Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if I’m so automatic with convocation is why I’ve never had a slave driver death on either fight. I am using deathmark on slave drivers but feeding frenzy on my skeles. I felt like he always raped my skeles. NBD. I used skeles as my “cast” skill.

I’ve been running zombies with minion life and meat shield and I feel like they do a great job of keeping shit off me and my heavy hitters too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I always press Brand Recall on cooldown whenever I play those builds(is there a stat-stacking build for spells?!?), but I try to be conservative with Convocation. I was hesitant playing a summoner partly for that reason because I want the cooldown on Brand Recall even lower. But because minions can move by themselves, and of course they're now turbo charged in 3.8, the current cooldown on Convocation is mostly ok. Probably could be better for certain minions on certain fights.

I think I only lost one on Shaper.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah Caeden Caeden the convocation button is mashed nonstop and like Deathwing Deathwing I almost never ever lose any slave drivers.

The only time I lose any is on Uber Elder right now and I usually lose all of them but I have only done that fight twice ever and they were both this week.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My first one shaped

1570757792133.png

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shout out to Big Kythik Kythik and Big dizzie dizzie !

My first map had a Legion monolith, and I can see why people love HH. It is hilarious seeing your movespeed go to ludicrous speed and giant character. Can't wait to see how Inspired Learning and Temp Chains make it.

1570763147063.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I went insane on Animate Guardian with 5 EX almost in gear. So far it feels like cheating.

Permanent fortify and culling strike ....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I fit 1 Inspired Learning into this build. I suppose when I get bored of this I will have to make a Tornado Shot Deadeye or something.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I went insane on Animate Guardian with 5 EX almost in gear. So far it feels like cheating.

Permanent fortify and culling strike ....

I did kingmaker and +3 curses for ele weakness on hit--I have not looked to see if that would over cap or I'd be using enfeeble. It's an I win button. With a diadem and desecrate on a trigger, I have died less than any other build. The necro build has become one of my favorites I've played. Depending on the nerfs, I'll probably run it as my league starter.; it can kill shaper/elder with a tabula and stack IIQ for early league faring. Also, it's a damn zoom zoom build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do you guys get over the "projection of power"? I'm not disagreeing that minions are OP in many if not all aspects. Just feels boring to play because you're not doing to pointing and clicking to kill shit. For a long term farming, I don't think I could play this type of build.

I *really* wanted to a try a Baron Guardian build as stat-stacking builds seem the best for sinking tons of currency(got 30ex for that watcher's eye). Decided to make a Cyclone CoC Ice Nova Assassin instead, to celebrate the return of superior shatter sound.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did kingmaker and +3 curses for ele weakness on hit--I have not looked to see if that would over cap or I'd be using enfeeble. It's an I win button. With a diadem and desecrate on a trigger, I have died less than any other build. The necro build has become one of my favorites I've played. Depending on the nerfs, I'll probably run it as my league starter.; it can kill shaper/elder with a tabula and stack IIQ for early league faring. Also, it's a damn zoom zoom build.

Unless they go crazy with the nerfs and nerf a bunch of utility/qol, summoner will probably be fine. If they nerf damage left and right that'll be fine, I'd say 95% of necro/summoner current power comes from all the qol over time they've added rather than numbers. Convocation is just so so much better than it was like last year and before, it's easy to cap accuracy without needing something retarded like abyss gloves(recently-ish) or a shield+necro aegis, you get quite a lot of minion movespeed directly and indirectly without having to use the shit gem, spectres scale so much better(although I could see a nerf directed at that), having an additional bar is great, making stuff agressive or defensive is just great and while it's on support the supports are good anyway and those neat new wands.

It's just a lot more fun and easy to play summoner and doesn't feel like a chore for a large part of it anymore, hell even early leveling isn't as bad anymore(still the worst part, but as soon as you hit that spectre and carrion golem level you start flying anyway so no big deal and I've yet to check skeletons melee splash leveling).

Like I'm fairly sure they can nerf damage by 30-40% and there will still be enough anyway so as long as they don't go nerfing shit like how many skeletons you spawn per cast, convocation cooldown or minions gaining charges or whatever other stupid idea they could get, it'll be ok.

If I had to say, I think they'll nerf spectres(probably 1 less from gem, so 1 until 15, 2 until 30, 3 at 31 or something like that), they'll nerf feeding frenzy general buff and put some/all of the nerf back onto the gem itself so it buffs the supported minion more, I think they might finally remove EE which honestly would have made a lot of sense already since they added elemental army, they'll nerf Convoking Wands droprate probably(not a big deal though they're pretty easy to craft), I could easily see Mistress go back to 50% yet again, and I assume they'll be nerfing Baron one way or another, either directly or the interaction with various other uniques like Geofri's chest, Shaper gloves and the helm you can put on your AG that gives like 3k more ES and shit like that. The baron guardian setup gets pretty retarded on EHP and unlike many other such defensive builds, it actually outputs several shapers per second.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
How do you guys get over the "projection of power"? I'm not disagreeing that minions are OP in many if not all aspects. Just feels boring to play because you're not doing to pointing and clicking to kill shit. For a long term farming, I don't think I could play this type of build.

I *really* wanted to a try a Baron Guardian build as stat-stacking builds seem the best for sinking tons of currency(got 30ex for that watcher's eye). Decided to make a Cyclone CoC Ice Nova Assassin instead, to celebrate the return of superior shatter sound.

I prefer builds that move and damage to reduce the number of clicks and time per map. To me, the gameplay felt the same as brands and worb (minus the need to charge). As long as shit dies and I get loot I'm happy; or no loot because it's all filtered.

I'm a heathen that plays with all sound, other than loot drops, turned off.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

This is giving me the time to actually experience encounters to see how and when to dodge. I have seen some videos from time to time but experiencing it helps solidify it stronger for me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's crazy, I've been spectre summoner for YEARS, and the real power creep for summoners this league:

Zombies.

Their fucking AE cooldown, damage, and radius is just insane. You used to have to have two jewels to have them be like default zombies now and even then they did less damage. Zombois fuckin' truck. I'm making a Monte Grasp Zombie build for the AE fire explosion then just going to Triad to fully ele convert. So far 50/50 ice/lightning, wish I could do 100% cold, but 4 greens ain't easy. I have Kitava Heralds on a 4 link for funsies and they destroy shit. Looking for some range phys like miscreants or stitched horrors to fully convert to just zap shit.

Convocation is 100% the best thing they did for summoner (outside of minion gem lvl built into the gem, because FUCK getting 125+ dex for desecrate lvl 20). Just running and hitting it whenever it's up (which by the way resets cooldowns for pets) is great. It's like a weird minion discharge build. Hit the button and everything around you dies.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I remember the old convocation I wouldn't even use it in most of my builds. 8seconds cooldown, quality was cast speed cause it had a .7cast time or whatever, healed flat life, such a fucking bad skill and for years summoners asked for buffs to it, not even huge buffs but you know, like making the cd not 8seconds at the very least. Wasn't until 3.2 that they did that(but only for necro which had 50% reduced cooldown), then 3.4 to make it instant and 3.6 to make the base cd 4secs.

3.2 is when summoners really stopped being pretty bad(after the various nerfs to SRS and snapshotting), when they reworked the ascendancies and necro got a bunch of new cool stuff like convocation cooldown and skeletons never miss and 100%dmg/life spectres. It still wasn't perfect but you could do a lot of nice stuff at that point.

Funny thing though is how a lot of people on reddit and official forums bitched at the minion changes before Blight went live. "Oh no zombie build is dead you can't Violent dead perma slam anymore, oh no spectres are terrible you don't get +1 spectre boots and 100%dmg/life node".

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Best thing about summoner is, that you dont waste time collecting loot. You can pick up relevant items, while your minions are still running around killing. All the other builds I fucking hated it to stop killing and moving back to pick up a chaos orb.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Gonna roll a Venom Gyre crit/cold assassin if anyone is done with the league and has gear/currency they don't want! <3

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was going to say earlier Cobra Lash works out better. But figured you really wanted to use Venom Gyre. The good part is you can easily switch them without a big deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was going to say earlier Cobra Lash works out better. But figured you really wanted to use Venom Gyre. The good part is you can easily switch them without a big deal.

Yeah I might just do it and see how it goes. Cobra lash to level and VG when I can get GMP or something