Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think they mean necro just has a way easier time of getting the extra spectre now(21 gem + 2 from necro + 1 wand + 1 boots).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely, guardian will have to try much harder. I just want to figure out how necros deal with sustain. Probably going to start necro spectres, but I really want to play that DD CoC instead.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem isn't that OoS, Lightning Spire Trap, Smoke Mine, etc are too powerful. It's that using them and then transitioning into your final build is too cheap. Want people to level up with whatever they're going to play at the endgame? Make respeccing painful.

No, the problem is that leveling with bullshit skills is a stupid requirement for a ton of builds that suck complete ass until way, way later.

I understand build variety and that it's part of the game that certain builds are subject to those parameters. However, many builds are just absolutely awful to play until most/all the stars align from a gear and/or skill-point standpoint. The vast majority of builds need to have a "viability" point inherent in them, even the ones that take crazy gear/skill-point setups. Right now that just isn't the case.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Necro sustain was don’t get hit last I remember. Mana isn’t an issue iirc. Or play Baron. Some did a cyclone with lgoh or esoh watcher’s.

Last edited:

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My necro had like 6100hp, 1k es, bone armor necro skill, high level cwdt and 3k mana i used with MoM for the extra extra rippy stuff. 99% of the other time I never used mom and bone armor was pretty much fine for everything every 3 seconds.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Necro sustain was don’t get hit last I remember. Mana isn’t an issue iirc. Or play Baron. Some did a cyclone with lgoh or esoh watcher’s.

Necro sustain is gaining % life as ES on corpse consumptions on one of the offering skills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Necro sustain is gaining % life as ES on corpse consumptions on one of the offering skills.
I was looking into this but but it sucks losing the block chance offering. Also, I'm lazy and love the desecrete - VMS - offering combo in a weapon with the trigger socketed skills setup.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was looking into this but but it sucks losing the block chance offering. Also, I'm lazy and love the desecrete - VMS - offering combo in a weapon with the trigger socketed skills setup.

Well if you want to drop Spirit Offering, the other way is to get Bone Barrier with a high hp pool (often see 8k life necros in HC) and a good chunk of minions.

Caeden

That manifesto kinda killed my hype as a melee preferred player. A lot of negatives to an area struggling.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Oh dear, that multi modding nerf put a shitload of casual crafters out of business.

That manifesto kinda killed my hype as a melee preferred player. A lot of negatives to an area struggling.

Yeah, it's pretty depressing if you like playing melee.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Soulrend buff is interesting, I always liked that skill, here is hoping they reduce the mana cost to something reasonable so the skill is actually useable without EB.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
spamming Spirit Offering for up to 125% of your life recovered as *NEW* ES per second.

Can you clarify on this?
When you say 125% you mean how much you are generating inside of a second, but you won't get 125% of your life as ES at any give time, right?

Caeden

I’m probably starting mines. I like to start something I’ve not played a lot, but I’ll see what the changes to soulrend are too. I had planned to spend a lot of time crafting a 2h cast on crit wep. That’s dead obviously. Might appear in the other mods, but I think the way it read is that they’re removing those mods entirely.

Kinda disappointed in the crafting changes because as someone that has to stay fairly casual, it was always a fucking pain to craft a 350+pdps wep using traditional methods and wayyyy more expensive. Neon sort of implied he didn’t like casual players killing content anyway. The real problem is that 99.99% of all rares that drop are trash. I’ll just build around particular uniques.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you clarify on this?
When you say 125% you mean how much you are generating inside of a second, but you won't get 125% of your life as ES at any give time, right?
Correct, it's mostly sustain. You get 15% of your life as ES at any point as EHP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’m probably starting mines. I like to start something I’ve not played a lot, but I’ll see what the changes to soulrend are too. I had planned to spend a lot of time crafting a 2h cast on crit wep. That’s dead obviously. Might appear in the other mods, but I think the way it read is that they’re removing those mods entirely.

Kinda disappointed in the crafting changes because as someone that has to stay fairly casual, it was always a fucking pain to craft a 350+pdps wep using traditional methods and wayyyy more expensive. Neon sort of implied he didn’t like casual players killing content anyway. The real problem is that 99.99% of all rares that drop are trash. I’ll just build around particular uniques.
That's not how I read it. My interpretation is that they are changing affixes that add a support gem and do something else are having the do something else removed.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I need to log onto standard and see if I actually like mines. Still leaning toward necro spectre though, looks like it'll be mostly fine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The playstyle itself is not rewarding enough to go "this is fun!". If you played traps during Incursion, you can get your mine throwing speed down to a comparable speed but it still requires manual detonation instead of relying upon Sab's Chain Reaction. Thus, you need to find something else that benefits from mines to make it feel worthwhile. Like the Indigon and Enduring Mana flask abuse.