Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't see that zombies would get that much of a nerf, they are not really overpowered. Slave drivers are a bit nutty, they'll probably get nerfed.

Who knows though, they've gutted stuff before for no reason at all.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Maybe but you need to make a pimp weapon with that build. You can get 3 slave drivers and a 5 link and walk over everything in the game in 2 mins.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I was able to do uber lab in a tabula and a 5 link femur of the saints with no empower gem with the zombie build at 72. I played the slave drive spectre build to shaper with just a tabula this league, so for sure, spectres have a very high floor but so do zombies with a much higher ceiling (I think)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I started super late into this league, and tried out the zombie build for the second time and this time it actually did what it advertised on the box. Feeding Frenzy and the aggressive AI make a huge difference to how minions perform. I was using the "king of all summoners" base, but I'm not using the Guardian yet, and had to tweak the defensives around. 130k shaper dps per zombie (13) and 100k per skeleton (40).

I believe that's the right PoB for my character, first time trying that out. Let me know if I did it right.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the most excited for a league i've been since 3.6 after i started the game halfway through 3.5. Just wish i had more info already.

Out of what they've teased so far i sort of want to try chieftan with either straight up burning arrow/explosive arrow or explosive arrow ballistas.
But no clue how they would do with bad gear so maybe ed contagion (or bane) trickster for a start that i can potentially respec into toxic rain or scourge arrow when i'm able to.
or maybe a sabotour or some sort of cyclone character (cyclone still needs gear but not bows atleast)

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Crit scourge arrow and I'm going to beat Korrupt Korrupt to 100 cause hes a scrub. I really should have went for 100 this league but Destiny grinds got in my way.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i’m Waiting to see where that ballista node is located. Right now I really don’t think they’re going to have sufficient passive support. No ascendancy reworks pretty much implies they won’t be updating any to work with ballista. And the if the node is in the major bow area, it’s a problem. At that point I’d start looking into a possible scion build for it. That wouldn’t be a good starter.

I had been considering chieftain explosive arrow ballista too.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
looks like its replacing Avatar of the hunt, Weathered hunter, or deadly/heavy draw location to me.

Why do you think its a problem in the "bow" area? they scale with bow, projectile, crit, Attack speed, totem.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
looks like its replacing Avatar of the hunt, Weathered hunter, or deadly/heavy draw location to me.

Why do you think its a problem in the "bow" area? they scale with bow, projectile, crit, Attack speed, totem.
Probably not a problem. The totem stuff by Heiro seems far away. Attack totem builds have always been fairly OP anyway.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yes, heiro totem stuff is a trap. heiro is for spell totems. but, attack totems can scale off Attack speed, and other things. and of course your own skills also scale of that same proj damage, bow, etc. theres no reason for attack totems to try and get over to AB, etc.

There was a time when the +totems mattered.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Challenge rewards, kinda like the weapon effect, not so much the portal but probably will still go for 36 anyway

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I tossed together a CoC DD Necro PoB. I haven't had time to playtest it as work has been busy(boy do I love setting up a fully-feature Postfix server as a noob...).

It's overbudget on gem slots but whatever. Pick it apart, but that's not really the point of this post. What I can't figure out is why Mathil likes this build so much compared to a standard Cospri's Malice Ice Nova CoC build. He's not even abusing the one thing that I would consider the defining characteristic that sets it apart from other builds: spamming Spirit Offering for up to 125% of your life recovered as *NEW* ES per second.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
#sad. I guess we'll know how big the nerf is tomorrow. If my zombie starter is ruined, dunno what I'll run.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see the point of playing whackamole with power leveling skills. Racers will find a new #1 comp and others will just copy them. The problem isn't that OoS, Lightning Spire Trap, Smoke Mine, etc are too powerful. It's that using them and then transitioning into your final build is too cheap. Want people to level up with whatever they're going to play at the endgame? Make respeccing painful.

The hit to multimodding seems a bit drastic. I still haven't had the patience to sit through clicking 2k+ alterations.

Fucking teases, how was arc buffed?!?! Also, make up your mind with soulrend and molten strike.

I was considering going SSF this league. Then I remembered how fun it is to 6L an item.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lot of comments saying the spectre change will just force more people to run necromancer. I was using Wicked Ward on my guardian. What do necros use for sustain and ehp to match a guardian?