Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Highly recommend. Scourge Arrow is a great skill that gets around the problem of other channel and release skills by having Mirage Archer.

I have a Cold Scourge Arrow CI Trickster PoB if you're interested. I plan on league starting with it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's no ED/Contagion but it's no slouch either. During my dry run of my passive tree agnostic leveling guide, which uses Scourge Arrow, I got 330M/hour in blood aqueducts. 300M is my baseline for "great" clearing skilling, but that's subjective.

It certainly takes some practice to know how to charge, aim, release and then move on before the pack has died.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Interesting. I’d planned to start next league using toxic rain. I’d be interested in your build then. I’d like to give a trickster bow skill a shot.

I’d avoided scourge arrow because it looked like Divine Ire - Chaos Edition to me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone used a high end Contagion/ED build? I haven't done one and I have a 90ish Trickster I can respec and I have 10+ ex and some neat items to fuck with. I'd like just an OP Legion/5 way clearing build before season ends for funsies.

I already have a brutality 2hsword cyclone zerker, so I don't want that. I want a real braindead clearer like Arc totems used to be.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's no ED/Contagion but it's no slouch either. During my dry run of my passive tree agnostic leveling guide, which uses Scourge Arrow, I got 330M/hour in blood aqueducts. 300M is my baseline for "great" clearing skilling, but that's subjective.

It certainly takes some practice to know how to charge, aim, release and then move on before the pack has died.

I am getting 300m an hour in red maps on my flicker strike zerker at 87 (as long as I don't die to some of the legion stuff)!

Anyone used a high end Contagion/ED build? I haven't done one and I have a 90ish Trickster I can respec and I have 10+ ex and some neat items to fuck with. I'd like just an OP Legion/5 way clearing build before season ends for funsies.

I already have a brutality 2hsword cyclone zerker, so I don't want that. I want a real braindead clearer like Arc totems used to be.

I played contagion/ed last league so no legion experience but i'm assuming it would do pretty great still. It killed uber elder relatively quickly, not as fast as some of the crazy boss killing builds tho, and not sure how the boss hp on 5man legions compares to UE/Shaper.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

I had a fairly geared EDC shadow this league. Get a multi modded bow, craft +chaos multi gloves and amulet, and a +chaos multi with malevolence watcher's.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I made an ED/Contagion Guardian, but it uses imaginary items. You want my character or the build?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'll definitely be going trickster as it'll just cost me 100 regrets rather than leveling up a new character. Kind of a shame. Cyclone tricksters were fun and I have TWO precursors emblems with max power/frenzy chance. Oh well. Maybe I'll still do something with him. I originally had him discharging but it never quite worked out. I saw a guy on PoE Ninja with delve 400+ who had a similar idea, maybe I'll just end up doing that.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Interesting. I’d planned to start next league using toxic rain. I’d be interested in your build then. I’d like to give a trickster bow skill a shot.

I’d avoided scourge arrow because it looked like Divine Ire - Chaos Edition to me.

Do you actually have to charge Scourge Arrow? DI as a Trickster is a button tap to shoot the laser, no charging actually required for clearing.

I was gonna league start next league with totems again; is Arc really bad now? Never did Arc totems.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gave scourge arrow a try this go around up to the 60's (ish?) and it was fun in outdoor maps, absolutely hated it in any place that had objects. I'm not a huge fan of the concept of mouse release near your character vs far away for pod spaces. Between objects stopping the pods from spawning and that, was a love hate relationship.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, Scourge Arrow definitely still has some mechanical issues. In tight corridor-like maps or those with lots of obstacles, your pods will be eaten. Now, most of the time, you don't need more than one or two to clear a pack, so this isn't an issue. But for a rare fatty that requires a full charge and there's a wall right behind him? Quite annoying.

Another example: Kitava. Do you full charge and let the main arrow(which does a fair amount of damage by itself) miss so that you can aim and place all 5 pods? Or do you let the main arrow hit Kitava and effectively occlude, preventing 2-3 pods from spawning? Or do you stand really far back, hit him with the main arrow, spawn all 5 pods, but then the farther ones have a reduced chance of hitting him with the thorns?

You may not realize this cavalcade of bad choices, but your brain did, and it manifests as "feelsbadman".

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wonder how many people spend all league saving up to buy a HH then 3 days after getting it quit league or move to another build.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A lot. I've read many stories on Reddit where people document grinding them via card farming or just general currency grind/flip and then quit as soon as they get it.

Chase is over and they are burnt out I guess. For some the point is to farm with it, for some the point is just to farm up to get it.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The problem is that when most people imagine HH gameplay they're often influenced by some streamer using a HH, two or three ILs, and fairly GG gear. Also, most of the streamer's maps are rolled specifically for HH play. Finally, some builds benefit more than others from a HH. I know I was disappointed with using a HH until I understood what the streamers were doing. Alone, it's not all that great.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate headhunter. Granted, I’ve never owned one but I’m so tired of it being the chase item for years now. Would be nice to see more variety of end game /Beat the game chase items, and I personally wouldn’t shed a tear if hh was nerfed into the ground never to be seen again

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user