daddy locked me in my room" in tears so something seems to have stuck. If that's good or if she'll end up a serial killer, we may never know.
I sit with my 2 year old in the corner when he gets put in time-out. We make him count to 20 (with us), starting over when he fucks up. We do have the concept of "soft-time-outs" for the older two. If they're shitty, they go either onto the stairs to wait or in the corner. If they just need to be separated, they have to go to their room and close the door (which means they can play with the toys in there).

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The way I read to do it, and makes sense to me, and we actually had some success with at one point, was to use time out and instead of extending the time if they get up or whatever we just sit them back down and reset the timer to what it was. And put the timer in a place they can see it. Kind of like the same way we read to do the bedtime routine, if they get up you don't react, don't speak except to say the timer is reset, dont interact with them at all other than putting their ass back. They get to the point where they break and just sit there. Not a one-size-fits-all solution, didnt work with my middle daughter because of some of her issues Ive detailed here before.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So my son is 3 weeks old now. He's on a pure breast milk diet, so his poo is still liquid. It should solidify at some point, but it hasn't happened yet. Anyway, last night he was making lots of fussy grunting sounds. No matter what we did, he kept going. I know this is the sign of poop. He just wouldn't release it. So anyway, right before taking my daughter in to school this morning, I walked past my wife who had the son on our Changing table. She had him laying on his back but with his legs curled up at his belly. And he was creating a shit volcano. It was very bubbly, and I don't understand why. Almost how a soda has bubbles on the top after you pour it. His shit was leaving his body like that. It was pretty nasty, but my wife kept encouraging him like a champ. Yet at the same time, she HATES when I try to touch her asshole ever. Go figure.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had to stick qtips up my son's ass a few times for his distress. What came out after.... Nightmares....

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah liquid diet should produce liquid shit (well not bubbling cola liquid but definitely not a log either). My daughter was constipated and I had to literally root in there and pull one out because it was hurting her so bad (she was an infant) it was the worst thing I ever had to do.

SeanDoe1z1

Kids aged 4 and 9 have the hardest god damn time flushing Toliets when done. Make them do it themselves when caught. The oldest I will even make them clean the bathroom once over if they forget. Never get complaints at school (how would people know??) About weekly or biweekly event. Youngest gets a pass, but the oldest....damnit. Normal?

Is this real life? Is it a genetic disorder and am I passing on the Mad Pooper gene?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had to stick qtips up my son's ass a few times for his distress. What came out after.... Nightmares....
My wife did that this morning. He was pretty cranky most of the night and didn't want to sleep. After she did it, he filled up 3 diapers with shit in no time. And he poops regularly. I guess he just got a little backed up? I dunno.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Kids aged 4 and 9 have the hardest god damn time flushing Toliets when done. Make them do it themselves when caught. The oldest I will even make them clean the bathroom once over if they forget. Never get complaints at school (how would people know??) About weekly or biweekly event. Youngest gets a pass, but the oldest....damnit. Normal?

Is this real life? Is it a genetic disorder and am I passing on the Mad Pooper gene?
How do you just not flush? That's so wrird, especially at 9

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My daughter has done it. Left a big shit in the toilet, paper and all, but didn't flush because she was watching a tablet (she has 2 "watching days" per week). We took the tablet away for a week because of that.

nazon

Molten Core Raider
A couple of weeks ago my son flushed a flexible nylon cellphone holder down the toilet. The toilet could flush but was prone to getting clogged so I called a plumber on Friday. Plumber was scheduled to come Sunday morning. Saturday night, my son flushed a toy down our OTHER toilet. He was lightning fast and did it in one motion with me standing right there.

Plumber shows up the next day. Tried to clear the toy out with no luck. He removed the toilet and failed to extract the toy from either end. Plumber didn't charge me for this luckily. The toy was thick plastic and the exact diameter of the trap. I had installed this toilet new about a year ago so I ended up having to scrap this all most brand new toilet. Bought a new one at Lowe's and installed it myself to safe costs.

He was able to extract the nylon cellphone holder from the roof vent. So our plumbing is 100% back to normal. We now have locks on both toilets. Moral of the story is. LOCK YOUR TOILETS around kids. My dad says this is pay back for all the shit I flushed down the toilet when I was 2.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
....I can't believe my life right now...My son, staying at my parents for treatment, puts a human sized hole in the wall cause I tell him to turn down his music. I was on the phone with him, while at work, and couldn't hear him.

Then runs to my in laws (who live down the street), and tells them I beat him within an inch of his life (keep in mind, theres not even a bruise on him, and I was still at work when he got to my in laws.

Now they're trying to tell my wife that I HAD to be lying about being at work. Except I badged in literally in the middle of the conversation. I showed my wife evidence, she believes I didnt touch him, but wonders why he said it (I have NEVER touched a kid in my life, with force - I dedicated my life to protecting kids)..At least I have access to the badge/security system at work and can prove my whereabouts.

What the fuck. I think I might lose not only my kid, but my wife and the kid I'm trying to adopt because of this shit. My wife is stuck having to choose me, or her parents, in this matter. It doesn't matter if they're blind to the truth. The stress of that gap/divide is going to cause her to give up one connection. Them or me. How can it not?

My only hope is showing them I didn't do it...but...I have shown them they evidence..They don't seem to want to see the truth.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
LOCK YOUR TOILETS
I got into the habit of having our son lock the toilet lock for me every time he invades my personal space in the bathroom. Now it's to the point he gets upset if I lock and flush the toilet. And if someone forgets to lock the toilet he'll go in and lock it without being asked.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
....I can't believe my life right now...My son, staying at my parents for treatment, puts a human sized hole in the wall cause I tell him to turn down his music. I was on the phone with him, while at work, and couldn't hear him.

Then runs to my in laws (who live down the street), and tells them I beat him within an inch of his life (keep in mind, theres not even a bruise on him, and I was still at work when he got to my in laws.

Now they're trying to tell my wife that I HAD to be lying about being at work. Except I badged in literally in the middle of the conversation. I showed my wife evidence, she believes I didnt touch him, but wonders why he said it (I have NEVER touched a kid in my life, with force - I dedicated my life to protecting kids)..At least I have access to the badge/security system at work and can prove my whereabouts.

What the fuck. I think I might lose not only my kid, but my wife and the kid I'm trying to adopt because of this shit. My wife is stuck having to choose me, or her parents, in this matter. It doesn't matter if they're blind to the truth. The stress of that gap/divide is going to cause her to give up one connection. Them or me. How can it not?

My only hope is showing them I didn't do it...but...I have shown them they evidence..They don't seem to want to see the truth.

Ugg. This is a tough ass spot. I was in a similar position about 20 years ago with my ex. She had two young boys that were about 7 years old when I met her. BADDEST fuckin kids ever. They were going nuts pretty much because dad had left and mom was being a pussy and trying to kill them with kindness. Enter me, Mr. Rules and Order. They despised it. Nothing worked on me and I was slowly changing their mother into me with the rules of the house.

Everything time they visited their grandparents it was a story about how evil I was, to the point where their mother who KNEW me, started to believe what the boys were saying along with the grandparents. Funny thing was I was rarely ever alone with the boys and she personally corrected the boys on their lies several times in front of the grandparents. Didn't matter. The next weekend they would have a new set of stories and the grandparents would question my evil methods again. (Mostly taking away something, or separating them). The grandparents hated I contradicted almost all of their advice with the boys, so I expected it.

I bowed out after a couple years. The final straw was when the boys said I beat them with a belt, and the grandparents threatened to call the police if I didn't leave their precious daughter and her kids alone. They knew it was a lie considering my size and build, with me even looking at these little brats could cause a bruise. PLUS I hadn't been to the house in a week or so. Didn't matter. I looked for their mother to back me up and she did not want to take the chance of alienating herself from the family...especially her parents.

Both kids reverted back to their bad ass ways. Their mother after a couple of years apart realized her mistake. She didn't try and get back with me, but always called for advice and help, which I denied time and time again. Wasn't ever going there.

One son is in prison I am told, the other is just some thug hustling. Goddamn shame because both were smart kids. Like creepy smart.

Women and grandparents will ALWAYS choose the kids over the husband eventually has been my take. Reason goes out the window a lot of times and I don't know why.

Good luck bro.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Well, this morning he told my wife (who told me not to come home last night) that he was lying...She is making him admit it in person to the grand parents.

I don't think its going to matter. There's history between me and the parents. MIL , when I was 16, spouted a series of curses and insults at me. After about 5 minutes I called her a bitch and walked off. Her Husband, my FIL now, tried to hit me with his car and started shoving me. I didn't touch him back, though. I restrained myself.

They were never happy when she ended up with me. I'm sure this will just be ammunition to further the goals they've had since we moved out of us not being together.

Or maybe I'm just tired, sad, depressed, and cynical.