Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I hate headhunter. Granted, I’ve never owned one but I’m so tired of it being the chase item for years now. Would be nice to see more variety of end game /Beat the game chase items, and I personally wouldn’t shed a tear if hh was nerfed into the ground never to be seen again

Concur.

What would other items that are in this vein look like though? I mean what makes HH cool is that it gives you effects that are pretty unique. Short of just adding a few items that are just +1000% increased X instead of the usual +100% increased X, what kind of items should they make?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Concur.

What would other items that are in this vein look like though? I mean what makes HH cool is that it gives you effects that are pretty unique. Short of just adding a few items that are just +1000% increased X instead of the usual +100% increased X, what kind of items should they make?

1000% increased HH effect?

• 1Rimshot
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Other items in the belt slot, that are pretty could and would replace HH if it's removed, would be soulthirst (soul eater) and Bisco's leash(rampage)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chase uniques should be diminishing returns. Unique amulets with +1 curses for example.

HH impinges on design space and should be removed for that reason alone.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
My last chaos spam for the league, 250c spent. Easy 30-40ex.

1565840239189.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Shaper down. New league can start now. Not a fan of doing those fights but went pretty well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying the game. I am clearly not understanding a lot of it despite the D3 background. No gold is odd. Running out of scrolls of wisdom feels odd, so I think I am missing something. Even chat is weird in that I am used to clicking on the chat for item info and direct tells.

Any base advice is welcome as I am just going for a pure fire mage at the moment.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Enjoying the game. I am clearly not understanding a lot of it despite the D3 background. No gold is odd. Running out of scrolls of wisdom feels odd, so I think I am missing something. Even chat is weird in that I am used to clicking on the chat for item info and direct tells.

Any base advice is welcome as I am just going for a pure fire mage at the moment.

Get a proper loot filter, Neversink's is a good start. Running out of wisdom scrolls in a league start type setting is common, but you can sell transmutes/whetstones/armor scraps for wisdom scrolls. Most rares are trash, and unless it has sockets I need I don't bother until the last few acts. Follow a guide, even with mmo/arpg background, the game is horrible about illustrating the mechanics-- an example being more/less vs added/reduced the former being multiplicative and the latter additive.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

You can sell orbs of transmute, armor scraps, and sharpening stones for wisdom scrolls.. Also, don't waste scrolls identifying magic items (blues), only rares

dizzie

Triggered Happy
who else has not logged in for over a month?

Quit the league about 2 weeks after my mirror drop. Sold mirror, bought a headhunter for cards as they were 4.5 ex each at the time. Bought a couple of really nice paradoxicas' crafted an astral and rolled cyclone and blew the game up for 2-3 days and then just quit cause the whole thing was utterly laughable.

It was fun for a day or two and then there was nothing to play for and all the content was a total joke. I could have delved to 5k or something easily but why bother.

I'm not going to play till the new engine in 4.0 but i'm dreading it at the same time as GGG can't code for shit.

Borzak

GGG is hiring programmers now, someone linked it on reddit. Can only hire someone from NZ or Australia and can't hire someone else and have them move there for "reasons".

Borzak

Maybe now that I got shaper down (I didn't put any effort in getting there really) I'll put some time and effort into getting the trials done so i can do uber lab lol. That's how OP cyclone is at the moment, never even got around to doing uber lab.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
During races, some people get to level 100 unascended so that they can pick the subclass that will get them a demi. The power creep in this game is a real issue and WoW Classic vs BFA has kinda opened my eyes to it a bit more.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Carrot and stick games have been battling power creep for years. It is inevitable.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I rolled a bow with t1 crit multi, cold dmg per dex and then regal'd t3 flat phys (I think t3, 25-55ish) and now I dunno what to do with it. Should I just pray to annul the flat phys? Multi-mod it with the phys anyways (I don't think any of the possible multis would be very good tho with 1 prefix 1 suffix craftable since phys rolls and cold per dex don't seem like the best combo)? Yolo a split (does split keep shaped/elder status?)

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So I rolled a bow with t1 crit multi, cold dmg per dex and then regal'd t3 flat phys (I think t3, 25-55ish) and now I dunno what to do with it. Should I just pray to annul the flat phys? Multi-mod it with the phys anyways (I don't think any of the possible multis would be very good tho with 1 prefix 1 suffix craftable since phys rolls and cold per dex don't seem like the best combo)? Yolo a split (does split keep shaped/elder status?)

Can't split shaped/elder items. You'd either have to lock w/e affixes the crit multi+cold dmg are, if they're the same, then scour. Or lock the affix type opposite the flat dmg, if the dmg/dex is a different affix type, and hope the annul hits--it can hit the damn crafted mod though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone do arc or arc totems since they nerfed the range? Going totem Hiero for a league start and figuring out what skill I want. Did freezing pulse last time, which was quite strong, but want to change it up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm currently messing around on a Ice Spear Cold-to-Fire Chieftain totem build. It's pretty insane damage, but Chieftain doesn't have as many totem quality of life stuff Hiero does. Arc should be fine, the range is still basically your entire screen. If arc doesn't work you can always do spark totems which are pretty good too.

And you might want to try out a 6 link sire of shards if you can get one for your totems if you go non-arc. Better clear for legions and you can just weapon swap to another staff for single target stuffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user