Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would like to see a PoB build of this, if you don't mind.

This is mostly a starter build. The rings and watcher's eye are a bit under 1ex, and the gloves are at least 50c. The only required parts are the mana reservation reduction on the rings. The watcher's eye is obviously just dps and the gloves are borderline required. The QoL gained from having semi ancestral call is kinda big. Your dom blow minions are aggressive and fast enough that you have to fight them just to land hits for the debuff.

I haven't built up my chaos resistance yet, that's the next part. Still getting a feel for the build. Things I'm still undecided on:

Enduring mana flask or mana leech.
Picking up minion survivability nodes just for ape spectres.
Enduring Cry required?
Holy Relic helps with clear?
Regular life flask on top of Writhing Jar(great for starting the dom blow chain from scratch).

Oh, yeah, it's overbudget on talent points. Obviously there some life nodes that can be dropped, just haven't felt the build out enough to know what to cut.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Now I will preface this with the fact that I am not the fastest min-max, actions per second player. But last night I played for probably 4 hours with one influence already on the Atlas, then chased down another areas's influence, then moved to an alt to farm the rest of the taunts on lower level maps, and by the time I was done (with a few side tasks here and there) I had gotten one stone.

I am not per se advocating for faster acquisition or make it easier, I just wanted to throw another voice among many that the RNG in the whole taunting process is a little.......sketchy.

Based on my own experience I do not feel like chasing taunts on high reds has any more chance of success than lower level maps, but can someone confirm? Also, I seem to have a lot more success in getting that first taunt on T16 maps but that may be biased; I may just be running T16s all the time as a starter. I haven't quite kept close enough track.

If you need a watchstone, the fastest way is to remove all watchstones, insert 4 into the area you need them in and run the maps there. This method assumes you can buy the maps you need or already own them.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buy a Savior and play flicker, it's retarded lol.

My current plan seems to actually be working with putting flicker in elder boots with the level 20 fortify support for a pseudo 5-link, then just running double strike in my chest for bosses. We'll see if flicker damage keeps up in to red maps on just a 5-link, but so far it just oneshots packs.

Taking baby steps so far with crappy gear and level 70 and only 2 labs in but it is fun so far...Do you know if anything increases the flicker distance? like melee range perhaps?

Now I will preface this with the fact that I am not the fastest min-max, actions per second player. But last night I played for probably 4 hours with one influence already on the Atlas, then chased down another areas's influence, then moved to an alt to farm the rest of the taunts on lower level maps, and by the time I was done (with a few side tasks here and there) I had gotten one stone.

I am not per se advocating for faster acquisition or make it easier, I just wanted to throw another voice among many that the RNG in the whole taunting process is a little.......sketchy.

Based on my own experience I do not feel like chasing taunts on high reds has any more chance of success than lower level maps, but can someone confirm? Also, I seem to have a lot more success in getting that first taunt on T16 maps but that may be biased; I may just be running T16s all the time as a starter. I haven't quite kept close enough track.

If by chasing taunts you mean after you have the influence then yes theres no difference. One tip is to buy zana's white maps for a few chances after you do her daily missions to stock up on white maps you can spam and leave after a few packs. Especially if you dont have any 0 watchstone regions you'll hardly get any white maps so zana is nice that way.

I'll add, probably unneccessarily, that you can't spawn any influence if you have the Sirus fight available.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You can also easliy check which watchstones you have for each region by removing them all into your inventory and then ctrl-clicking them into their appropriate box on the left side of the atlas. When you hover over each of those boxes it tells you how many stones you need to spawn a conqueror for that region.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Buy a Savior and play flicker, it's retarded lol.

My current plan seems to actually be working with putting flicker in elder boots with the level 20 fortify support for a pseudo 5-link, then just running double strike in my chest for bosses. We'll see if flicker damage keeps up in to red maps on just a 5-link, but so far it just oneshots packs.

Let me know how it goes in t16s. Does flicker in delve still take a ton of flares or eat darkness deaths?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Delve and having to back track for loot are the two main reasons I haven't used that ability in a long while. Which is a shame, it's a fun ability in terms of "lol, this is retarded".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Let me know how it goes in t16s. Does flicker in delve still take a ton of flares or eat darkness deaths?

Never played flicker before but I can imagine it goes pretty stupid in Delve lol.

I'm not sure if anything changes the jump distance on it really, and there's any useful info on the wiki. Things like strikes hit +1 targets work wonders though, and melee splash seem pretty good though in terms of actually clearing packs with it. I don't have any explode mods currently, but it still deletes things pretty well just with splash and additional strike targets.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
If you need a watchstone, the fastest way is to remove all watchstones, insert 4 into the area you need them in and run the maps there. This method assumes you can buy the maps you need or already own them.

I like to have 2 areas of influence on the go to shake up the map monotony if I can. Are you saying having more than one influence, or more than one area that has 4 stones slotted, will somehow lessen the possibility of getting a taunt?

Gah there are so many theories out there. The "change around your hideout" suggestion seems the most retarded, but people swear it works. Will not do lol.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I like to have 2 areas of influence on the go to shake up the map monotony if I can. Are you saying having more than one influence, or more than one area that has 4 stones slotted, will somehow lessen the possibility of getting a taunt?

Gah there are so many theories out there. The "change around your hideout" suggestion seems the most retarded, but people swear it works. Will not do lol.

Yes it does, if you are after a watchstone in a particular area.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Am I the only one that plays the market regularly? I've gotten used to the shit trading--not that it's much better than EQ trading. PoE Trade Enhancer is amazing. Save/load searches. Do multiple live searches in one browser tab. Setting up rare filters has been its' own kind of fun. I'm still looking at what perfect uniques to flip--my list is pretty small atm.

If anyone is doing similar I'd love to compare notes.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can someone explain to me how in the hell summoning spectres work in this game? I was able to get a stoneskin flayer in a players hideout. I was even able to summon them in my own hideout. Well for some reason I lost them not due to death cause they are damn near unkillable. I think they got stuck due to pathing or something similar to that. I went back to my HO, dropped a desecrate and havent got one yet. All I'm getting is a bunch of skellys. I know spectres are zone specific but certain ones summon in your HO?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Desecrate will shit out corpses from the zone you are in plus any spectres you brought with you. If you lost one and you're still in the same area than Desecrate will give you those corpses as well but if you left than it won't. If you took off your gear that had the spectre gems (or they became temporarily unusuable due to a stat requirement) I think it kills them.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This chest explosion mod is dodging me hard, 1500 alts in and havent seen it yet. Feels almost like a requirement if you wanna delve as flicker strike.

I managed to get a pair of +1 strike +1frenzy charge gloves through 2 annuls though so that was pretty sweet.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This chest explosion mod is dodging me hard, 1500 alts in and havent seen it yet. Feels almost like a requirement if you wanna delve as flicker strike.

I managed to get a pair of +1 strike +1frenzy charge gloves through 2 annuls though so that was pretty sweet.

Very nice man. I'm looking at crafting all of that for a build as well. Have you seen anyone doing delve with flicker? Looking at the boards it seems like 250-300 are most common.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very nice man. I'm looking at crafting all of that for a build as well. Have you seen anyone doing delve with flicker? Looking at the boards it seems like 250-300 are most common.

I haven't seen any youtube vidoes or anything no. Only thing is If you check on poe.ninja there are a few as far as i can tell that have gone pretty deep.

Personally, for delving, i only did some level 80 areas and some sort of corpse removal feels pretty required even at that depth. You can't really do damage and avoid the ice spikes that some mobs leave behind at the same time when using flicker.. And they hurt, especially since they can stack up on top of eachother.

hence why im trying to get the explosion mod...After that though i still need to decide what mod, if any, i want to match it up with. Theres a 10% chance on hit for a frenzy charge which is nice qol...but also attack crit%...decisions decisions, alltough im leaning towards the crit.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
ronne ronne thanks for the heads up on the impale mods... I'm not sure if it'll sell for that but I picked it up dirt cheap.

paraimpale2.png

EDIT: It sold right as I was setting my afk message. I owe you a finders fee!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Started running maps with this mana guardian spectre build and it's been easy mode so far. It's not the fastest build but the survivability is really good. The build is VERY tanky. My assassin CoC Cospri malice rips through maps in no time but can be glass cannon. When I hit 68 I had around 7k ES and havent gotten all the nodes I needed yet. Really fun being able to face tank map bosses while my HoAG deletes them. Cant wait to get higher and start doing bosses and deep delves with it. The stoneskin flayers are godly and makes content easier. I lost my stoneskin flayers but was able to get solar guards from Solaris temple in act 9 and they are right below tankiness compared to stoneskin flayers. Very good build.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Ive been very slow this league, was busy over christmas and have been busy with work this month, and im just getting to the end of the Zana questline. I killed Sirius and have continued killing Conquerors to get to awakening 8. I guess Conquerors dont spawn on every map once you have their influence once the questline is done?