Parent Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You guys are the worst.

Dude, yesterday I watched my youngest kid play violin in front of 500 people. Later in the day, I watched my middle child win a relay race. It is a metric fuck-tonne of work, and kids are hard. But just wait. Never before has your heart been so full as when you watch your kids achieve things, when they learn things, when they surprise you. Don't let us get you down. Having kids is super hard, and fucking wonderful.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks fella. I'll take all the pep talks I can get.

I know why this takes 9 months. It's because it takes the dad 8 months to get on board, right?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah singleton parents are like elite rich snooty assholes who got it easy in life. Twins is like going to prison. Three or more you should probably just disappear yourself.
Twins sound pretty easy. Kinda sucks being outnumbered at pretty much all times

Arative

Vyemm Raider

I know why this takes 9 months. It's because it takes the dad 8 months to get on board, right?

It's all worth it in the end. It's hard and sometimes gross but there is nothing like seeing your kid take their first step or say their first word or as lurkingdirk lurkingdirk said accomplish something they set out to do.

There are days being a parent sucks and you just want to do anything other than watch the same movie over and over again but those days are few and far between the days when your kid amazes you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's all worth it in the end. It's hard and sometimes gross but there is nothing like seeing your kid take their first step or say their first word or as lurkingdirk lurkingdirk said accomplish something they set out to do.

There are days being a parent sucks and you just want to do anything other than watch the same movie over and over again but those days are few and far between the days when your kid amazes you.
Definitely this.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

A woman becomes a mother when she is pregnant. A man becomes a father when they see their newborn child.

Dont stress the mixed emotions and fear right now. When you see that kid fatherhood will be real and natural.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
A woman becomes a mother when she is pregnant. A man becomes a father when they see their newborn child.

Dont stress the mixed emotions and fear right now. When you see that kid fatherhood will be real and natural.

Or you'll have another reason to hate Daquon down in accounting.

• 2Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm mostly onboard now. At least I don't feel lile my life is ending anymore. I'm mainly just freaked out by the fragility of infants, my inexperience with them, and the fact that my lady forgets to feed the dogs almost every godamn evening and then gets mad when I ask "did you feed the dogs?".

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Twins sound pretty easy.

av1VHIC.gif

• 2Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

It’s pretty awesome coming home and having them scream “Daddy” while running up to give you a hug.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It’s pretty awesome coming home and having them scream “Daddy” while running up to give you a hug.
Happens every time I come home from being gone all week. It's a happy and sad moment when I talk to my 4 year old on the phone, and I say, hey, what day is tomorrow? "Friday" , "what happens on Friday?" "Daddy comes home!!" :(

• 2Like

trex

Queen Bee
To put it into perspective , my wife gave birth in our home and when we arrived they made her shower by herself and she fell. That was the beginning..

To put it in even more perspective, I had a pretty rocky pregnancy with my second and when he was born and completely healthy I was elated--almost high. Then I hear my OB in the next room scolding a new mom and telling her how serious it was that she gave birth with heroin in her system. ...wouldn't be all that bad except I heard it when I was having a monthly checkup with a (probably) different woman, too. Snapped me back to reality pretty quickly. Giving birth in a city...and a city in the state that has the best Medicaid in the country is not recommended, IMO.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
To put it in even more perspective, I had a pretty rocky pregnancy with my second and when he was born and completely healthy I was elated--almost high. Then I hear my OB in the next room scolding a new mom and telling her how serious it was that she gave birth with heroin in her system. ...wouldn't be all that bad except I heard it when I was having a monthly checkup with a (probably) different woman, too. Snapped me back to reality pretty quickly. Giving birth in a city...and a city in the state that has the best Medicaid in the country is not recommended, IMO.
I think the question that arises from this post is, why were you at a hospital and not a vet clinic Donkey?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

trex

Queen Bee
Buddy I’ve got triplets. Twins sound pretty easy

Were they naturally concieved? This may sound horrible, but I had a minor panic attack waiting to get my first ultra sound with both, hoping there weren't two heartbeats. If there were three, I'd have an extreamly hard time not terminating. I wouldn't, but I'd think about it. I have "Irish twins" and it's hard. I can't imagine actual twins.