Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I finally decided to start up on Metamorph league. Trying out a skeleton summoner, as I have never done one. The league mechanic seems cool. I like how you can pop it where you want in the zone, instead of it having a static point.

How much time is left in this league anyway? I was not paying much attention to PoE since I quit half way through Blight.

There's about 7/8 weeks left of the league, so you've got plenty of time to do whatever you want challenge wise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Three stones left now - thankfully the first of the last 4 I got was Drox because that fight is boring as shit.

Post 20 stones map grind is real and bullshit. I really do like the new mechanics, to a point. I like the manipulation of the tier of the maps in the hands of the user. However, the interface is aids garbage, the map tab not being updated with new information associated with the new system is lazy, and the new implementation of "special" maps like Elder and Shaper and Synthesis is even worse lazy.

I hope they do something to refine it all, because it really does has some great features. But it is so transparently GRIND MOAR that it does sicken me a little. I find myself slotted between a normal casual and the usual poop-sock min/maxers. I play a lot, usually finish 90+% of all content, refuse to work overtly on the Challenges but still get 30 or more, will never grind to 100 but always have 2-3 90+ characters a league, know the game and skills but follow guides instead of doing my own build.

I think REAL casuals will love this Atlas because you can do most of the maps at low Tier. Once they start pressing progression is when they start seeing the cracks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Can you link me that build? I've taken my character into high tier reds and the lack of DPS is starting to show. Starting to think going crit swords is a requirement, at least for a phys based one.

Iced_twice - entire tree is gone :(, ah shit. Maybe you can piece it together again.

1579640769279.png

1579640857661.png

I guess that gets you started on uniques and flasks, which slots use rares? I used to have the whole damn thing somewhere.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That video is over 1.5 years old! It's likely still doable but that thing has squishy written all over it. My guess is that's the 99% cold conversion of flicker.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Only one I could find, looks simple enough. All of those uniques arent terribly hard to get?

If it ripped up minotaur then, its still legit imo.

It's trickster so that tombfist has gotta be whirling blades->fortify?

boots are immortal call/enfeeble setup?

chest is 6L flicker?

helm is herald of ice stuff?

Weapon is ice golem/bloodrage/?

White wind dagger, pandemonius neck, boots are red trail, starkonja and tombfist.

I mean it cant be that hard to figure out from here, all of this looks like it would still be viable.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Looks like classic flicker strike with red trails. Self bleed, low phys damage (like 90% converted to phys, or just flat ele more likely), frenzy charge on bleed, badda bing badda boom. The only problem is those eyes he has on are probably like 35-50% better than any flat ele jewels you can get currently. However, with some new influence items like Hunter and Redeemer items you should be able to juice up elsewhere. Not sure why Trickster except free movement abilities. I think Raider may be a better choice nowadays, but Trickster should definitely be viable.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Looks like classic flicker strike with red trails. Self bleed, low phys damage (like 90% converted to phys, or just flat ele more likely), frenzy charge on bleed, badda bing badda boom. The only problem is those eyes he has on are probably like 35-50% better than any flat ele jewels you can get currently. However, with some new influence items like Hunter and Redeemer items you should be able to juice up elsewhere. Not sure why Trickster except free movement abilities. I think Raider may be a better choice nowadays, but Trickster should definitely be viable.

Reserving all his mana except for 42, using flicker and whirling blades.

Ahh ancestral protector thats the totem I couldnt think of a while ago when I first responded with the abils.

Lots of that stuff is the end game goals where you do spend the multiple exalts. Should def be fine going in for it.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some videos if anyone is interested in the champ impale variant of flicker strike (flicker is 5 link with impale, awakened multistrike, fortify in boots and awakened melee splash). The sound gets messed up later in the mapping video, dunno why. I realize i'd prolly be better off pickin up less stuff, but i do dislike trading...i'm gonna fix my filter to force myself though.

Its my first time with this guy doing Sirus, didnt want to push my luck by using flicker for bossing so using double strike, maybe next time. The dps is pretty good even though as a melee you can't stay on him all the time. Have some easy upgrades left to do like 9% phys taken helmet (need resists though so its not that easy) but overall it's pretty maxed, by my standards atleast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah in my searching for that other white wind build, I saw the impale stuff. Looks really good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some videos if anyone is interested in the champ impale variant of flicker strike (flicker is 5 link with impale, awakened multistrike, fortify in boots and awakened melee splash). The sound gets messed up later in the mapping video, dunno why. I realize i'd prolly be better off pickin up less stuff, but i do dislike trading...i'm gonna fix my filter to force myself though.

Its my first time with this guy doing Sirus, didnt want to push my luck by using flicker for bossing so using double strike, maybe next time. The dps is pretty good even though as a melee you can't stay on him all the time. Have some easy upgrades left to do like 9% phys taken helmet (need resists though so its not that easy) but overall it's pretty maxed, by my standards atleast.

You're not doing pure physical? Swear I heard some shatters in there.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
With what a giant PITA he is to respawn, I recommend watching as many vids on him as possible. Grim has a pretty good one.
Haha. I wish I listened to you. I unfortunately have a tendency to rage quit, and so I literally got him to like 3%, died to something dumb, then somehow kept chain dying when I zoned in??? Not even sure why but I was seeing red. I died like 4x in a row, didn’t kill him and lost all my portals, promptly deleted my char and 25ex along with it and I’ve been done with the league since. Kinda feels bad because normally I put the stuff in guild bank before I quit but I wasn’t in a normal state. I don’t have the energy to startup again so guess I’ll be back in a month-ish

• 1Triggered
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Started doing the atlas and I'm a little confused on something. If you put the 4 watchstones in the citadel its makes the maps in the area tier 14 and higher maps? I tried to get the awakening bonus on a beach map and it's not working. I'm suddenly having a hard time summoning conquerers. How exactly this shit works?

screenshot-0000.png

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're not doing pure physical? Swear I heard some shatters in there.

I am but i run Taste of hate flask. Mostly as a way to shatter some corpses for delve, which it does, not a 100% of the time but a satisfactory amount of. But it's good anyway even though it doesn't scale the impales it's still around 6% more damage. And it boosts my phys and cold defenses too, and scales the chest explosions by the full 15-20%.

A 2nd unique flask does force me to run "of warding" curse immunity on my quicksilver instead of "of adrenaline" for the movement speed so thats the sad part.

Started doing the atlas and I'm a little confused on something. If you put the 4 watchstones in the citadel its makes the maps in the area tier 14 and higher maps? I tried to get the awakening bonus on a beach map and it's not working. How exactly it works?

View attachment 244971

If i were to hazard a guess...If you put a white beach in the map device it doesnt automatically get upgraded just because you have 4 watchstones in..You need to run the Tier 14 beach map. As in the map is red and says tier 14 when you mouse over it.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Started doing the atlas and I'm a little confused on something. If you put the 4 watchstones in the citadel its makes the maps in the area tier 14 and higher maps? I tried to get the awakening bonus on a beach map and it's not working. I'm suddenly having a hard time summoning conquerers. How exactly this shit works?

View attachment 244971

The awakening bonuses are for the versions of the maps with 4 socketed stones. So in this case beach would be upgraded to t14 with 4 watchstones and then you'd kill the boss in that t14 version and complete the bonus.

Even though you have 4 watchstones, you still need to find/buy all the maps.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Okay I thought each map was tied to a specific level/tier.

Still running the mana guardian herald of agony templar. Currently sitting right under 13 ES and still need a few more nodes to get it higher. Every content I've ran across so far has been trivial. Pop a armor pot plus vaal molten shell and you can almost take any hit. I haven't tried shaper or sirus yet. Still working to get to those.

After I'm done with my templar I'm thinking about trying an assassin venom gyre or maybe ice shot or scourge arrow dead eye ranger. Or I may just finish up my cyclone duelist.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Okay I thought each map was tied to a specific level/tier.

Still running the mana guardian herald of agony templar. Currently sitting right under 13 ES and still need a few more nodes to get it higher. Every content I've ran across so far has been trivial. Pop a armor pot plus vaal molten shell and you can almost take any hit. I haven't tried shaper or sirus yet. Still working to get to those.

After I'm done with my templar I'm thinking about trying an assassin venom gyre or maybe ice shot or scourge arrow dead eye ranger. Or I may just finish up my cyclone duelist.

Ice shot dead eye is very fun

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I found a Vaal Skeletons in the guild bank, thanks whoever left it there. Got a Chaos Orb and purchased To Dust jewel before I even hit The Sarn Encampment in Act 3. Off to a good start.

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I found a Vaal Skeletons in the guild bank, thanks whoever left it there. Got a Chaos Orb and purchased To Dust jewel before I even hit The Sarn Encampment in Act 3. Off to a good start.

On my summoner I had a 20/20 Vaal Skeletons drop either from a prophecy or one of those "kill this many monsters" things, and was like, Welp, guess I'm using this now.

• 1Like