Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Arc seemed fine when I dicked around with my decently geared standard character.

I actually would be ok with a slight tune down, but the power creep does allow those of us with limited time to get shit done. And I understand “this isn’t a game for you then” mentality with regards to time allowed to play. But eh, GGG is a business.

Definitely felt more D3 this league in that you could reasonably be done with most of your shit a couple weeks in.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Arc's chain range was reduced to 25 units in 3.6, it's definitely not screen length.

Chain range. The initial cast is still wherever you aim it on your screen. So it can't off-screen clear much anymore, but it's still more than enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fair enough. I just wanted to temper the expectations of someone that sounded like they haven't touched Arc since it was dumpstered. The chain range needs to be bumped or it needs to be scaled by some stat the player can control.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Quit the league about 2 weeks after my mirror drop. Sold mirror, bought a headhunter for cards as they were 4.5 ex each at the time. Bought a couple of really nice paradoxicas' crafted an astral and rolled cyclone and blew the game up for 2-3 days and then just quit cause the whole thing was utterly laughable.

It was fun for a day or two and then there was nothing to play for and all the content was a total joke. I could have delved to 5k or something easily but why bother.

I'm not going to play till the new engine in 4.0 but i'm dreading it at the same time as GGG can't code for shit.

Still have the HH? Never tried one, would like to...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Sell off that conversion gear set, it should get you damn close to enough. HH would be better on a cyclone character anyway.

I've got a cyclone slayer, just wanted to throw it on him and see how it is.

Still playing the DI conversion char!

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I've got a cyclone slayer, just wanted to throw it on him and see how it is.

Still playing the DI conversion char!

Well, you're more than welcome to sell it off at any time if it'll get you close to a HH. Maybe someone that quit already still has some of the 100exalts I put in the gstash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I dont see many online anymore. I just fuck around on the DI trickster and ponder what to do next league.

Might even play D3 next week for a minute...

Caeden

Yeah. I’m about done. Gonna try out ice crash in a big boy fight then I’m out. All told, fun league. Roughly earned about 40ex this league which was high for me. Dipped heavily into essence spam crafting and fossil crafting to make most of that.

Also first league I tried my own build with divine ire totems and took up to killing UE. Clear was meh but shocking bosses and watching 5 cannons explode was very fun.

Cyclone was fantastic; gonna miss that shit. Ed did it’s job but I won’t touch that shit for a while unless it’s just ridiculous for the next league mechanic. Ice Crash jugg has been fun but way too slow. Peters around at 225-250M per hour. You don’t die though.

I’m down for nerfing HH into the ground though. But I loved the currency flow this league and the mechanic was great. Hopefully we get something a little more complex that has similar repeatability to it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Legion going core. Forum - Development Manifesto - Legion as a Core Game Mechanic - Path of Exile

We are adding Legion encounters as map content with a 10% chance to occur (similar to Breach or Abyss). Only one Timeless Monolith can occur from this chance, however there may be additional ones in an area from other sources.

We've decided to leave it out of the campaign content (pre-map levelling) as the campaign is already very busy and this content would be a lot to stack on top.

Handily, the Legion mechanic was one that could be comfortably integrated into existing game elements almost immediately, rather than requiring a lot of extra work. Thus, Legion can also be accessed through the following sources:

• Sextant Affixes
  • Legion Scarabs
  • Delve
  • As a room in the Temple of Atzoatl

In Betrayal Safehouses, Vagan will give rewards based on Legion, including Legion Scarabs and Timeless Splinters. You'll also find Legion rewards in chests hidden behind walls in the Azurite Mine.

We also plan to add a Zana mod for Legion encounters at the Map Device in future releases (but not for 3.8.0).

In Legion we experimented with end game content that could be played endlessly. Players responded very positively to being able to play the Domain of Timeless Conflict content indefinitely if their build was capable of doing so. This will remain when Legion is added to the core game.

We will, however, be adding a diminishing return for rewards from monsters from the encounter. The intent here is to normalise rewards somewhat, so that every player experiencing this content gets good rewards, and character power doesn't have as significant an impact on how valuable Domain of Timeless Conflict encounters are.

To that end, we have increased the rewards for the first cycle of monsters, reducing them each revive cycle. Rewards from Legion Generals will not diminish, but the rewards from other monsters will diminish. We will not be adding a diminishing return for experience gained from the ongoing encounters.

The basic Legion chest and encounter rewards will largely be the same. Breach rewards will give fewer Breachstones, in part because they were a little too common, but also to keep these two sets of special map encounters separate. We want most of your Breach splinters to come from Breach!

Additional Incubators have been added, increasing the variety of rewards they can offer. [\spoiler]

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mostly rational choices, even surprised to see them augmenting older content with Legion content.

However, mostly spoiled by them nerfing content(Timeless Domain) instead of Headhunter. Get rid of the fucking item already or we're just going to be having this conversation again.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Couldn't they just shorten the HH buff to 5 seconds or something similar to a flask and call it a day?

Caeden

I don’t get the hardon they have for HH. They have nerfed PP, inpulsa’s, skill gems, and ascendancies for way less power imbalance.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They could really pump up the interaction chance with legion and drop off or reduce the change to run into synthesis in my opinion. I liked the way they did incursion. Want to do it it's there, don't want to just keep moving.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
They’re probably afraid they’ll lose tons of tryhard streamers and their fanbases the moment they touch hh. Most of us play path of exile but there’s a not insignificant % of the population that play ‘grind to hh’

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to reading about people finding the new loophole for farming legion that’s in there somewhere. For everyone else it’s probably just going to be a breach situation. Hit it when it pops, get a splinter or two and sell a couple emblems two months into the league. Putting it in the temple would be ok if it replaced the shitty breach room but I’m not a fan of further diluting that pool. Hopefully the new league is good and it won’t matter. No ones going to care if the usual autists are exploiting the shit out of legion as long as the new mechanic is rewarding.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They’re probably afraid they’ll lose tons of tryhard streamers and their fanbases the moment they touch hh. Most of us play path of exile but there’s a not insignificant % of the population that play ‘grind to hh’
I sincerely doubt that. Streamers get HH relatively early if that's one of their goals. The rarity nerfs affected them very little.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I thought the HH was more common, despite the rarity change, than any other league; ~40% of the 95-100 character snapshots had one. Legion content was just amazing for HH and I doubt any previous league had highlighted the item as this one has. Still, I'd prefer HH to be nerfed or made Bisco's leash common. I'd also like MF to be removed. But, as long as MF/HH are the in-game, being try-hard loser, I feel obligated to use both.

We will, however, be adding a diminishing return for rewards from monsters from the encounter. The intent here is to normalise rewards somewhat, so that every player experiencing this content gets good rewards, and character power doesn't have as significant an impact on how valuable Domain of Timeless Conflict encounters are.

fucking 5ways were already a loss running insane gear and using a pro spawner.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Time-based snapshots of supply and price could allow you to extrapolate effective rarity. I don't know if that data exists.

And, yes, I agree, HH and MF gear should be removed. HH because it restricts design space. And both because they increase "drops per map".