Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Regarding people playing flicker strike, would a pop like HoI or bleed pops help your clear? Or does melee splash and extra strike target cover it pretty well? I've tried it on my gladiator and I'm not sure how much the bleed pops are helping.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Popped in and see people talking about flicker strike, figured i'd share this video I saw the other day. He's got a pob link in the video description on youtube if someone wants/needs it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Switched from Glad Axes to Champion Crit Swords, dps improved significantly. They bleed pops weren't required but they are nice. It's a shame you can't run some builds on some ascendancies because of mana cost issues.

Everytime I PoB a raider version of flicker strike, I have to go out of my way to find -mana cost sources, usually jewelry enchants. Or, ugh, an enduring mana flask.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Couldn't you just take a mana leech node someplace as a Raider? I'm surviving right now off that single hybrid life/mana leech point near the bottom center, which are both .4% or something awful?

Granted I'm only on a 5-link for my Flicker with elder boots, maybe it just scales up too hard with a full 6-link?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On a typical 5L, Fortify Melee Splash Multistrike Close Combat, Flicker Strike costs 40 mana. On a Champion, you're around 8.5 APS, so mana leech covers you. Raider, Berserker, Gladiator, easily get up to 16 APS. No amount of base mana leech covers that.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally killed sirus post-nerf on level 5? Maybe 4? Need to look. He dropped the helmet that he always drops.

Anyway, I feel that was way anticlimactic compared to the UE questline. Very meh. Even lore-wise.

Also, I’m still struggling to see how they fold that into POE2. My guess is a total new endgame here. Otherwise there’s some cognitive dissonance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally killed sirus post-nerf on level 5? Maybe 4? Need to look. He dropped the helmet that he always drops.

Anyway, I feel that was way anticlimactic compared to the UE questline. Very meh. Even lore-wise.

Also, I’m still struggling to see how they fold that into POE2. My guess is a total new endgame here. Otherwise there’s some cognitive dissonance.

It'll be pretty easy to roll it into PoE2... just this image, then you wake up on a different shoreline. Bam.

skyrim-05-28-19-1.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I didn't like the Sirus thing much, but I think people are overblowing the whole "it never spawns thing" at this point. Yeah, yeah, they seemed to say it was more rare than intended once it spawned, but really. It took on average 40 maps or so for each spawn, which I would argue is considerably less than what UE took to spawn, not to mention the never ending fight o map sustain that no longer is a problem. Some people claiming 100-150 maps per spawn are lying. Early on in league yes, but since the last few patches no.

The new system is far, far superior. It's just a shame that the Siris fight is so marginal.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’m a noob and trying this lightning arrow barrage thing for my first run through. Crazy how fast you go from killing everything in 1 shot to getting 1 shot.

I got a lvl 66 5 link unique bow, but I’m stuck at 61 getting beat down !

Awesome game and I can’t believe it took me this long to try it out. Think the talk of a 2 pushed me to finally load it up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I'm with ya.

I don't hate this new thing really. I like how they tied in the player stories to becoming obsessed with killing, map after map after map etc.

But I liked the Elder more, and of course the Shaper was such a great play on how making lore out of an endless randomly generated map grind.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
killed sirus twice on awakening 8. I have no desire to re farm all the fucking conquerors to spawn him again.

This system needs fixing stat, grinding 80 + maps to spawn the end game boss is too much.

Caeden

The exiles going crazy was an awesome start of the story. Just fell flat as it went.

I know I know. ARPG doesn’t need story etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For anyone still suffering though mines, I thought this an interesting bit of information:

If I understand correctly, minefield adds 0.2s to your "per 5" mine throwing time. Switching to swift assembly might actually make playing mines tolerable.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's some nice QoL changes in the patch tomorrow. My guild seem to think that VD fix will increase the dps by a fair amount.

Tomorrow (Friday NZT) we're planning to deploy the 3.9.2c update on PC with various improvements to the Conquerors of the Atlas and Metamorph content, as well as some bug fixes. We're keen to release this patch on consoles as soon as possible after its deployment on PC.

While you're waiting for the patch to be released, check out its patch notes below. Please note that the following list may be changed prior to the 3.9.2c release.

Metamorph & Conquerors Improvements
  • Maps now display their Atlas Region by default. Holding Alt displays Map Completion, Bonus Objective Completion and Awakening Objective Completion status.
  • Added frames to the Map Stash which indicate if a Map is influenced by a Conqueror.
  • Added visual indicators at the centre of the Atlas which display which Conquerors have been defeated. These visual indicators are removed upon opening portals to the Eye of the Storm.
  • Clicking anywhere on a Citadel with a non-Unique Watchstone on your cursor now sockets that Watchstone into the appropriate socket if one is available.
  • Adjusted the positions of various Citadels so that they aren't hidden by UI elements.
  • Opening a Map that is affected by multiple of the same or similar Sextant modifiers no longer consumes a use of the duplicate Sextant modifier.
  • The Mark of the Shaper and Mark of the Elder unique rings now grant both bonuses if your other ring is Shaper and Elder influenced.
  • Sirus, Awakener of Worlds now drops Influenced Items when killed.
  • Immunity to Shock now correctly prevents you from being Shocked while standing in the Desolation of the Awakener ground effect.
  • Added a visual indicator to Maps in the Map Stash which indicates if the Awakening Objective has been completed.
  • Added a visual indicator to Watchstones and Watchstones socketed in Citadels which indicates whether or not they have a Sextant applied to them.
  • Added some additional modifiers to the pool of modifiers that Awakened Sextants can apply.
  • Portals to Maps which contain a Conqueror encounter now use Zana's portal effect.
  • Fixed a bug where Maps that had already spawned Influence for a specific Conqueror had a lower chance to spawn Influence than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Conqueror's Exalted Orbs didn't respect the "Cannot roll Caster Modifiers" and "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers" modifiers.
  • Fixed a bug where portals to the Conqueror encounters could spawn in inaccessible locations.
  • Fixed a bug where applying a Sextant to a Watchstone socketed in a Citadel could generate the same or a similar modifier which was already on another Watchstone in that same Citadel.
  • Fixed a bug where various modifiers found on the Precursor's Emblem unique ring were not affected by Quality applied by Catalysts.
  • Fixed a bug where various Chaos Resistance modifiers were not being increased by Quality applied by Prismatic Catalysts.
  • Fixed various performance issues that could occur when encountering Conquerors and their monsters in Maps.
  • Fixed a visual bug where only the creator of an area would see the organ collection graphic when killing Metamorph targets.

General Improvements
  • Unique Maps can once again be searched by name on the Atlas.
  • Divination Cards which grant Shaper-related items now have their Shaper background once again.
  • Maps that are Influenced by The Shaper or The Elder now have a fancy background or border.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where Ignites applied by Explosive Arrow sometimes dealt no damage.
  • Fixed a bug where Volatile Dead orbs didn't detonate when reaching the maximum amount allowed (60).
  • Fixed a bug where a Terrain Generation Failure could occur when entering the Plaza Map.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented using the Time Portal to leave an Incursion.
  • Fixed a bug introduced in 3.9.0 that made the Miracle Map Device much bigger than intended.
  • Fixed a client crash that could occur when getting near party members who were using the Chains of Command unique body armour.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well they finally fixed the fucking map stash, hallelujah.

I am confused a little by the influence/taunt fixes? Does it amount to less maps per Conq encounter?

What does this mean:

Fixed a bug where Maps that had already spawned Influence for a specific Conqueror had a lower chance to spawn Influence than intended

Does this mean the first time you influence an area, or EACH time you try to get that taunt?

Caeden

Well they finally fixed the fucking map stash, hallelujah.

I am confused a little by the influence/taunt fixes? Does it amount to less maps per Conq encounter?

What does this mean:

Fixed a bug where Maps that had already spawned Influence for a specific Conqueror had a lower chance to spawn Influence than intended

Does this mean the first time you influence an area, or EACH time you try to get that taunt?

I think that’s what they mean but man is that shit vague.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The bug is(was?) when influence spawns in a region, the map that spawned it will have a lower chance to spawn subsequent appearances until you kill the conqueror. This is where the "run different maps" strategy was made from.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The bug is(was?) when influence spawns in a region, the map that spawned it will have a lower chance to spawn subsequent appearances until you kill the conqueror. This is where the "run different maps" strategy was made from.

Honestly, I had convinced myself that you could only get an appearance once per map per influence so you needed to run 4 different maps. I have no clue where i got that from, but if I spawned a conq influence on a Core map I did not run that map again until the conq was dead. I didn't even know I could run more Core's just with a lower chance. And once another map got an appearance I no longer ran that map.

So I guess I was running with that strategy inadvertently. Weird.