Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
So with PP you need to stack proj speed now, I assume. Not sure how much you need for say, barrage. They made it so it fires on hit, not on attack. So you're going to need attack speed and proj speed, but the closer you are to a target the closer to the proc limit you'll be.

Also does anyone actually know wtf is happening with summoning. I played hundreds of hours of spectre summoners and I have no idea what it means really. Bones of Ullr no longer +1 spec, but gems will add +1 specs based on level. Adding levels to spectres helps their accuracy/defense versus mobs but spell casting spectres already always hit and with soul eater gems they never died anyways. Not sure what we're truly getting out of +1 spec level except if some one is oddly using melee spectres.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They didn't release the stats or abilities of the new carrion golems yet did they?
Gem stats are tomorrow iirc, they have a roadmap of stuff, today is patch notes+skill tree JSON, I think tomorrow gem details, then I forgot.

Judging by the design though it'll most likely be a must have for any minion build other than golem builds, but I don't know how good it'll be as a main summon even with scaling damage, because generally you'd do a golem build obviously since they're golems, but they also need other minions to get more power. Maybe you can get enough zombies to make them good and do a standard golem build, we'll see I guess

In my necro build though I'm pretty much guaranteed taking the golem node and using both carrion for damage aura and stone for life regen. The node is fairly easy to access(in the top area of witch, you path close to it when going for Death Attunement anyway) and gives a shit ton of "golem buff effect%" stat too which is going to be a lot of life regen and more phys damage stuff. I'm just not sure if I want to use supports on carrion and have it be a beast or run supported zombies instead, guess I'll have to improvise a bunch depending on how feeding frenzy zombies feel like and how a long golem does.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Golem buffs don't stack. The meta is going fire or ice golem, ice is the more common one recently fire is an older build, and getting 1 of each of the others for buffs. It is possible the new carrion is better, or the new chaos or whatever it's unclear just yet since they're changing stats. Even with gem info tbh it'll be hard to tell until people test it out/datamine the stats that are available, minion comparisons fucking suck since you can't see minion stats.

That said like most summon builds, you can probably pick whatever and clear everything just fine.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You'll now appear in your Hideout (rather than Town) if you die to the Elder or one of its Guardians.

Fuckin finally

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
so i wont be playing this league, but please do hollar if this league is much better than it appears once you guys get on it. I might play then, but not hard core. I got other shit to do and tower defense is gay as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So with PP you need to stack proj speed now, I assume. Not sure how much you need for say, barrage. They made it so it fires on hit, not on attack. So you're going to need attack speed and proj speed, but the closer you are to a target the closer to the proc limit you'll be.

Also does anyone actually know wtf is happening with summoning. I played hundreds of hours of spectre summoners and I have no idea what it means really. Bones of Ullr no longer +1 spec, but gems will add +1 specs based on level. Adding levels to spectres helps their accuracy/defense versus mobs but spell casting spectres already always hit and with soul eater gems they never died anyways. Not sure what we're truly getting out of +1 spec level except if some one is oddly using melee spectres.
Where does pp say on hit?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Where does pp say on hit?
I was wrong.

"It now only triggers on finishing an attack, rather than starting an attack, because of animation canceling. "

I had assumed that it meant when the attack hits, but it just means when the animation for each attack finishes. So proj speed is irrelevant.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Patch notes out. I guess you must have a mana flask now if you want to be a caster. One master mission per day per master. No limit on how many you can accumulate as long as you log in everday. Killing the boss of a map gives you a chance to earn an extra masters mission. Fewer random masters on maps.

Mana Rebalance

• We have taken a broad look at the state of Mana in Path of Exile, and rebalanced a lot of elements, with the goal of closing the gap between characters with a little investment in Mana and characters that are almost singularly invested in Mana.
  • We've also removed (from temporary leagues, at least) the last vestiges of Mana leech available to spellcasters. We want Mana to be the caster equivalent of Accuracy -- something for which a little investment goes a long way to solving the 'feel' of your character.
  • We've rebalanced Mana Flasks game-wide, provided more and greater sources of mana on many items, and rebalanced many sources of increased mana on the passive tree. Check the various sections below to see what has changed!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Patch notes a week after release:

Every monster will now cast a 90% mana drain on it's initial attack.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're definitely pushing the mana flasks with all the nerfs. Can probably get good enough regen with new max clarity and a high mana pool but you'll also need to unreserve shit to get some leeway, or have to sacrifice a flask slot to fix it, which is kinda weird. The mana flask node close to witch start is pretty good but it's 3 points to make mana flasks not shit though which feels pretty bad. 20%less charges, 1charge per 3secs and remove ailments on use is pretty nice though especially since you can roll a new mod on them to make them not stop at full mana(so virtually means you have permanent mana flasks running, fixing all mana issues easily).

Minions got a bunch of changes/nerfs that weren't too expected. Zombies losing Violent Dead is a pretty big oof to my plan of using zombies as main clearing, will probably need to fit in spectres again. In general it sounds like a shit change not sure why they'd remove the jewels, it's not like zombies were insane. Might still clear fine I'll have to see I guess. Vis Mortis nerf was a bit unexpected, makes spectres builds much more reliant on these elusive +1 spectre delve rare chests. Unless they removed these and forgot to mention it too.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The mana flask node close to witch start is pretty good but it's 3 points to make mana flasks not shit though which feels pretty bad. 20%less charges, 1charge per 3secs and remove ailments on use is pretty nice though especially since you can roll a new mod on them to make them not stop at full mana(so virtually means you have permanent mana flasks running, fixing all mana issues easily).

Problem with the node is removing an ailment on use doesnt make you immune to it for flask duration.

Caliane

They should take a bit of a lesson from Last Epoch.

you can use skills when at 0 mana, but get a 90% less damage debuff.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mana isn’t an issue just use clarity with - cost to skills watchers eye along with rings or rings and neck with - mana cost craft from veiled crafting.

The hit for mana which hurts is the watchers eye mod removed for clarity for channeled skills. Even then it’s not that big of a deal

Also wtf vicious projectiles??? Fucking Toxic Rain was already OP with no gear this is an awesome buff.