Path of Exile

Ryoz

<Donor>
New to this game. Running a summoner build since it’s strong and budget friendly. Looted a baron close helmet but I can’t seem to reroll more than 1 blue. Is the color reforge random or do some items tend to prefer certain colors?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
New to this game. Running a summoner build since it’s strong and budget friendly. Looted a baron close helmet but I can’t seem to reroll more than 1 blue. Is the color reforge random or do some items tend to prefer certain colors?

Based on the stat requirements. If it takes 100 int it will be easier to rolle blue sockets. Int 75 and Str 75 will be equal to roll a blue or red socket.Input your stats into the calculator I linked and it will give you a pretty good idea. Sometimes more sometimes less, but it's pretty accurate.

If you need an off color there are ways to help that as well. Best way is to start with something with the requirements of the colors you want. Otherwise look into off color rolling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So, it wasn't just me. Caeden Caeden , right away, noticed that ASC creates a ton more balls than it supposed to. It felt like it was proccing on all 4 regions to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If the corpses are there(from monsters), sure. Are you saying Awakened Spell Cascade + Desecrate is somehow going above the 10 corpse limit of the spell?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't seen any youtube vidoes or anything no. Only thing is If you check on poe.ninja there are a few as far as i can tell that have gone pretty deep.

Personally, for delving, i only did some level 80 areas and some sort of corpse removal feels pretty required even at that depth. You can't really do damage and avoid the ice spikes that some mobs leave behind at the same time when using flicker.. And they hurt, especially since they can stack up on top of eachother.

hence why im trying to get the explosion mod...After that though i still need to decide what mod, if any, i want to match it up with. Theres a 10% chance on hit for a frenzy charge which is nice qol...but also attack crit%...decisions decisions, alltough im leaning towards the crit.

Just quoting myself to establish im stupid. I thought the explode mod would remove corpses, it doesn't.

Spent 3000 alts whitout seeing the mod at all, it's super freakin rare. Bought a chest instead with explosion and frenzy on hit, annuled it and was not unlucky. Crafted life and life%

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If the corpses are there(from monsters), sure. Are you saying Awakened Spell Cascade + Desecrate is somehow going above the 10 corpse limit of the spell?

That’s exactly how it appears on single targets. It’s nuts.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another league, another 36 challenges. God I hate this portal mtx already.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All this talk in guild chat about flicker strike got me all hot for it. I've been wasting a lot of time trying to find a budget option but can't find one.

Messing around with my glad lacerate guy just to see if I want to play him again, the thought struck me to why not fit flicker strike in there as a clear skill. Lacerate is pretty good at clear but flicker is easily better. Soul Taker solves the mana issue some of the flicker builds have too.

If you have bleed pops, is there even a need for melee splash on flicker strike? Perhaps so because it looks like they STILL haven't fixed the issue bleed pops killing monster doesn't count as anything for Outlast and Outmatch. I blow through whole packs with that and Blood Rage and my frenzies aren't full!

Is Ancestral Call lite mod for gloves that good? Haven't been using it to clear.

What's the best single target to pair with this? I'm considering Perforate for high sustained or Vaal Double Strike for bigger burst but lower sustain.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been working through this flicker strike issue and I realized that for a lot of builds, the buffed boss hp means clearing and bossing skill setups are back.

Gross. I hated that era of PoE. Power creeping past the necessity for a 4L to clear and 6L to boss was a good thing.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
All this talk in guild chat about flicker strike got me all hot for it. I've been wasting a lot of time trying to find a budget option but can't find one.

Messing around with my glad lacerate guy just to see if I want to play him again, the thought struck me to why not fit flicker strike in there as a clear skill. Lacerate is pretty good at clear but flicker is easily better. Soul Taker solves the mana issue some of the flicker builds have too.

If you have bleed pops, is there even a need for melee splash on flicker strike? Perhaps so because it looks like they STILL haven't fixed the issue bleed pops killing monster doesn't count as anything for Outlast and Outmatch. I blow through whole packs with that and Blood Rage and my frenzies aren't full!

Is Ancestral Call lite mod for gloves that good? Haven't been using it to clear.

What's the best single target to pair with this? I'm considering Perforate for high sustained or Vaal Double Strike for bigger burst but lower sustain.

I also assumed that after i got explode chest i wouldn't need melee splash. But no, melee splash is too good for clear even with explosions.

I would say it's that good.. You can certainly manage whitout the extra strike, but if thats the way you want to go, for endgame gear it would still be better to have it on the gloves and anoint something other than tribal fury. For example both assassinate or tenacity would give me around 10% more dmg according to pob if i anointed either of those.

Sleeper best qol improvement for me was actually the 10% chance on hit for frenzy charge and not the explosion. Atleast with awakened multistrike you go from a 80% chance on the 4 swings to get a frenzy charge to 120%. Means i can skip blood rage on no regen maps and also means i get a use out of my frenzy charges on bosses too when i go to town on them with vDouble strike (perforate sounds interesting to try out though) so its like a 40% boss dmg boost to me.

Get fortify boots for either a 5link flicker or 5 link single target skil. Fortify is really common so not that hard to craft. Can pair it with tailwind if you craft your own.

On that note i love the crafting this patch, the new exalted and awakener orbs just open so many possiblites. It's the biggest reason i'm still playing, its certainly not Sirus and trying to spawn Sirus lol.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Down to my last 4 stones to acquire, unfortunately 3 are in one area so it is going to get boring fast running those maps.

Sirus dropped me an Awakened melee damage support gem, which actually is in my build. A bonafida Christmas miracle. Now to spend the rest of my life leveling it up. I am not one for true, focused planning in my Syndicate board.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Down to my last 4 stones to acquire, unfortunately 3 are in one area so it is going to get boring fast running those maps.

Sirus dropped me an Awakened melee damage support gem, which actually is in my build. A bonafida Christmas miracle. Now to spend the rest of my life leveling it up. I am not one for true, focused planning in my Syndicate board.

It actually is way less time than one would expect to level those gems up. Its like 1.9 billion exp. A standard empower type gem is almost 1.7 billion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I also assumed that after i got explode chest i wouldn't need melee splash. But no, melee splash is too good for clear even with explosions.

I would say it's that good.. You can certainly manage whitout the extra strike, but if thats the way you want to go, for endgame gear it would still be better to have it on the gloves and anoint something other than tribal fury. For example both assassinate or tenacity would give me around 10% more dmg according to pob if i anointed either of those.

Sleeper best qol improvement for me was actually the 10% chance on hit for frenzy charge and not the explosion. Atleast with awakened multistrike you go from a 80% chance on the 4 swings to get a frenzy charge to 120%. Means i can skip blood rage on no regen maps and also means i get a use out of my frenzy charges on bosses too when i go to town on them with vDouble strike (perforate sounds interesting to try out though) so its like a 40% boss dmg boost to me.

Get fortify boots for either a 5link flicker or 5 link single target skil. Fortify is really common so not that hard to craft. Can pair it with tailwind if you craft your own.

On that note i love the crafting this patch, the new exalted and awakener orbs just open so many possiblites. It's the biggest reason i'm still playing, its certainly not Sirus and trying to spawn Sirus lol.
Been playing around with the build today, quite happy with it. I would agree that frenzy on hit chest is a big QoL. It really sucks having to switch to double strike for fatties that don't die to your splash and you run out of frenzies.

Yes, I don't have awakened multi or that chest yet. I trying out a near-starter version of the build.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

White Wind for budget? No?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
White Wind for budget? No?
I grafted this onto an existing Lacerate Phys Axe character, so I didn't consider that. You could likely make that work but you'll have to change quite a few parts of the character to make it work. The bottom left of the tree is really efficient for picking up everything you need as long as you aren't crit swords. And even then, you can likely just get away with annointing Fatal Blade and then ignore that side of the tree.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
White Wind flicker with herald of ice was always a good one from the builds and build vids. Seen it rip up Minotaur and everything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you link me that build? I've taken my character into high tier reds and the lack of DPS is starting to show. Starting to think going crit swords is a requirement, at least for a phys based one.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finally decided to start up on Metamorph league. Trying out a skeleton summoner, as I have never done one. The league mechanic seems cool. I like how you can pop it where you want in the zone, instead of it having a static point.

How much time is left in this league anyway? I was not paying much attention to PoE since I quit half way through Blight.