Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If cyclone is nerfed to be somehow worse than all the skills its currently shits in the mouth of, which is all of them really, I'll most probably be going glad. Block glad with the challenger charges was easily the strongest build I played that wasn't cyclone. If cyclone is nerfed closer to everything else but still better I don't see not league starting it since it will still be the fastest way for me to clear all content.

You have your pob for that one? I meant to copy it. The one I was looking at doing was DW and not block.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The build was on the forum and the idea seemed good so I tried it. Not the greatest dps in sand stance, could really use a buff there, but it still clears t16s easily. It is hard to full clear legions though because it can't one shot the rares when breaking them out. Blood stance is really good dps but has very small range so it's mostly boss only. The main thing is that you just don't die and have really good movespeed. If the next league isn't as rippy as legion it might be worth not going full block but I got pretty hooked on it, plus you get to never worry about porcupine shit, ever.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do DoT-based builds sustain?

There's whole archetypes of builds I'd like to play but I don't see how they're supposed to reasonably bounce back from damage taken.

Bleed
Poison(Assassins don't fully count since you can't rely on kills during bosses)
Chaos DoTs not named Essence Drain
Ignite Prolif

A lot of these look like fun builds. Like Ignite Prolif seems like a good way to make Divine Ire not shit at clearing.

Do you just have to hope your build delivers lots of hits and you stack a ton of LGoH? Just use Cinderswallow Urn and never do bosses?

Why is leech hit only?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
TIL, one can search for veiled in the stat filter to bring up NPC specific items.

How do DoT-based builds sustain?

There's whole archetypes of builds I'd like to play but I don't see how they're supposed to reasonably bounce back from damage taken.

Bleed
Poison(Assassins don't fully count since you can't rely on kills during bosses)
Chaos DoTs not named Essence Drain
Ignite Prolif

A lot of these look like fun builds. Like Ignite Prolif seems like a good way to make Divine Ire not shit at clearing.

Do you just have to hope your build delivers lots of hits and you stack a ton of LGoH? Just use Cinderswallow Urn and never do bosses?

Why is leech hit only?

ignites have a bunch of uniques with life on ignite/kill iirc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, to people still concerned about porcupines: get some armor. I mean, you should be anyway, it's awesome now with just a granite flask of iron skin and molten shell. But that amount of armor makes those spine explosions turn into tickles.

I didn't have any corpse removal on my phys cyclone build and ~15k armor with flasks up.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
That dps is anemic.

You can ignore the pob dps with perforate. It’s no where near as low as it shows. Sand does need a buff but blood, which is what that pob shows, obliterates bosses. Maybe it only shows the damage of a single spike or something. I’m somewhat hooked on that high block chance after playing it. Challenger is also pretty great.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh, to people still concerned about porcupines: get some armor. I mean, you should be anyway, it's awesome now with just a granite flask of iron skin and molten shell. But that amount of armor makes those spine explosions turn into tickles.

I didn't have any corpse removal on my phys cyclone build and ~15k armor with flasks up.

Granite with +% armor jacked roll is no joke. On my hiero I go from like 4% to 58% phys reduction.

And yes, the porcupines only tickle him.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can ignore the pob dps with perforate. It’s no where near as low as it shows. Sand does need a buff but blood, which is what that pob shows, obliterates bosses. Maybe it only shows the damage of a single spike or something. I’m somewhat hooked on that high block chance after playing it. Challenger is also pretty great.

I’m almost 100% sure perforate damage is per spike (or hit) in POB. However I don’t know how to figure out number of spikes per second. Mechanics of course are obtuse.

I’m building a PoB for the lacerate glad using two siege axes. I’ll post once I’m done. Nowhere near as tanky but the lacerate hit appears to provide good life sustain. Not solved the mana yet; my estimates are 0.4% on one gear piece will fix it.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I switched all the MTX I've been given for free over to my pahfinder. Switched by to slayer for a day and realised without MTX I look like I'm running around with a trash can on my head.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Started using a flask AHK macro, hope I don't get banned!

Divine Ire chaos conversion is strong, enjoying it. Thanks Kythik Kythik for the hookup, way too expensive a build to try out otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought everyone that progresses to the upper tiers of the game uses a flask macro of some sort. Isn't keeping 100% uptime on flasks is a requirement for harder content? I know I found it way easier to progress using ahk. The game will time you out for a little bit and kick you to the login if you spam it for for feeding too many inputs into the game, but I never saw a ban.