Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was considering starting Vortex Occultist, but I may just fall back on Slave Drivers again. Even if you end up with only 4 via the delve chest you're still doing 5 million dps....

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, these patch notes felt very reminiscent of older leagues than recent ones. Like, I really don't have much to think about honestly. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I expect I'll be waiting on streamers to promote new builds than try to cook something up myself.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
They killed my Zombie 2h mace baron build. I was thinking about some kind of Scourge Arrow Ballista build. Someone tell me what to do!!

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya, I am not sure how much the dmg was changed, but combined with the shock buff it sounds like arc and arc totems will be rather happy. I have a feel though that my Ele Hit totem build got shafted, so kinda bummed about that. Guess I need to reconsider if I may try Enki's arc witch or even totems or mines again. Lot more reading to do.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Honestly, these patch notes felt very reminiscent of older leagues than recent ones. Like, I really don't have much to think about honestly. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I expect I'll be waiting on streamers to promote new builds than try to cook something up myself.

If they are not as blatant about pushing 2-3 builds as they were for the last few leagues, that is a plus in my book. Haven't read the notes in depth yet, so not sure how strongly they want us to play archer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

you can get 4 without chest easy enough(necro +2 +1 boots +1 wand and 21 gem).
Lemme tell you about my level 21 gem luck. It never happens. I’ve corrupted one lvl 21 gem since delve. One. I usually buy it.

Caeden

Ya, I am not sure how much the dmg was changed, but combined with the shock buff it sounds like arc and arc totems will be rather happy. I have a feel though that my Ele Hit totem build got shafted, so kinda bummed about that. Guess I need to reconsider if I may try Enki's arc witch or even totems or mines again. Lot more reading to do.

Unless it moved to the new mod pool, those +1 totem shields are gonna be pricey!

Given how they gutted power increase across the board I’d say it’s not in the new mod pool.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Oooooh if I could faceroll Arc Totems as a first build this league that would be grand. A couple of nerfs ago that build was perfect for the no-thinker scrub like myself. But like Vanderhoof referenced, I will continue to come back here for information on my easiest opening build to fill my tabs before trying something more interesting.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mirage archer is fine, people freaking out not realizing the penalty is for the mirage. When your arrows are doing 1-5m dps each that penalty means jack shit.

Caliane

Still not sure how this is the "bow" league.

biggest thing, that has me getting interested now, is burning arrrow/explosive arrow, and the new fire ranger nodes.

100% conversion for BA is a large buff, in making it easy to convert 100% elemental. (granted it was easy enough to go 50/50 ice/fire)

Burning Brutality is +8% to fire damage over time MULTIPLIER. Ignites you inflict deal damage 8% faster. and 24% increased fire damage with attack skills.

25% ignite, 10% inc ignite duration, 44% inc fire damage with attack, 12% to fire damage over time multi, 8% faster ignite, for the whole wheel.
Add this into all the "damage over time" skills they have added there in the past, and I think Burning arrow/explosive arrow, if not some others, are on the menu in a way they weren't before.

Lava lash too.

I'm thinking a burning arrow deadeye atm. was going to do proliferation... but it occurs to me I wont need it with herald of ash, for packs, I should just focus on single target.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m probably going BA once I’m 90. The build always used signal fire so 100 conversion was always normal. Need to see what to use instead of signal fire now but that corruption on it for extra Phys as fire would bring it to 40% extra Phys as fire.

Not sure anything is going to be better than signal fire.