Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I didn't mind traps at all. Just depends on how much I hate spamming a key I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I'm not inspired at all by any of the changes to bows/ballista.
I maybe need to get my hands on the new/changes supports and see if there is some combo I'm overlooking.
Like barrage and arrow nova supports, and Cast on crit, or cast while channeling. are they projectiles, or attack projectiles?

I need ideas for something I havent played, or havent played in a while. Barrage(regular?) is on the table. Kindof was thinking wands. But, im not seeing a ton of wand changes to make me think thats really a great idea.

lancing/shattering steel? I had meant to give them a shot the last few leagues, and never did. bleed/lgoh deadeye..

Changes to elemental procs, might make elemental raider really good.

Mirror arrow, ballista? what exactly was changed with RAT?
lets see..
start with 3 totems. nice, but not a huge buff for this.
apply must faster then regular totems. -this is a huge buff. the massive delay, on placement and activation was the reason RAT never competed with traps or self cast MA.
and passives. doesn't seem like anything to make it viable.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That's not how I read it. My interpretation is that they are changing affixes that add a support gem and do something else are having the do something else removed.

Maybe I’m taking this too literal:

• Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.
Mainly slightly annoyed at the multimod change. You were making serviceable melee. Not mirror tier. It was mostly a problem for casters.

I think the caster bow got a huge nerf with that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not inspired at all by any of the changes to bows/ballista.
I maybe need to get my hands on the new/changes supports and see if there is some combo I'm overlooking.
Like barrage and arrow nova supports, and Cast on crit, or cast while channeling. are they projectiles, or attack projectiles?

I need ideas for something I havent played, or havent played in a while. Barrage(regular?) is on the table. Kindof was thinking wands. But, im not seeing a ton of wand changes to make me think thats really a great idea.

lancing/shattering steel? I had meant to give them a shot the last few leagues, and never did. bleed/lgoh deadeye..

Changes to elemental procs, might make elemental raider really good.

Mirror arrow, ballista? what exactly was changed with RAT?
lets see..
start with 3 totems. nice, but not a huge buff for this.
apply must faster then regular totems. -this is a huge buff. the massive delay, on placement and activation was the reason RAT never competed with traps or self cast MA.
and passives. doesn't seem like anything to make it viable.
Barrage + arrow nova support is a good idea to get around CoC crit calculation weakness. But, that seems like 1 too many supports needed for that kind of setup.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I’m taking this too literal:

• Some modifiers no longer appear on Shaper or Elder items, like the "increased Physical Damage and Socketed Gems are Supported By" modifiers on Two Handed Weapons.
Mainly slightly annoyed at the multimod change. You were making serviceable melee. Not mirror tier. It was mostly a problem for casters.

I think the caster bow got a huge nerf with that.
You could be right, I was remembering the text differently.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol, how many exalts would building that kit cost? That's hilarious with the move speed boosts

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol, how many exalts would building that kit cost? That's hilarious with the move speed boosts

reading the comments not that many but I wasn't familiar with all the items so wondering if any were blight league specific

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's nothing in that build that's notably expensive, the most expensive things probably the carcass 6 linked.

Caliane

Voltaxic.. everything BUT shooting arrows is back on the table it looks like. people got to theorycraft what is good for it now its buffed again. lots of new skills. Arc rebuffed.

Last edited:

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I was thinking about doing an Arc Inq, I've been jonesing to unleash my inner sith Emperor and blast lightning from my fingertips, but then I was reminded of Spell Totems...does self-cast have a single advantage over totems? Besides the obvious cool factor of blasting shit yourself instead of those stupid little minipillars.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Are they making arcs range/chain better again?

So I was thinking about doing an Arc Inq, I've been jonesing to unleash my inner sith Emperor and blast lightning from my fingertips, but then I was reminded of Spell Totems...does self-cast have a single advantage over totems? Besides the obvious cool factor of blasting shit yourself instead of those stupid little minipillars.

Depends on your playstyle, lots of people don't like totems. I like them myself but it gets a bit repetitive and you have less gear options compared to self cast.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
It sounded like just a dmg buff with nothing on range so overall proly not all that much of an effect (but any damage buff is nice). Shattering Steel though might be pretty good too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of the buffs they teased at the bottom of the manifesto yesterday are meh. I'm pretty sure 3.8 Molten Strike does more damage than 3.9 Molten Strike due to the Point Blank changes.

Arc and Soulrend changes might be interesting? At least they were mechanics changes and not straight damage.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Arc range jumped up from 25 to 35 units. Not sure what it was several leagues ago when arc totem was the meta build of the league.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
That Mindless Aggression nerf sucks balls. Zombies hit harder than I thought. Arc chain still down relative to how it was before(it was 50 units iirc prenerf).