Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure there's some user error involved, I only do UE once per league because the fight is financially not worth the long effort, so I was a bit rusty. I was concentrating on avoiding shit myself, deathmarking targets and they would die while I was focusing on that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone planned an ignite build in PoB this patch? I can't figure out a few things:

Where the fuck is it storing damage of time multipliers? The calc page doesn't seem to directly mention them anywhere.

I was planning a Divine Ire Ignite prolif build(only way to play Divine Ire IMO) and I do not understand why taking "increased fire damage" nodes lowers my ignite dps.

Would love a 3.8 guide for a crit-based ignite character. There aren't a whole lot of builds to copycat on poe.ninja. Dead league is dead.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Minions are so OP this patch that it's quite jarring when their lone weakness rears its head: retarded AI. Took 4 portals to do UE because my skittish Slave Drivers kept eating Elder donuts and Shaper beams. Convoking wouldn't help because they'd run the fuck back into the danger zone almost immediately. Even my AG died and he was set to defensive via Meatshield.

Got a watcher's eye that's worth a ton. Precision crit multi + Hatred added cold. Put it up for 25 ex and got a tell instantly. Upped it to 40 ex because I'm greedy.

If I can't easily resummon during a fight, is there a reason a minion shouldn't be invulnerable?

Debating switching to Zombies but I feel like that would be a downgrade in clear and single target. Anyone care to comment on how Zombies feel vs Slave Drivers?

I want to try some Ignite prolif but I still haven't figured out the sustain issue.
I literally just did this and got the most worthless eye to ever be made. Same thing with the minions eating everything and for some reason it gets into this cycle of them sucking so bad and they just can't break out of it.

I use SD, zombies, skitters, and skeletons + a stone golem but thinking on moving it to an AG. It works out real well when the SD's die the zombies usually survive.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of hard to believe still almost 2 full months left in league before another one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm already on my "finish challenges" build. Going to try a divine ire ignite prolif build. Bit worried about sustain, bit worried about boss damage. It's only ~2M shaper dps.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I only ever do the 25 or 24...whatever. Never care to do the 36. So I’m about done with league. May try one more build but the clear on bladestorm has left me blah. It’s a great ability when geared out, imo. The problem remains that minions and any ranged are just flat better. And the only way to fix that is to fundamentally redesign to where clear speed is either not meta or is somehow normalized. Tall order either way.

Might be time to try grim dawn for a month.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm at 23, I need to get the 24th done just ugh.

Maybe I can have fun and make an character named FreeHongKong

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I would go with something along the lines of MeiSupportsHongKong because making Mei, the Chinese Overwatch character, into a Hong Kong independence figure is just too funny. But, this may be the first league that I don't even go for 24--maybe I farmed too hard the last league.

They nerf Worb/SB due to clear speed and bossing but then give us a faster mapper that's probably a better-bossing build. I absolutely love SD specters. I even went with an over-geared AG with +3 curses to apply ele weakness on hit and kingmaker but it's way overkill.

I'm thinking about saving my blighted maps and respeccing to a necro VD poet's build just to see if I can afk them with the build--that is before the atk/cast speed per corpse consumed ascendancy is nerfed with a cap.

This PoB fork looks promising!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
VD poet's pen looks slow as shit.

And big disagree on Slave Drivers being faster than old WOrb. It's true that I've gotten my best BA times on this build, tied with static strike, that map is tailor made for Slave Drivers. Any map with walls, twists and turns, or an open layout, and they suffer noticeably where an old WOrb build with pops chugged right along. Not to say they aren't great for overall clearing, they are, but I wouldn't put them top tier.

Great for bossing, dps specifically. I think this was the first time I've prevented Chimera from doing any of his smoke phase. However, minions still gonna minion. They mitigated the retarded ai with boosts to minion movement speed and targeting range("aggressive") but they are still retarded minions. I hate that feeling like you're dragging your idiot dog on walk but he has to stop and smell every car. Slave Driver AI is worse because they have skittish AI.

Minion builds suffer from not feeling like you're projecting your power. So even though my Slave Driver Mana Guardian was pretty well geared, only need a Clarity Watcher's Eye, I'm probably going to switch a Divine Ire Ignite Elementalist. A quarter of the dps but perhaps much more fun! Or maybe I'll switch him to Baron Zombies, idk. Wicked Ward did not turn out as reliable as I'd hoped. It was still hard as hell to kill my guardian, but those time where I knew I wasn't getting any sustain was clenchy.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The VD build would be just to see if I can afk blight maps and maybe deep delving--the build improves on the poet's deep delve strat. I would not be doing regular mapping on it.

I disagree and believe that Mistress of Sacrifice with shield charge is faster than worb. Sure, it's anecdotal but I play zoomzoom builds as my usual goto. IMO, the map obstacle/type argument is moot due to one picking their farmed maps.

As for the AI, I have found none of my previous complaints. I SC through maps, everything dies, maybe 30mobs left up that I missed. The one UE fight I did was fine--no specter deaths and fast fight. I have yet to get any synth or delve bosses so my experience may change.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't the VD build rely on pathfinder flask immunity that's been nerfed?

I'm not seeing how Mistress of Sacrifice is that big a deal. It's just some extra attack and move speed for you, right? Approximately equal to Onslaught?

I'm close to being done with a league once I pick a map to elder and farm, so map variety is important to me.

I have trouble trust the slave drivers kill everything in my wake, I guess. I'm a bit picky about being able to see everything die instead of trust it to die offscreen in the time it takes me to shield charge and leash them again.

I'm really surprised at the range of responses on spectres. Dropped like flies or died not at all. Like those times you're dealing with shaper immune and an elder donut. How do you prevent them from eating shaper beams or balls?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The current VD build uses Necomancer abusing Corpse Pact's unlimited cast speed. I suspect it's best for deep delving, using the stand back and summon balls strat that was popular before the PP nerf.

Mistress gives about 25% of both and stacks with every other source. I'm at 170% movement--which can be improved upon--and 270% with shield charge.

I saved convocation for the beams. Shaper balls didn't seem to be an issue at all. This was before I ran an AG.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, my mana guardian is at 162% move speed. I couldn't fit the links for shield charge though, too much other shit. I'm not sure I want it anyway, the pathing on that skill is fucking horrible.

I'm sure I could mitigate spectres dieing on Uber Elder with some practice, I just don't care. I don't do the fight enough and on principle, you shouldn't crippled on a fight due to dumb AI.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone quitting this league has a few exalts they don't care about I would appreciate them. I'm slowly trying to build up enough Ex from all my rolls into standard to purchase my first Headhunter there.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are probably a few people in this thread with HHs rotting in standard that they will likely just give you, if not let you borrow.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would go with something along the lines of MeiSupportsHongKong because making Mei, the Chinese Overwatch character, into a Hong Kong independence figure is just too funny. But, this may be the first league that I don't even go for 24--maybe I farmed too hard the last league.

They nerf Worb/SB due to clear speed and bossing but then give us a faster mapper that's probably a better-bossing build. I absolutely love SD specters. I even went with an over-geared AG with +3 curses to apply ele weakness on hit and kingmaker but it's way overkill.

I'm thinking about saving my blighted maps and respeccing to a necro VD poet's build just to see if I can afk them with the build--that is before the atk/cast speed per corpse consumed ascendancy is nerfed with a cap.

This PoB fork looks promising!

Theres another inference you can take from that name too. Měi 美 in chinese means beautiful but is also the first character in america (Mĕiguó 美国 ) so it could also mean america supports hongkong.

I got like 26 challenges done but thats cause i really wanted the portal skin, could give a rats ass about another set of wings though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I probably have come currency on standard I could throw you as well. Granted, not too much since I usually give it out when I quit.