Path of Exile

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think i'll probably play poison assassin. I've played summoner before, it's fun and easy. My favorite playstyle in an ARPG was the jade harvester witch doctor in D3. ED/contagion is similar but it gets boring (outside of how it cleared legion). I'm hoping assassin does it better (and better single target). I've never played assassin subclass and I generally play more witch subclasses anyways, so it's a welcome change.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why cyclone as a trigger instead of ball lightning or storm brand?
It's less annoying to setup, can use claws to get life on hit and you can link fortify to it and move while attacking, I'd guess. I saw quite a few HoA builds use cyclone but haven't really looked into them and why, HoA builds look boring to me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe, but deathmark support might fix a lot of hoag retardation.
I meant more there's little to do but keep the poisons up and wait for it. I played a lot of summons but for some reason, I don't like the passive ones much. I like pressing some buttons, even if they don't do too much. I like casting curses(via curse on hit spells obv for that sweet EE double dipping), I like recasting offerings, I like using convocation to move shit around, I like summoning SRS or Skeletons or AW and stuff like that. HoA though feels kinda boring, like you press stormbrand once or cyclone around and shit dies and that's about it. Mind you a lot of people love that and automate as many things as possible and that's cool, I just don't like that aspect of minions so HoA looked like the most boring to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It definitely can be passive and boring. My hang up is that it doesn't keep up with your casts, making feel like you're dragging the minion along. Tons of minion speed will be needed to fix that though.

How do you double dip EE?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I meant double dipping with a lightning spell cast applying both the curse and EE for your shit, no actual double dipping mechanics stuff.

On that subject is Storm Brand still good after the nerf, iirc it was nerfed pretty bad. I don't mean for damage but for like, applying shit. I'll probably figure it out since I guess I'll be leveling with it anyway just not sure how bad the nerfs were for it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I'm life stealing a ton with cyclone. Gloves can come with lvl 20 faster attacks and poison, with even more attack speed.

Scourge + victario's charity.

I have enfeeble, immortal call and flesh offering on cast when dmg taken. Feels great with fully buffed crawler.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Balance manifesto

Bunch of stuff but one notable for minions, they increased base accuracy of minions A LOT. Based on what they're saying, at lvl 20, minions basically got a lvl 20 precision aura worth of base accuracy added, pushing them from ~50% chance to hit a 84 monster to 80%. Very easy to hit 95+% chance to hit or even 100% with precision(even not a fully leveled one, and doesn't need generosity anymore either).

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Will say losing that 2% regen from Invoker is kinda shitty. The Bones of Ullr change also is a wait and see thing, just depends when all these minion gems get the bonus to max minions.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I meant double dipping with a lightning spell cast applying both the curse and EE for your shit, no actual double dipping mechanics stuff.

On that subject is Storm Brand still good after the nerf, iirc it was nerfed pretty bad. I don't mean for damage but for like, applying shit. I'll probably figure it out since I guess I'll be leveling with it anyway just not sure how bad the nerfs were for it.
I used storm brand to apply curses quite a bit last league when dicking around with Divine Ire on trickster and Divine Ire Totem Heiro. I also used traps to apply infusion via....wave of conviction? I'm terrible at remembering skill names.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Will say losing that 2% regen from Invoker is kinda shitty. The Bones of Ullr change also is a wait and see thing, just depends when all these minion gems get the bonus to max minions.
There's more minion life regen on the tree, although the nodes kinda suck. Don't think it'll matter too much with the existing life regen nodes that I took anyway, and the 20% more life on bone shield and the global +minion shit will probably be pretty close to evenining out by increasing max hp making existing life regen better. And the actual bone shield skill absorbing a bunch of damage too, it's a 2200damage shield every ~4seconds if popped on cd. Oh and convocation is % based now so that might also even out(for minions that are affected).

Also for all your non minion MFers, that poet pen's buff is pretty nice, especially with various corpse stuff buffs. 50% more life on corpses and shit. And Bodyswap changes, whatever they mean.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Poets Pen is going to be silly again and using it with HH and 2 IL's should be meta once again.

Only thing holding me back from Assassin is they dont spread the poison like a Pathfinder and using Bino's which is how we used to proliferate poison using southbound gloves absolutely sucks now so it isnt an option.

Caliane

dead reckoning is not one of the Threshold jewel quest rewards right?
(skel mage jewel)