Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No idea. I started a spectre build and was following a build linked on the forums. Half way thru he deleted it lol. I have the PoB but all the variations were in the build guide.

Also would be curious how effective "taunt on hit" is for a minion.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No idea. I started a spectre build and was following a build linked on the forums. Half way thru he deleted it lol. I have the PoB but all the variations were in the build guide.

Also would be curious how effective "taunt on hit" is for a minion.
When you have a bunch it is very effective to just keep them distracted. I am running one with a much lower percentage right now just to give it an option and on bosses with 38 vaal skeletons, 5 specters, 10 zombies, 10 regular skeletons, 2 skitterbots, and 1 golem the boss never looks my way.

Borzak

My eyes would hurt just seeing that much on the screen at once lol. I made 100c selling a magic jewel I got on my necro in act 5. I may go back and actually buy some starter gear for my poison pathfinder guy. In my totally non secientific just start mapping guy seemed like cobra lash was more effective than venom gyre.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just put meat shield support on your zombies instead of feeding frenzy if you want taunt. Feeding frenzy should be on your spectres while clearing since you want them aggressive.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone got the apply an additional curse craft?

I’m thinking of adding elemental weakness and conductivity to my brand curse on hit setup. This is pure dps greed

Borzak

I guess cause it's Friday night the pickings in trade were pretty slim. Guess I need to be a bigger baller. Few results and even fewer answering whispers.

Borzak

Yeah I liked it better than venom gyre. The only thing venom gyre had was the whirling blades holding and shooting them out again. It was too situational to be of any value tho.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Almost done with the achievement farming, took a while but getting there. Took 450ish chance+regret to get a unique chanced(I spend like 100 chance every league since basically the start of leagues and never got one before), fused a qotf to 6L in 210fusings so that one was nice, got the pvp stuff done so now the only achievement left is finding a unique off hillock. I guess I'll just setup an onigoroshi farm and see if I get something else first.

Thought the Alva/Jun one would take longer but I was apparently one room/kill away from both being at max rank(rank 3 aisling and the item quantity lvl 3 room did it in the very next temple and within only a few Jun daillies I had banked up).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Killed Uber Elder for the first time just now and only got Voidforge. Took 3 deaths and that's mainly because absolutely no experience, no videos, went in blind. Also just a lot on the screen and I let my slave drivers die by not convoking them often enough.

Caeden

UE is probably my favorite fight in an ARPG ever. I actually enjoy the mastermind fight too. Meh on Uber Atziri.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally got my Hillock unique drop, Araku Tiki, 4 Scions lvl ~7.5 so must not be too too far from an Onigoroshi. Now 120/120 achievements, time to go play another game.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Minions are so OP this patch that it's quite jarring when their lone weakness rears its head: retarded AI. Took 4 portals to do UE because my skittish Slave Drivers kept eating Elder donuts and Shaper beams. Convoking wouldn't help because they'd run the fuck back into the danger zone almost immediately. Even my AG died and he was set to defensive via Meatshield.

Got a watcher's eye that's worth a ton. Precision crit multi + Hatred added cold. Put it up for 25 ex and got a tell instantly. Upped it to 40 ex because I'm greedy.

If I can't easily resummon during a fight, is there a reason a minion shouldn't be invulnerable?

Debating switching to Zombies but I feel like that would be a downgrade in clear and single target. Anyone care to comment on how Zombies feel vs Slave Drivers?

I want to try some Ignite prolif but I still haven't figured out the sustain issue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The reason is forcing people to invest at least SOME points into defensive stats. I did UE twice this league with Heralds and I don't think any of them lost any health, just ES from Spirit offering. Obviously can't use spirit with slave drivers, although arguably, you don't NEED the cast speed from flesh offering to phase them instantly so you could just use spirit or bone to make your shit not die and clear like that. Also are they resist capped? It's easy to not have capped resists on minions, which make a huge difference(baseline is 40 and you get like 10 or 15 or whatever from Sacrifice but if you don't go for other defensive nodes and don't have any other sources like jewels/wand, that's a shitton of missing resists)

Zombies with proper build single target will be a lot more than spectres. However clear wise I wanna say it'd be a lot worse, but I haven't actually played fully scaled zombies(and especially this patch). It's probably not that bad though, just tied to convocation more so than spectres, because zombies can't keep up and aren't ranged.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, the slave drivers are resist capped, I made sure of that via PoB since they have odd resists compared to the usual spectre(more lightning, less fire and cold). They even have +5 max resist from Elemental Army. Spirit Offering is not bad but I'm also not sure how much that would help. You'd have to be casting that quite often.

I"m more annoyed with how annoying Spectres are to resummon, and holy fuck did they sound annoying pre 3.8, it's part of the reason I never played summoners before this patch. If they *can* die, you have to assume they are going to at some point despite your best efforts. And it's at that point, being stuck in the middle of a fight with no spectres due to stupid AI, that not being able to easily resummon them feelsbadman.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finishing last challenges, heres my defensive stats with 25% physical taken as chaos and 50% elemental taken as chaos from Divine Flesh -

1570455228990.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes, the slave drivers are resist capped, I made sure of that via PoB since they have odd resists compared to the usual spectre(more lightning, less fire and cold). They even have +5 max resist from Elemental Army. Spirit Offering is not bad but I'm also not sure how much that would help. You'd have to be casting that quite often.

I"m more annoyed with how annoying Spectres are to resummon, and holy fuck did they sound annoying pre 3.8, it's part of the reason I never played summoners before this patch. If they *can* die, you have to assume they are going to at some point despite your best efforts. And it's at that point, being stuck in the middle of a fight with no spectres due to stupid AI, that not being able to easily resummon them feelsbadman.
Oh yeah they sucked even more before but even now they still kinda suck. Spirit offering might not help much if they're resist capped since they probably don' t have the biggest hp pool, worked better on heralds since they're big bois, they have like 100k life iirc or some shit so % of that as ES is some big amount, and I use offering about every 4secs from the trigger cooldown. Bone offering would maybe be better in this case, although it's kinda rng based if you block the big hits or not. Ultimately hard to say I haven't played with squishy spectres in a while and while they did die back then my build was way weaker than current builds due to older trees and shit. This league I played heralds which as I've said were tanky as fuck, and used spirit offering, they only died once, again Vaal temple boss when I killed the boss in the wrong order and somehow the last boss didn't die fast, the phys rain of death murdererd all my shit(including my AG, luckily it was before I put a kingmaker on him).

Caeden

Crazy. I’ve done UE a few times this league and never lost a spectre. Granted the fight is phasing in rapid fashion due to the OP nature but still.

I’m using zombies with meat shield then I summon skeles that have feeding frenzy, phys-light, and elemental army that applies exposure then the spectres just pistol whip everything into submission. I’ve had a zombie or two die and the skeles are cannon fodder usually.

My dead minion on UE is always the damn carrion golem. Not even sure I should bother with him really.